game creation template?

This is the home for suggestions for site improvements, changes to house rules, and new variants.
Forum rules
It's okay to suggest new rules variants in this forum, but proposing new *maps* should be done in the linked "New Map Variant Proposals & Voting" subforum.

game creation template?

Postby admiralspunky » 25 Jun 2020, 23:40

I often make a game that is a "sequel" to a game that I just finished, a new game with (almost) all of the same settings. When we view our finished games, could we have a button to load the Create Game screen with those options filled in?
admiralspunky
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1006
All-game rating: 1066
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: game creation template?

Postby Pops2112 » 26 Jun 2020, 10:20

Seconded ...

I think this is a neat idea - I expect lots of active players do what @admiralspunky describes and would use the new button if it could be added.
Pops2112
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1078
All-game rating: 1113
Timezone: GMT

Postby Custer » 26 Jun 2020, 14:27

And third......

Fly by night away from here......

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1095
All-game rating: 1044
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby super_dipsy » 11 Jul 2020, 07:38

That sounds interesting. I do often see games that are obviously follow ons to previous ones.

So if I have this right, you are thinking of an option on Create Game that says 'copy game xxxx' or something, which would then fill in the Game Create page with the options chosen for that game? But you would then be able to override any that you wished to change. Is that right?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Custer » 11 Jul 2020, 15:53

Dipsy's back! Welcome back Dipsy! Done recharging on your long overdue vacay?

LoL

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1095
All-game rating: 1044
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby admiralspunky » 21 Jul 2020, 03:34

super_dipsy wrote:That sounds interesting. I do often see games that are obviously follow ons to previous ones.

So if I have this right, you are thinking of an option on Create Game that says 'copy game xxxx' or something, which would then fill in the Game Create page with the options chosen for that game? But you would then be able to override any that you wished to change. Is that right?

Yes, that sounds about like what I'm thinking of. Or, when we view an ongoing or a completed game, maybe there's just a Rematch button, that fills in the Game Create page. But I think you've got the jist of the suggestion; however you think would be easiest to implement it.
admiralspunky
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1006
All-game rating: 1066
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Suggestions