Lecrae14 - AAR

AoE-style game for 14 players on a map of Europe. Devised by lecrae, GMd by attitudes. 3-playeer draw: Pressser84 (Vienna); AardvarkArmy (Dublin), kerrmit (Madrid)

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby AardvarkArmy » 20 Jun 2013, 20:12

marsman57 wrote:I'm torn on that subject in these bigger games presser. I used to operate with that mentality, but I found I wasted a lot of effort on setting up diplomatic relations with powers that did not exist within 2 years time.


Unless you don't have a job or other activites, it would be pretty hard to keep up a correspondence chain with 14 other players. I always make an initial reach out to every one (and try to be the first to reach everyone if I can), but must confess I let the chain drop with at least half sooner than later - Dublin just isn't going to get much of value from, say, Bucharest. At least I have some early contact that I can pick back up on later as needed...
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
User avatar
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 04:37
Location: Oakland, California, USA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1370
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby marsman57 » 20 Jun 2013, 21:06

That was why playing Britain in Imperial is so hard, you have important stuff to negotiate with at least 12 of the 13 other players most seasons.
marsman57
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: 05 Oct 2009, 21:42
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1128)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby presser84 » 20 Jun 2013, 23:23

marsman57 wrote:I'm torn on that subject in these bigger games presser. I used to operate with that mentality, but I found I wasted a lot of effort on setting up diplomatic relations with powers that did not exist within 2 years time.


Valid, I can see that. Is that the variant or the diplomat's doing though? The cost (time, information being used against you, player might not even be there later in the game) vs benefit (building potential late alliances/relationship, information gathering) is somewhat tough in larger games. I wont say I paid much mind to Cope, Brussels, London (except for a some info gathering initially) or Dublin e(xcept that I offered Madrid to have Dublin as part of our alliance "for now"... didn't realize it was a marriage though I just didn't press him on it).
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4326
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby presser84 » 22 Jun 2013, 02:22

I want to point out one last thing. I only just now realized that my ally's name is kerrmit and not kermit. I have messages that never left my outbox addressed to kermit and I never understood why he wasn't reading them yet he was responding to other things. That explains it.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4326
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby AardvarkArmy » 22 Jun 2013, 02:54

presser84 wrote:I want to point out one last thing. I only just now realized that my ally's name is kerrmit and not kermit. I have messages that never left my outbox addressed to kermit and I never understood why he wasn't reading them yet he was responding to other things. That explains it.



;) Mistakes happen! I made a pretty big boo-boo myself in this game...
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
User avatar
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 04:37
Location: Oakland, California, USA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1370
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby kerrmit » 22 Jun 2013, 03:05

Lol, you had asked me about that once and I had I idea what you were talking about! Glad you figured it out, lol
'Chance Favors The Prepared Mind'
Gold Member of The Classicists
Proud Member of The Swag Bagels
Winner Lecrae 14 - Madrid
Winner Zeus V - Germany
kerrmit
 
Posts: 125
Joined: 29 Jan 2013, 21:37
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1207)
All-game rating: (1197)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby marsman57 » 24 Jun 2013, 16:25

presser84 wrote:
marsman57 wrote:I'm torn on that subject in these bigger games presser. I used to operate with that mentality, but I found I wasted a lot of effort on setting up diplomatic relations with powers that did not exist within 2 years time.


Valid, I can see that. Is that the variant or the diplomat's doing though? The cost (time, information being used against you, player might not even be there later in the game) vs benefit (building potential late alliances/relationship, information gathering) is somewhat tough in larger games. I wont say I paid much mind to Cope, Brussels, London (except for a some info gathering initially) or Dublin e(xcept that I offered Madrid to have Dublin as part of our alliance "for now"... didn't realize it was a marriage though I just didn't press him on it).


I will note that if a further away player does drop me a line that I'll surely respond. I'm not sure if presser sent me any messages in this game though as I've already deleted my lecrae folder.
marsman57
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: 05 Oct 2009, 21:42
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1128)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby presser84 » 24 Jun 2013, 18:38

marsman57 wrote:
presser84 wrote:
marsman57 wrote:I'm torn on that subject in these bigger games presser. I used to operate with that mentality, but I found I wasted a lot of effort on setting up diplomatic relations with powers that did not exist within 2 years time.


Valid, I can see that. Is that the variant or the diplomat's doing though? The cost (time, information being used against you, player might not even be there later in the game) vs benefit (building potential late alliances/relationship, information gathering) is somewhat tough in larger games. I wont say I paid much mind to Cope, Brussels, London (except for a some info gathering initially) or Dublin e(xcept that I offered Madrid to have Dublin as part of our alliance "for now"... didn't realize it was a marriage though I just didn't press him on it).


I will note that if a further away player does drop me a line that I'll surely respond. I'm not sure if presser sent me any messages in this game though as I've already deleted my lecrae folder.


I sent a message to all players when I subbed in with along the lines of "looking forward to hearing back from you on how Vienna fits into your plans for European domination." That might have been our only correspondence.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4326
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby attitudes » 24 Jun 2013, 19:43

Here is the latest iteration of the map. Other than aesthetic changes to make the map smaller in size and to allow units to fit within the boundaries of provinces without hiding the name of the province, the only changes are:

    Britain's starting location has been moved from London to Edinburgh
    Zurich has been removed as a power thus making the variant now Lecrae13

What does everybody think?

EDIT: map deleted; moved to later post
Last edited by attitudes on 25 Jun 2013, 03:02, edited 2 times in total.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Be careful when you blindly follow the masses. Sometimes, the M is silent.

on indefinite hiatus
User avatar
attitudes
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 18:01
Location: San Francisco Bay Area - go SHARKS!!
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Lecrae14 - AAR

Postby lecrae » 24 Jun 2013, 19:53

I liek it, atlhguoth making Madrid back to the original status of being Landloked is my preference, it will make it SLIGHTLY less powerful.
User avatar
lecrae
 
Posts: 4217
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 01:32
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1288
All-game rating: 1325
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to lecrae 14 {All Maps Visible}

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron