Bronze Application

If you wish yo join the Classicists group, post here.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

Bronze Application

Postby Parabellum » 31 Jul 2018, 05:09

I am not sure if I qualify for bronze, as I am not a premium member and cannot view my stats. I think I'm borderline. If I do qualify, I'd like to join. Thanks!

Para
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (969)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Bronze Application

Postby Josey Wales » 31 Jul 2018, 06:08

Here are your stats:

Active games: 2
Pending games: 0

15 finished games
0 solo wins (0.00% solo rate)
5 draws (33.33% draw rate)
Longest streak of wins/draws (premium only) = 0
3 surrenders (rank games) (20.00% surrender rate)
3 surrenders (norank games) (27.27% surrender rate)
856/875 turns taken (97.83% consistency rate)

Game type played:
Regular: 9 (60.00%)
Anonymous Countries: 0 (0.00%)
Anonymous Players: 6 (40.00%)
Gunboat: 0 (0.00%)
Public Press Only: 0 (0.00%)

Favourite deadline: every 24 hours

Whether you qualify or not would be a question for Jon S or one of the other mods of the group.
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Aspiring Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1141
All-game rating: 1134
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Parabellum » 31 Jul 2018, 23:43

I know that's a lot of surrenders, but I also think I'm getting close to the bronze requirements per that thread (5 games w/ no unjustified surrenders). Hopefully that's evidence that I've reformed.

Thanks for looking up my stats for me.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Postby Josey Wales » 01 Aug 2018, 00:01

Yes, it may be a lot but the number is not the full story. Surrenders very frequently impact the game by tilting the playing field heavily in one direction. In other words, benefitting one player (usually the attacker you turtled under) to the detriment of the other players.

I would encourage you to consider never surrendering even if you are sure to lose if only to ensure that one player doesn't gain an advantage from CIVIL DISORDER - yes I know it is part of the game.

Also, 1 unit even can make a huge impact on a game. I can direct you in a PM to a game I am in that 1 unit had a massive impact on a game and said player (who took over a surrendered position) is now well on his way to a 17/17 draw or even a solo if I let such a travesty of justice occur.

I never surrender but I do intentionally tilt a game in one direction at times That is a discussion for another day.
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Aspiring Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1141
All-game rating: 1134
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Parabellum » 13 Oct 2018, 15:58

bump
Parabellum

Postby Fatmo » 15 Oct 2018, 21:40

You're good for Bronze. Eight games since your last surrender. You also have good orders consistency!

The words of Josey are wise. But you've done well to not surrender for eight games in a row. Many players start out here and don't really realize/think/care about surrendering until they play a bit more and realize how harmful it can be to a game overall. You've stuck with games recently so you're all good.

Finish two more ranked or no-rank games with that same consistency and you can reapply for silver if you want.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Parabellum » 16 Oct 2018, 01:21

Great, thanks!
Parabellum

Return to Applications