Fantasy Rules Committee Round 2

Non-Dip games (such as "Mafia" and "Create Your Own Country") hosted by Forum members.

Fantasy Rules Committee Round 2

Postby Liberonscien » 29 Aug 2016, 18:13

This game is similar to nomic, and anyone can post rules. There is a Judge (starting with me) who judges whether each rule is valid or invalid. A rule is judged invalid if it is inconsistent with a previous valid rule or itself; otherwise valid. If a valid rule restricts further posting too much too early in the round, it can be judged unfair and can be ignored. The goal of the game is to come up with the last rule such that nobody can post any new rules after it. (All rules must obey themselves, but they don't need all past rules to obey them.)

If nobody posts a valid new rule for three days, then the last person to post a valid rule becomes the judge for the next round (if they want to). If nobody posts for an entire week (except meta-discussion), then anybody can become the new judge.

Meta-Rules:
1. The game progresses in rounds. All rules save one are repealed between each round.
2. Anyone may post a rule in the current round.
3. A rule that is inconsistent with a previous valid rule in the same round, or with itself, is to be judged invalid. Otherwise it is to be judged valid.
4. If a rule restricts play too much too early in the round, it can be judged unfair despite being valid. Unfair rules can be ignored.
5. If no valid rules are posted for 3 days, the judge may end the round.
6. The player posting the last valid rule becomes the judge for the next round, if they want to. Otherwise (or if nobody posts for a week), any player can become the judge by calling it.
7. Valid rules are numbered R[round].[rule], e.g. R1.1 is the first rule of the first round.
8. The judge may set a theme for the new round when starting it.
9. At the end of each round the judge chooses a rule to be added to the Meta-Rules.
10. On every seventh successfully passed rule, centaurs will attack a target of the player who successfully passed the seventh rule's choice. That player is no longer allowed to pass rules in this round due to dismemberment.
Previous Themes: Fictional Works
Previous Round's Rules:
R1.1
Centuars Attack!
On every seventh successfully passed rule, centaurs will attack a target of the player who successfully passed the seventh rule's choice. That player is no longer allowed to pass rules in this round due to dismemberment.
R1.2
Wizard's Revenge
In response to recent centaur attacks, wizards have successfully stolen the letter "w". No future rule may contain the letter "w" in the title or description.
Current Theme: N/A
(All proposed rules must include some form of reference to N/A)
Current Round's Rules: N/A
Last edited by Liberonscien on 08 Sep 2016, 17:22, edited 6 times in total.
Liberonscien

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fantasy Rules Committee

Postby I Love Italy » 30 Aug 2016, 00:57

So can anyone start posting at any time, like could I post the first rule right now?
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Liberonscien » 30 Aug 2016, 18:24

I Love Italy wrote:So can anyone start posting at any time, like could I post the first rule right now?

Yes, you may propose a rule at any time.
Liberonscien

Postby I Love Italy » 31 Aug 2016, 00:42

Proposal #1
Centuars Attack!

On every seventh successfully passed rule, centaurs will attack a target of the player who successfully passed the seventh rule's choice. That player is no longer allowed to pass rules in this round due to dismemberment.
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Postby Subotai45 » 31 Aug 2016, 02:34

Proposal #2: Wizard's Revenge

In response to recent centaur attacks, wizards have successfully stolen the letter "w". No future rule may contain the letter "w" in the title or description.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Liberonscien » 31 Aug 2016, 16:56

I Love Italy wrote:Proposal #1
Centuars Attack!

This is valid and accepted.
Subotai45 wrote:Proposal #2: Wizard's Revenge

This is also valid and accepted.
Liberonscien

Re: Fantasy Rules Committee Round 1

Postby I Love Italy » 01 Sep 2016, 05:47

Proposal #3
Call Me Ishmael

Whale attacks have reduced the population of the world to one man. Each future rules proposal must start with the phrase, "Call me Ishmael."
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Postby Liberonscien » 01 Sep 2016, 08:00

I Love Italy wrote:Proposal #3
Call Me Ishmael

Whale attacks have reduced the population of the world to one man. Each future rules proposal must start with the phrase, "Call me Ishmael."

My initial thought was that this wasn't valid according to R1.2.
After applying my inner rules lawyer I see that it did not say "W", just "w".
This is valid and accepted.
Liberonscien

Postby Subotai45 » 01 Sep 2016, 13:47

No, because "world" has a "w"
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5