shame and humiliation

If you wish yo join the Classicists group, post here.

Moderators: Fatmo, JonS, Buachaille

shame and humiliation

Postby NJLonghorn » 17 Jul 2018, 01:28

After working hard to build a perfect record with well over 1000 turns, I sustained my first-ever and second-ever NMRs this past week. Unfortunately, both occurred in the same game, resulting in an auto-surrender. No excuse -- I just made the mistake of signing up for a game with 12-hour deadlines when my real life was busy.

Is this a violation of Section 4(B) of the Classicist Constitution? If so, is this the right way to self-report the violation under Section 3(H)?

In any event, I humbly throw myself on the mercy of the Court.
Classicists, Aspiring Bronze Silver Gold Bronze Member
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1171)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: shame and humiliation

Postby The SHIV » 17 Jul 2018, 02:04

I'd like to speak for the character of the defendant. And ask the court for mercy for this poor soul who got caught up in something that was simply more than he could handle. I beg the court for mercy for this poor pitiful soul......

Amen

The SHIV
Esquire
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1136
All-game rating: 1100

Postby Jack007 » 17 Jul 2018, 04:08

The SHIV wrote:I'd like to speak for the character of the defendant. And ask the court for mercy for this poor soul who got caught up in something that was simply more than he could handle. I beg the court for mercy for this poor pitiful soul......

Amen

The SHIV
Esquire

Lol.

Possibly the longest posting of The Shiv ever. It must be true, then.
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1410
All-game rating: 1685
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby The SHIV » 17 Jul 2018, 14:45

I know right. A mountain of chisel dust!

LoL

The SHIV
Keeper of the Sacred Chisel
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!

Postby NJLonghorn » 11 Oct 2018, 20:18

Now that Lord Fatmo is going to start catching up on pending applications, I thought I'd update this post. Since my surrender in July 2018 (Superbia, game #146431), I have completed 9 ranked games with no further NMRs or surrenders. The rules aren't super-clear on what is required for reinstatement, but I plead for mercy.
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Postby Fatmo » 12 Oct 2018, 15:56

The way I'm reading the rules, it looks like if we follow the letter of the law then you should have been bumped down to Bronze from your previous gold membership and then you kind of make your way back from there.

So...I think this means I should just switch you to Bronze now, and then after you complete one more rank or no-rank game, apply again to be bumped up to silver.

If anyone thinks I've misread anything, let me know.

Your consistency is ridiculously good overall!
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby NJLonghorn » 12 Oct 2018, 16:44

Fatmo wrote:The way I'm reading the rules, it looks like if we follow the letter of the law then you should have been bumped down to Bronze from your previous gold membership and then you kind of make your way back from there.

So...I think this means I should just switch you to Bronze now, and then after you complete one more rank or no-rank game, apply again to be bumped up to silver.

If anyone thinks I've misread anything, let me know.

Your consistency is ridiculously good overall!

I think you are reading it right. However, the decision is supposed to be made by a minimum of 2 mods. So until you get Jon or Bou to vote with you, I think I'm safe. :mrgreen:

jk, I'm happy to accept a Bronze demotion. As you say, I will only need to complete 1 game to get back to Silver, then 5 more to Gold and 5 more after that to Platinum.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Postby The SHIV » 13 Oct 2018, 01:23

No time like the present.........chop, chop!

LOL

The SHIV
The SHIV
Premium Member

Return to Applications