AARs

GM: Pedros. Winner: Shibabalo (Russia)

AARs

Postby Pedros » 06 Jun 2013, 14:57

Congratulations to Shibabalo on a convincing solo victory as Russia.

AARs here please, as many as will!
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Re: AARs

Postby Shibabalo » 06 Jun 2013, 20:50

This was, more than anything else, a YOLO solo.
At the start of the game, I contacted everyone, divvying up the neutrals in a reasonable manner (I get Brest, Poland gets Konigsberg, I get Tallinn and Saarema, Finland gets Aland and Slite.) Everything was going swell in the spring, with Poland and Sweden hindering each other, and nobody acting aggressively towards me (my argument with Finland on the thread was staged). I could have just stuck with Brest, Tallinn, and Saarema, and pissed off nobody the first year. But, I knew that Poland would build in Warsaw, and my opportunity would be lost, so I said “YOLO” and stabbed. Turns out this was an excellent decision, and sent me on the road for an early lead.
Then, the second year, Finland NMRed on builds, and threw himself at Sweden. I could have just focused on mauling Poland, but Finland’s backside was wide open, so I said “YOLO” and stabbed. As I worked on finishing off Poland and Finland, my primary (and only) diplomatic purpose was to maintain Sweden as an ally. I “agreed” to accept a two-way draw when the time came, and helped him into Finland and Poland as much as I could, while slowly but steadily reaching twelve supply centers myself. At this point, I could have agreed to a two-way draw after finishing off the others, but, in short, I said “YOLO,” stabbed Sweden, and soloed.
Many thanks to Pedros for running this; it was a great game. All three other players were excellent sports.
SOLO- Baltic, Double Diplomacy
Draw- Layered, Dip Lite, 1700, Zeus, Simple, 1900 S&S
Loss- Some games

Classicist, Whippersnapper, Swag Bagel
Shibabalo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (987)
All-game rating: (1410)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AARs

Postby Shibabalo » 17 Jun 2013, 16:46

Lol -- looks like I beat all the other players speechless!
SOLO- Baltic, Double Diplomacy
Draw- Layered, Dip Lite, 1700, Zeus, Simple, 1900 S&S
Loss- Some games

Classicist, Whippersnapper, Swag Bagel
Shibabalo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (987)
All-game rating: (1410)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Game 7