Banshee Enterprise, Ltd. & Nodens Shipbuilding & KASM

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: Banshee Enterprise, Ltd. & Nodens Shipbuilding & KASM

Postby Zander » 08 Apr 2016, 16:38

Well I un-confirm it. So there.

(But for serious, those were the stats back in liberation. I don't think we have officially announced any stats since then, unless Musashi contradicts me, but we have upgraded Mjollnirs considerably. I suppose we should -probably- pin those new stats down, as fun as it is to keep them variable depending on our mood. Judges don't usually buy that. )
Zander

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby beadsman » 08 Apr 2016, 16:41

I was right, then. So I am the true winner of this argument! Har har!
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby mat.gopack » 08 Apr 2016, 16:45

musashisamurai wrote:Meanwhile, check the document I shared with you called HIGHCOM2.pdf, relating to thailand.

All the references to mjollnirs that I found have to do with being on ships and stuff, and not actual stats. At least in the order ones.

Zander wrote:Well I un-confirm it. So there.

(But for serious, those were the stats back in liberation. I don't think we have officially announced any stats since then, unless Musashi contradicts me, but we have upgraded Mjollnirs considerably. I suppose we should -probably- pin those new stats down, as fun as it is to keep them variable depending on our mood. Judges don't usually buy that. )

I mean, I'm fine with crazy powerful weapons. There's a limit to what, as a judge, I would view acceptable as a weapons system that is as wide-spread as the various mjollnirs are. And the .1c, 3 tonne weapon is straining that limit as is. Any Mjollnirs stronger than that would have to be very limited in numbers (roughly 1-5 in total) for me to judge them as being substantially more powerful. :?
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby musashisamurai » 08 Apr 2016, 16:47

Well, as a judge, I don't really think your missiles are as good as you say they are because of the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu, so fair cop. :mrgreen:

But no, I think Mjolnirs slow refiring compared to other weapons and low range-in space-balances that out. Most fights wont get to Mjolnir range. And many ships won't even be worth a Mjolnir blast
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby mat.gopack » 08 Apr 2016, 16:51

musashisamurai wrote:Well, as a judge, I don't really think your missiles are as good as you say they are because of the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu, so fair cop.

I'm not saying that Mjollnirs aren't incredibly strong. Even the stats I described have them as literally 1 million times stronger than any other railguns in the game. My missiles aren't that much stronger than everyone elses. Actually, compared to the upper limit I have for my own railguns as 'excessively strong', that mjollnir is 27 million times stronger.

So I do see a difference there, as a judge. Especially with 46,000 mjollnirs according to your spreadsheet, that aren't split into various power levels.

I think that's pretty fair of me tbh.

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby Zander » 08 Apr 2016, 16:56

Well most of those are ground-based mjollnirs, which are much smaller (because if you fire something at .1c from Earth, uhhh, ugly stuff happens.)
Zander

Postby mat.gopack » 08 Apr 2016, 17:01

Zander wrote:Well most of those are ground-based mjollnirs, which are much smaller (because if you fire something at .1c from Earth, uhhh, ugly stuff happens.)

well yeah, I know, because I convinced you that that was too much. But my point is that there's no way to tell which are the earth mjollnir, and which are the crazy space ones, and which are the apparently insanely crazy space ones. :|

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby musashisamurai » 08 Apr 2016, 17:03

Well, take a heavy capital ship and a frigate, which has a heavier Mjolnir you think?
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby mat.gopack » 08 Apr 2016, 17:08

musashisamurai wrote:Well, take a heavy capital ship and a frigate, which has a heavier Mjolnir you think?

Well, if all it says is that both have a Mjollnir, I wouldn't treat them any differently in power. If it were specified as a heavy mjollnir on the capital ship that's different. But there's no real way to tell the relative numbers and strength of the mjollnirs from the information I have, and apparently the baseline I found already crazy is not even the strongest ones, so it's starting to get way too crazy for me. ><

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby Zander » 08 Apr 2016, 18:23

Yeah we do need to classify our Mjollnirs.

And tie down some other things/get some descriptions as well.

I think we will put together an epic Mobius encyclopedia in a few months to go with our spreadsheet.
Zander

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country