AAR: Aspirations in the Clouds

Discussion of finished games.

Re: AAR: Aspirations in the Clouds

Postby kimpossible » 20 Nov 2018, 23:39

Just saw the erstwhile EFI are all signed up together again. Hopefully nobody bears grudges. ;)

And it's anonymous countries anyway.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby hedge trimmer » 21 Nov 2018, 00:11

kimpossible wrote:I'll have time for an AAR write up the next few days. But as far as how it ended... Basically France bought into actually believing E/R would help her. Turkey laid out why this wouldn't work, and suggested going back to the FIT plan. But figuring she'd pretty much trashed that assurance, she settled.

There was a lot of things you could've done. I don't think you were in any danger of getting immediately overpowered, so fixing FIT wouldn't have been too hard to accomplish. If you were serious about soloing you probably would've had to convince either Turkey or me to stab the other. I'm not really sure how, but I've seen weirder things happening.

Sometimes you play against bad players, such as me, who have managed to anger half the board and you can use it to your advantage, but overall you need a pretty solid plan to get to 18, as once you attempt it everyone should ally against you.

kimpossible wrote:Just saw the erstwhile EFI are all signed up together again. Hopefully nobody bears grudges. ;)

I know I said that I was going to take a break from Diplomacy... but I've been a lot less busy lately compared to a week or two ago, so I guess one more game won't hurt.

I don't think anyone bears grudges because of this game though, or at least I hope they don't. I've been complaining a lot, but remember that AARs are supposed to be kind of cathartic. The funniest thing to me here was that you didn't even do anything besides post in the public press that you were going to attempt to solo, which is rather weak as far as stabs go. :lol:
Silent and deadly Loud and annoying
hedge trimmer

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1353
All-game rating: 1376
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby kimpossible » 21 Nov 2018, 00:25

I built F Mar, figured that was basically a declaration of war.

I'm still not always so good at this game you know. :)
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby beadsman » 21 Nov 2018, 15:46

kimpossible wrote:Just saw the erstwhile EFI are all signed up together again. Hopefully nobody bears grudges. ;)

I'm hoping I remember how to actually play without doing something stupid (like revealing E/F/I) thanks to my involvement in this beautiful game. I feel like it was a solid reminder of what not to do/how to actually play.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby hedge trimmer » 22 Nov 2018, 21:10

kimpossible wrote:I built F Mar, figured that was basically a declaration of war.

I'm still not always so good at this game you know. :)

You managed to convince England to move back after stabbing you, I think you're good enough to take back a declaration of war or two. ;)
Silent and deadly Loud and annoying
hedge trimmer

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1353
All-game rating: 1376
Timezone: GMT+2

Previous

Return to After Action Reports (AARs)