History of the New Age

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: History of the New Age

Postby Subotai45 » 28 Apr 2016, 21:20

There's a reasonable Venusian history on the Venusian Empire's OP.
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 12223
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby musashisamurai » 28 Apr 2016, 21:29

mat.gopack wrote:So since the events of FL, important events:

Most everything on Venus (its minor wars into unification, plus we can't forget the mobius=scum moment).
Founding of some new nations (PCG, Cyon being the two most active, with the PMNB as well).
Ragnarok (most interesting: TR breaking apart, kingpie surprising mobius by leaving by accident IIRC)

For wars, there's the Thai conflict + the SAW.

I guess there also needs to be the formation of the Mattibean Union as well, since that's not actually in the history yet. Anything else important that I missed?


Cairo and FUN.

SAW?
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai
 
Posts: 16512
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 21:54
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby Boboden » 28 Apr 2016, 21:34

musashisamurai wrote:
mat.gopack wrote:So since the events of FL, important events:

Most everything on Venus (its minor wars into unification, plus we can't forget the mobius=scum moment).
Founding of some new nations (PCG, Cyon being the two most active, with the PMNB as well).
Ragnarok (most interesting: TR breaking apart, kingpie surprising mobius by leaving by accident IIRC)

For wars, there's the Thai conflict + the SAW.

I guess there also needs to be the formation of the Mattibean Union as well, since that's not actually in the history yet. Anything else important that I missed?


Cairo and FUN.

SAW?

SAW is the South American War. ICNS formation is important imo.
Republic of Brazil in CYOC

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
~ Winston Churchill
User avatar
Boboden
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 12 Feb 2014, 01:48
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (998)
All-game rating: (1022)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby mat.gopack » 28 Apr 2016, 21:39

ICNS formation is not currently important enough for inclusion IMO - we'll have to see if it sticks together. We've had similar organizations in the past that have done nothing
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20730
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby Boboden » 28 Apr 2016, 21:53

mat.gopack wrote:ICNS formation is not currently important enough for inclusion IMO - we'll have to see if it sticks together. We've had similar organizations in the past that have done nothing

fair enough.
Republic of Brazil in CYOC

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
~ Winston Churchill
User avatar
Boboden
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 12 Feb 2014, 01:48
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (998)
All-game rating: (1022)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby kingpie3 » 28 Apr 2016, 22:00

So if I'm getting all this, information included should be:
- New nations (Cyon, PCG, West Africa, Szaltcho, Brazil, Mattibean Union)
- Ragnarok (causes and the carnage)
- New borders (TR breaks up, Baun leaving Mobius)
- Conflicts/Arguments (Mattibean Union threatening Venus, Thai War, South American War)

So pretty much a few decades before Ragnarok to the current day.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
User avatar
kingpie3
 
Posts: 6652
Joined: 25 Feb 2012, 22:55
Location: Florida
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby mat.gopack » 28 Apr 2016, 22:08

kingpie3 wrote:So if I'm getting all this, information included should be:
- New nations (Cyon, PCG, West Africa, Szaltcho, Brazil, Mattibean Union)
- Ragnarok (causes and the carnage)
- New borders (TR breaks up, Baun leaving Mobius)
- Conflicts/Arguments (Mattibean Union threatening Venus, Thai War, South American War)

So pretty much a few decades before Ragnarok to the current day.

no, more like the last few centuries before ragnarok. The threatening of Venus is also not important enough (given that nothing ended up coming of it :'( ) to include at this point.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20730
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby kingpie3 » 28 Apr 2016, 22:20

I can do that. Because Venusian history is politically complex (betrayals, backers, etc.) I'm probably gonna need Subs' help to describe it in a galactic context (how it matters to the overall history). I'm not gonna cover every spat between him and Nar or even between Venus and Mobius, but stuff like me calling them irrelevant and them calling Mobius scum will be included along with the 3 or 4 wars they had. Anything else?
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
User avatar
kingpie3
 
Posts: 6652
Joined: 25 Feb 2012, 22:55
Location: Florida
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby mat.gopack » 28 Apr 2016, 22:22

Venus' history really shouldn't take more than 2-3 paragraphs to fit a summary of here. The more in-depth version on the EoV OP can then be read if interested.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20730
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: History of the New Age

Postby Subotai45 » 28 Apr 2016, 22:26

I can try summarizing it all in three paragraphs.
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 12223
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests