Migraine FG Rules

8-player variant on a totally symmetrical and abstract map devised by Stephen D. Koehler; Introduced and GMd by asudevil. 2 player draw Blackfish (Beta) and WarSmith (Sigma)

Migraine FG Rules

Postby asudevil » 01 Feb 2013, 02:17

Here are my official house rules

We are running a 3/1/1 game. I will go with speed deadlines though, so if you all get me orders in early for any season I will process at that point. Please especially try to do this with build/retreats when there are only 1 or 2 of you with orders due.

This game will start 1900W build phase. Winter 1900 will be a 4 day season. Then we will have a 4 day 1901S season. After that we will continue with the standard 3/1/1

Please title all messages to me Migraine "Your Country" "season (starting 1900W)" so they go into the right folder. If you want to PM me something else, still title it Migraine, but then include question/comment into the title, so I can quickly look at who I am missing orders from.

I generally am able to send out a reminder email with 24 hours to go to people still missing orders. I frequently can get another one out with somewhere 6-10 hours to go. I hope I dont bother you with these messages, but in the games I have GM'd I have minimal NMR's. I figure I would rather bug you often than have you miss a deadline. Also, if you send in provisional orders early, I will never have to send you out the reminder emails. If you have sent provisional orders in, I will NOT message you a warning.

I will also run speed deadlines for any other season where all orders are in early. If you do not want me to use yours as speed deadlines, put "Provisional" in the message, so I know that. I will treat all build/retreats as finalized unless you specifically say that they are not. You can change your orders any time up until I post results. Sometimes I will be a little late in adjudication (I work and have a wife/kid), so you can even change/place orders after the deadline as long as I have not posted results. I also reserve the right to post results up to an hour early if I am about to head to work or bed, so they get posted. Keep that in mind even if you are doing provisional orders.

If you NMR for the first season I will remove you (If you cant make a 4 day turn, you wont make any)

I dont like NMR's. If you NMR two orders in a row, you are out. If you NMR three times you are out. Builds/retreats will count as a .5 NMR. I reserve the right to kick you early if it seems you have abandoned the site without warning even if you haven't officially hit my "limits" on NMR's

Please dont NMR, if you need out, let me know so I can try to find a sub.

I only have 1 sub, but I will try to get some as we start this game, so if you are going to bail, let me know before you NMR, I will try to get more subs, so that I wont slow up the game in case someone does quit.

There are 38 SC's so you win when you have 20 SC's, or a draw, or a concession to a victor.

Also, all draws must be made either on the most recent thread, or PM'd to me. They can not be proposed until after the 5th build season. They do not have to include all survivors, but they must be accepted unanimously.

Any questions feel free to ask.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Migraine FG Rules

Postby asudevil » 01 Feb 2013, 02:25

http://variantbank.org/results/rules/m/migraine.htm

Here is a link to the full rules from variant bank.

They are all in effect, but they changed from when I originally looked at this map and got WAY weird.

Crossing arrows allow movement for fleets or armies and has NO affect on the sea zones they cross.

Cantaria/Chimura are in BOTH diagonals...the same space. They have coasts but the coasts cross, so be careful how it looks. If a piece is in one of those space, I will place it in THE NORTHERN space, just to stay consistent across the game.

Nortia/Surtia are adjacent. Easton/Weston are adjacent.

West Mystic/East Mystic are adjacent. West Royal/East Royal are adjacent. North Majestic/South Majestic are adjacent. North Turgid/South Turgid are adjacent.

THOSE ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO AROUND THE MAP...

East Mystic is NOT ADJACENT to West Royal...I don't care how it looks...you have to "cris-cross" around the edges

Use the first three letters of any space, and it will be unique. Also, the place start with the letter of the region they are in...so that should help you find where stuff is. Stuff that is between 2 areas generally has both letters in it.

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby mr bump » 12 Feb 2013, 19:50

Original rules;
There is no adjacency across four-way corners.

I'm assuming this is the opposite to the sea areas in Ancient med.

So as an example, a fleet in Figdia cannot move or support into Zwik Sea
mr bump

Veni, vidi, percussit.
mr bump

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (873)
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 13 Feb 2013, 03:09

mr bump wrote:Original rules;
There is no adjacency across four-way corners.

I'm assuming this is the opposite to the sea areas in Ancient med.

So as an example, a fleet in Figdia cannot move or support into Zwik Sea

Agreed.

asudevil
Premium Member

Return to Migraine {Starting Map Visible}