AHW Revamp

Moderators: ferdy0, GuitarMan

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby FortressDoor » 27 Jan 2014, 00:09

Subotai45 wrote:I just think it's rather odd that places like Lusitani can have the same number of provinces as Carthage.


I am also a bit put off by that. I might end up taking it away from them. In fact, do that the two province tribes cannot create a new provinces

But, on exchange, all one province powers can create one new province.
GM of Ancients of the World. PM to sign up!
viewforum.php?f=518
User avatar
FortressDoor
 
Posts: 5733
Joined: 28 May 2012, 23:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby ferdy0 » 27 Jan 2014, 00:09

Subotai45 wrote:I just think it's rather odd that places like Lusitani can have the same number of provinces as Carthage.


your 3 are all larger and produce more, and you have cities to boot
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
User avatar
ferdy0
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 19:02
Location: Somewhere in the History of the World forum
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby ferdy0 » 27 Jan 2014, 00:10

FortressDoor wrote:
Subotai45 wrote:I just think it's rather odd that places like Lusitani can have the same number of provinces as Carthage.


I am also a bit put off by that. I might end up taking it away from them. In fact, do that the two province tribes cannot create a new provinces

But, on exchange, all one province powers can create one new province.


fine in that case shouldnt cities be cheaper as no gaul would build underground waterways etc :P
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
User avatar
ferdy0
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 19:02
Location: Somewhere in the History of the World forum
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby Subotai45 » 27 Jan 2014, 00:12

Well, our provinces both only have three apiece, even though mine are much larger land-wise.
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 11770
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby FortressDoor » 27 Jan 2014, 00:12

ferdy0 wrote:
FortressDoor wrote:
Subotai45 wrote:I just think it's rather odd that places like Lusitani can have the same number of provinces as Carthage.


I am also a bit put off by that. I might end up taking it away from them. In fact, do that the two province tribes cannot create a new provinces

But, on exchange, all one province powers can create one new province.


fine in that case shouldnt cities be cheaper as no gaul would build underground waterways etc :P


That would make the game a bit too complicated, IMO.

Considering, however, adding a major settlement rule. Basically, level 0 cities.
GM of Ancients of the World. PM to sign up!
viewforum.php?f=518
User avatar
FortressDoor
 
Posts: 5733
Joined: 28 May 2012, 23:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby Subotai45 » 27 Jan 2014, 00:13

Err... what? Do they produce any resources? Or are they just like little forts?
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 11770
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby FortressDoor » 27 Jan 2014, 00:15

Subotai45 wrote:Err... what? Do they produce any resources? Or are they just like little forts?


Working on it. Poll thread and discussion once I have it worked out.
GM of Ancients of the World. PM to sign up!
viewforum.php?f=518
User avatar
FortressDoor
 
Posts: 5733
Joined: 28 May 2012, 23:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby ferdy0 » 27 Jan 2014, 00:15

Subotai45 wrote:Err... what? Do they produce any resources? Or are they just like little forts?


prolly just cheaper to make into a level 1 city than making a level 1 city from scratch
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
User avatar
ferdy0
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 19:02
Location: Somewhere in the History of the World forum
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby GrexofFaria » 27 Jan 2014, 02:08

ferdy0 wrote:gauls =/= gallic exactly


Gallic=/=Hispania exactly ;) No where does it say that Gallic refers to anything else, but the people of Gaul. Celtic on the other hand refers to the people of Gaul, Britannia, Most of Spain, Parts of Northern Italy, Central/Southern Germany, and some parts of Eastern Europe.

Gallic refers to Gaul but for future reference if you talking about the Gauls, just say Gauls, don't use Gallic :p. Technically the Lusitani are Indo-European or pre-celtic :p
Wvandreforza in CYOC
Koning der Nederland in HOTW
Creator of China Diplomacy In Early Development so please check it out and comment!
User avatar
GrexofFaria
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 21:41
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: AHW Revamp

Postby FortressDoor » 27 Jan 2014, 02:45

GrexofFaria wrote:
ferdy0 wrote:gauls =/= gallic exactly


Gallic=/=Hispania exactly ;) No where does it say that Gallic refers to anything else, but the people of Gaul. Celtic on the other hand refers to the people of Gaul, Britannia, Most of Spain, Parts of Northern Italy, Central/Southern Germany, and some parts of Eastern Europe.

Gallic refers to Gaul but for future reference if you talking about the Gauls, just say Gauls, don't use Gallic :p. Technically the Lusitani are Indo-European or pre-celtic :p


Weren't the Gauls and the Celts the same people? I know Gaul is typically used for the area in France, but they were the same, basically, as the Celts, weren't they?
GM of Ancients of the World. PM to sign up!
viewforum.php?f=518
User avatar
FortressDoor
 
Posts: 5733
Joined: 28 May 2012, 23:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Ancient History of the World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest