See Each Season's Map for Completed Game

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

See Each Season's Map for Completed Game

Postby Bulletproofman19 » 09 Jun 2020, 20:35

Hi All,

I recently completed a game, and I was wondering if there was a method for seeing the map as it existed in a past season. For example, my game ended in Spring 1909, but I am looking for a way to see the map as it existed in Fall 1905. I already know you can see a map under "Order History", but I am looking for a map that reflects only unit positions -- not orders. Is this possible?

I tried tweaking the parameters of https://www.playdiplomacy.com/view_imag ... nt_phase=N , but I'm not seeing a way to see anything besides the current/final map.

Thanks.
Bulletproofman19

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: See Each Season's Map for Completed Game

Postby Shyvve » 09 Jun 2020, 21:00

I think something you could do would be save an image of the map following builds phase, for the situation going into next spring.
Then for a fall turn, save the map following spring retreats.

Neither of those would show any movement orders (only unit positions) heading into S/F turns. Well, the spring retreat maps would show the actual retreat, come to think of it.

You could just take a snapshot of the map before the spring or fall turn processes - with the caveat that the sending of snapshots in a game is strictly prohibited. But you could use them for say, an AAR or something. You'd have to do this real-time though as the game progresses, not once the game is finished.
An Oldie and Gold Classicist. Moderator for the Classicist group.
Shyvve

Standard rating: (1313)
All-game rating: (1345)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: See Each Season's Map for Completed Game

Postby Bulletproofman19 » 09 Jun 2020, 21:07

You'd have to do this real-time though as the game progresses, not once the game is finished.

Yeah, I was wondering if there was a way to get those images back after the fact. Sounds like no.
Bulletproofman19

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Information