Teacher Games

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

Teacher Games

Postby Solar Flare » 10 Sep 2020, 07:17

Do I need a Premium account to create more than 5 games for my students' use? Do the number of active games I personally have affect this quota?
Solar Flare

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1181
All-game rating: 1145
Timezone: GMT+7

Re: Teacher Games

Postby Josey Wales » 10 Sep 2020, 17:18

I am sure someone much more knowledgeable than me will come along and explain fully, in the meantime here is an excerpt from the rules:

" Schools accounts are an exception to the above. An account created using the ‘For Teachers’ facility does not count as a personal account and a member who uses a Schools account may create a personal account also."

I think the answer is NO, your personal account doesn't get affected by your teacher account.
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Platinum Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1017
All-game rating: 1143
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Solar Flare » 11 Sep 2020, 02:59

Thanks for your response, JW.

I kinda considered after I posted it that while I wouldn't actually be signing into these games myself, it's not going to be a problem - they're not going to count in my quota of five. I just note that there have been many issues with Premium membership privileges being granted immediately recently, unlike back in the good old days, so I wanted to be sure so that when my students come to my Playdip class on Monday I don't have to quickly sign up for Premium, only to find things aren't working as they should.
Solar Flare

Standard rating: 1181
All-game rating: 1145
Timezone: GMT+7

Postby asudevil » 12 Sep 2020, 05:12

Solar Flare wrote:Thanks for your response, JW.

I kinda considered after I posted it that while I wouldn't actually be signing into these games myself, it's not going to be a problem - they're not going to count in my quota of five. I just note that there have been many issues with Premium membership privileges being granted immediately recently, unlike back in the good old days, so I wanted to be sure so that when my students come to my Playdip class on Monday I don't have to quickly sign up for Premium, only to find things aren't working as they should.

The delay on premium only happens...when you use a different email for playdip and your paypal account.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Return to Information