NMR first turn - friends game

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

NMR first turn - friends game

Postby Nababz » 25 Sep 2017, 22:49

Hi everybody !

My friends and I launched a friends game but one of us failed to send their orders before the end of first turn, with NMR first turn protection. Consequently, the game got back into the "pending game" sections for us, but our friend that was in Civil Disorder cannot see the game anymore. We'd like to keep that game active and not create a new one if possible, so that we don't have to start over alliances and such.

Any clue on how to make him join the game again ?

EDIT: I've seen this message before posting:

"When a player leaves a game (surrenders, leaves before the game starts, etc) then if the game is Rank or Norank, the player cannot return to the game and will not see the game in the 'Join Game' list of available games.

However, this protection is removed for Friends and Schools games. The logic is that whereas we do not want people deliberately screwing with games by joining, leaving, joining, leaving etc, it is assumed that if it is a Friends (or Schools) game then all the players know each other and what is happening and therefore presumably will be fine letting the player back in."

So I know it is possible in a friends game for our friend to get back into the game but can't figure out how...
Nababz

Re: NMR first turn - friends game

Postby WHSeward » 25 Sep 2017, 23:10

What is your friend's username? I'll check it out, but he should just see the game.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nababz » 25 Sep 2017, 23:29

My friend's username is Abdelhamid44. Actually, he can see the game but cannot join.
Nababz

Postby WHSeward » 26 Sep 2017, 00:33

I believe he can. I just logged in as him to check. Remind him to use the "join game" tab, type in the game number and click join game. Sometimes people use the "active game" tab instead by mistake.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Information