Classicists Application (Aspiring)

If you wish yo join the Classicists group, post here.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Classicists Application (Aspiring)

Postby Josey Wales » 02 Jun 2018, 05:51

Hmmmm … Classicists … sounds dangerous and right up my alley. I am a SPAM AMBASSADOR (not tagged yet but ask anyone who plays against me about the avalanche of wisdom I impart both privately and publicly each and every turn). 100% all across the board on remembering the right sequence of mouse clicks to enter in a valid order. I even have managed to not lose all my games in a row and trying very hard not to solo in another one. I have learned what the difference between Bul (ec) and Bul (sc) is but am still struggling to understand why I can't move from Black Sea to Aegean Sea in one move - oh well, some things are destined to remain a mystery just like Hel - Baltic Sea also gets the Super_Dipsy bitch-slap special (hands to heavens if I know why). Don't even get me started on CONVOY. To me, it is a movie starring Chris Kristoffersen and all this ballyhoo about moving armies across water is simply magical.

3 games finished officially (played 100's), 1 solo, at least 1 more in the works, 100% consistency, caused a number of surrenders (never surrendered myself), bent a few feelers, at least 4 enraged ex-allies with said group soon to be expanded significantly.
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Aspiring Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1043
All-game rating: 1043
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Classicists Application (Aspiring)

Postby StarkAdder » 03 Jun 2018, 08:21

Best. Application. Commentary. Ever.
StarkAdder
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1208
All-game rating: 1063
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Ceasars Geezers » 03 Jun 2018, 15:14

Yes a very funny application. I’m pretty sure you qualify (although I’m not a moderator) and you seem like a fun person to have in the Classicist C-Dip series we have going on. You can look at the details in my signature and PM me if you want to join.
Ceasars Geezers
Premium Bronze Classicist
Ceasars Geezers

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 934
All-game rating: 952

Postby Buachaille » 04 Jun 2018, 01:20

All good for Aspiring. Welcome.
Classicist.
Buachaille

Standard rating: (1580)
All-game rating: (1635)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Josey Wales » 04 Jun 2018, 11:41

Buachaille wrote:All good for Aspiring. Welcome.

Thanks Buachaille, I will get this Convoy business figured out and then will enjoy playing England instead of having two fleets set sail whilst the army staggers around the countryside pinballing like an Irishman on payday.

I would point out the game I am desperately trying not to solo but sadly it is anonymous and I fear that I am being propelled to 18 SC whether I want it or not. I have even resorted to trying the parachute maneuvor at times to slow my forward momentum but it appears even attempting moves such as A Ber moves to Portugal has done little to slow down the goose-stepping onslaught of my soldiers and sailors.

I think I shall stab three players all at once this turn and see if that will do the trick.

Josey Wales
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Aspiring Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1043
All-game rating: 1043
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby solo1805 » 05 Sep 2018, 23:34

Third monkey at Noah's Ark indeed! I can't wait to use that tomorrow at work. I'm still laughing...
Quendam Deus Incertas Universitas
Platinum Member of The Classicists
solo1805

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1120)
All-game rating: (1521)

Postby Mr Aedron » 10 Nov 2018, 11:08

I can concur on the spam ambassador bit! :mrgreen:
Mr Aedron
Premium Member