1st Turn NMR Protected Game: PlayDip process

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

1st Turn NMR Protected Game: PlayDip process

Postby lsfinn » 08 Jun 2020, 16:44

Greetings All -

A game I'm currently involved in, which is 1st turn NMR protected, just triggered the protection. We're back in the confirmation stage. This prompts me to wonder what the "flow chart" is for the 1st turn NMR protection process is. While I will learn some elements of it shortly, I would be glad if someone could enlighten me more generally. Additionally, a real flow-chart, or similar description, would be I think a valuable addition to the site. Finally, setting out the full process might suggest some changes that would be worth discussing.

For example, what is the status of the game when it returns? Presumably we are back at the "beginning" of Sp'01; but, what does that mean? E.g., in a Random or Preference game, are Great Power assignments re-made? If not, is press preserved, or not? Is the orders deadline also reset? I.e., in a 2 day order deadline phase, is it once again 4 days for the first set of orders? Etc.

Thanks much!
--
lsfinn
lsfinn

Timezone: MDT

Re: 1st Turn NMR Protected Game: PlayDip process

Postby Charleroi » 08 Jun 2020, 20:08

After an NMR in the first turn, a protected game goes back into the queue (I believe the NMR'd player is booted and that player's slot opens up - otherwise it just goes back to reconfirmation). In any event, countries are reassigned, so there's no point preserving comms.

Almost all of the relevant information about protected games and NMR protected games is already available in the hover over text in the list of games to join. There's a big question mark that reveals the hover over text and "protected game" is written in red text. There's no one trying to hide the ball - the mods have done a pretty good job making information accessible.
Charleroi
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1555
All-game rating: 1675
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby lsfinn » 09 Jun 2020, 20:40

There's no one trying to hide the ball - the mods have done a pretty good job making information accessible.

I am sorry that my request for information was taken as an accusation that some one or some group is "trying to hide the ball." Please accept my assurance that nothing of the sort at any time crossed my mind.
--
lsfinn
lsfinn

Timezone: MDT

Postby WHSeward » 10 Jun 2020, 04:10

@Charleroi, that is almost right.

@Isfinn, this is also documented in the Guides tab under Game Options:
“NMR Protect” games reset if a player NMRs in the first phase of the game. The offending player is auto-surrendered and the game will return to waiting for players. All messages are saved and are available once the game re-starts (at the beginning of the first phase) after a replacement player joins.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Information