Fall 1909 Results

AoE-style game for 14 players on a map of Europe. Devised by lecrae, GMd by attitudes. 3-playeer draw: Pressser84 (Vienna); AardvarkArmy (Dublin), kerrmit (Madrid)

Re: Fall 1909 Results

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 16:06

Re: Lecrae - Burgundy to help with Kiel
Sent at: 10 Jun 2013, 01:38
by presser84
I don't think that...that's was meant to be a friendly bet....hatchet bury-er...was meant to unwind tensions but maybe the stakes should be a I buy you a massage if I'm wrong.
Sent at: 10 Jun 2013, 01:34
by AardvarkArmy
Sigh...

No need for anyone falling on swords.

I don't know what Lecrae is going to do. I deem him vociferous and desperate, which makes him volatile and dangerous.

Do I think it's certain he will attack Holland? Of course not. Do I think it's a reasonable possibility? You bet.

Hence, I choose the path that minimizes MY risk while achieving my ally's key objective within the necessary time frame (e.g., the all-important fall)

Does that make me "the worst diplomat on the site?" Well, if you think so, then I will never dissuade you of that notion.

Have a good night
Sent at: 10 Jun 2013, 01:25
by presser84
Let's make a bet then, if lecrae attacks holland from ruhr I will publicly call myself the worst diplomat on the site in thread. If he does Anything else, you have to publicly state you think I'm the best diplomat on the site. Deal?

Not a jab per say but it shows how high strung you are.

Also tthose 13 pms were not about ruhr 100%..just know I learned what I needed from it beyond what was said. Would expand but I don't care to help you get better at this game.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
presser84

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 16:49

presser84 wrote:
Not a jab per say but it shows how high strung you are..

really? is that what it shows? or, does posting that final exchange without showing the context of the 12 preceding messages show how self-=serving your world view is?

[and, side note - while I played the good-humored "good sport" and gave you that "You're the greatest" public pronouncement, fact was, the scenario played out PRECISELY as I had wanted. I had wanted to see Berlin eliminated, but had wanted him to be a problem for you in both the Spring and Fall turns, and had not wanted you to reach Ruhr first. The "you're the greatest" pronouncement was COMPLETELY for the purpose of smoothing YOUR high-strung ruffled feathers.]

presser84 wrote:
Also tthose 13 pms were not about ruhr 100%..just know I learned what I needed from it beyond what was said. Would expand but I don't care to help you get better at this game.

LOL! Now THAT is funny! Glad to see you really do have a sense of humor!

Take your compliment - you played a great game. Well done!
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1370
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 17:04

Honestly on my phone so copying a big message is not easy. It was not purposeful ommision because the content was a secret. The point was showing how you took a small jab to mean I was calling you the worst pkayer ever...ie high strung. That was the relevant bit I qas referencing.
presser84

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 17:19

And my is my feathers were and are never ruffled. You got, assuming madrid accepts, your desired outcome. You are so proud of your "successful" moves towards achieving that. My over arching point is that your "goals" were short sighted. You keep showing these battles that you think you've "won" and act like you won the war. Maybe it's that we're on different levels here with regard to how this game should be played. I'll leave it at that.
presser84

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 17:45

presser84 wrote:Honestly on my phone so copying a big message is not easy. It was not purposeful ommision because the content was a secret. The point was showing how you took a small jab to mean I was calling you the worst pkayer ever...ie high strung. That was the relevant bit I qas referencing.

Yeah, umm, but that "little jab" came after multiple messages that had reached a level of insult that included such gems as:

If you want to be an idiot

Take your head out of your overly paranoid ass

regardless of how retard you are

If you scroll through ALL of those messages, you will find that I NEVER responded in kind with insults back towards you. I ALWAYS responded with the "logic" of my position, such as:

I truly don't appreciate the attitude

I OFFERED A PLAN TO HELP BEFORE YOU EVEN ASKED

MY PLAN ASKS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FROM YOU IN RETURN
- You don't have to support me anywhere, anytime
- You don't have to cut support for me anywhere, anytime
- You don't have to risk any of your centers or any other territories for me
- You don't have to do ANYTHING except take the center that you want to take!

I OFFERED, BEFORE YOU ASKED, AND DESPITE YOUR ABSURDLY DEMANDING P- AND NOW INSULTING - ATTITUDE, I WILL STAND BY MY OFFER

So, tell me again, who's high strung?
Last edited by AardvarkArmy on 16 Jun 2013, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 17:49

presser84 wrote: You keep showing these battles that you think you've "won" and act like you won the war.

Where? Where have I bragged about battles I think I've won? I have repeatedly stated that I was simply relieved to have survived some of the earlier travails. I have acknowledged both publicly and privately that you played a kick-a$$ game

presser84 wrote: Maybe it's that we're on different levels here with regard to how this game should be played. I'll leave it at that.

Yes, I think we are on different levels. For while I have won a significant number of solo games, I do still understand that it is only a game.

ONCE AGAIN, TAKE YOUR COMPLIMENT - YOU PLAYED A GREAT GAME!
Last edited by AardvarkArmy on 16 Jun 2013, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 17:53

GhostEcho wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:** but, hey, I guessed pretty good in Scandinavia, eh?

Very good, you were able to divine the only plausible moves of a 2-center power. ;)
presser84

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 18:02

AardvarkArmy wrote:
presser84 wrote: Maybe it's that we're on different levels here with regard to how this game should be played. I'll leave it at that.

Yes, I think we are on different levels. For while I have won a significant number of solo games, I do still understand that it is only a game.

ONCE AGAIN, TAKE YOUR COMPLIMENT - YOU PLAYED A GREAT GAME!

Love the subjectivity..."significant number" of games. Anyway, what you fail to realize is that my play is calculated (maybe yours is too but I don't get that impression). My words are chosen carefully to express a certain tone to illicit a reaction, find out your true intentions. The actual moves are only minimally relevant. When I seem "butt-hurt," it's when I need to seem that way to fit my needs. When you are butt-hurt you are....thus high strung.

The thing is, I KNOW I DID NOT play a great game so while it's a compliment it's not true. My point, which you keep meandering around, is you also did not play a great game but consider yourself successful.
presser84

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 18:04

presser84 wrote:
GhostEcho wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:** but, hey, I guessed pretty good in Scandinavia, eh?

Very good, you were able to divine the only plausible moves of a 2-center power. ;)

wow! I guess that seals it then! I see how that one little side comment, publicly posted within the mirthful "You are the Greatest Ever" post DEFINITELY constitutes how I "keep showing these battle you've won" (note the plural) and, I must agree, when I read that post I DEFINITELY think anyone who reads it would think it means "Hey, I've won the war."

LOL! LOL! LOL!

This is getting funnier and funnier with every post!

LOL! LOL! LOL!
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 18:05

AardvarkArmy wrote:
wow! I guess that seals it then! I see how that one little side comment, publicly posted within the mirthful "You are the Greatest Ever" post DEFINITELY constitutes how I "keep showing these battle you've won" (note the plural) and, I must agree, when I read that post I DEFINITELY think anyone who reads it would think it means "Hey, I've won the war."

LOL! LOL! LOL!

This is getting funnier and funnier with every post!

LOL! LOL! LOL!

again...

presser84 wrote:
The thing is, I KNOW I DID NOT play a great game so while it's a compliment it's not true. My point, which you keep meandering around, is you also did not play a great game but consider yourself successful.
presser84

PreviousNext

Return to lecrae 14 {All Maps Visible}