ENGLAND - Mitchell285t/senorziegler
FRANCE - Chiefmoore
ITALY - Marbakka
GERMANY - RedSun
AUSTRIA - mazechamp/Luchanenburg/ntmurphy
TURKEY - youngweezy (SOLO WIN)
RUSSIA - mattyboy

1901:
As soon as the game started, I got a message from Germany telling me he would help me against Russia and Austria if I needed it. I used that to my advantage when I asked Russia for an alliance. I told Russia that Germany was planning to attack him with help from me, Austria, and England, and that if we worked together we would stop them. He gladly accepted the alliance and we DMZ'd the Black Sea so I could get my fleet out to the Aegean Sea in time to stop the Lepanto that I was expecting from Italy. The bounce in Galicia and England moving to the Barents Sea instead of taking Norway helped corroborate my story to Russia. Unfortunately, Russia NMR'd in the fall of 1901 which gave Austria a very strong position. Here's how the map looked after the first year: Image

1902:
I reached out to France because I saw him move the fleet to Spain(SC). He was happy to move against Italy. Things looked pretty bad for me in the spring of 1902, but at least I got Greece. Also, Russia started a trend of NMRing every so often which was annoying. Image

In the fall of 1902, I asked Italy if he would support Greece to hold. I pointed out that Austria was outpacing him in growth and that it was probably Austria who asked France to move against him to keep him weak. He said he would support me, but that was a lie he would soon regret. Image

At this point, I was just hoping Austria wouldn't retreat. If he did, he could take Constantinople and Sevastopol and possibly be on his way to winning the game. But I got lucky and he didn't retreat. He ended up auto-surrendering, and that was the end of Austria.

1903:
France and I make an alliance to move against Italy. As France gains the upper hand, Italy messaged me and told me he knew I would be getting my revenge on him. All he asked was that I let him give some "death blows" to France. I agreed since I did not want France to control the Mediterranean. Russia and I continued taking the former Austrian centers. Image

1904:
Germany and I began a campaign against Russia. It was sooner than what I would've preferred, but I decided to turn on Russia due to his lack of communication and constant NMRs. Here's how things looked at the end of 1904:

1905:
Senorziegler joins as England and proposes an alliance between us. I agree to it, but had to work unnecessarily hard to extract any information out of him. He told me Germany was planning a triple alliance against me and Russia, so we decided to stop him. England stabs Germany since he was wide open, and he tells me Germany is crowing about how he will destroy England. Little does Germany know, I'm in on England's plan.
Germany was supposed to get my support into Vienna and Rumania. Instead, he lost a unit and England doubled in size.

1906:
I got the feeling that England thought he could just walk into the game and control the board. I wanted to surprise everyone and bring back the juggernaut. I explained to Russia that the rest of the board was allied against us and asked to re-establish our alliance. He agreed. However, he did not respond to my message about moves we should make, so that's when I decided to go at it alone. No surprise that Russia NMR'd again. The end of 1906 looked like this: Image

1907:
England told me that he and Germany would work together to ensure I do not solo, but that I shouldn't worry because they would include me in a 3 way draw. From that point on, I no longer communicated with anyone. There was England trying to control the game again. I wasn't going to let it happen. Russia and Italy ended up surrendering this year. Image

1908:
England told me that I have no choice but to accept a 4 way draw. I told him to eliminate France and then maybe we could have a draw. But, he proposed a 2 way draw right after that. He asked for Moscow and Tunis, and I agreed but didn't follow through. Image

1909-1914:
The game stayed stalemated with England and I exchanging illegal orders to each other's centers. I rejected every draw proposal that they made because it was not in my best interest to accept them.Image

1915:
England NMR'd and I won!Image

PLAYER COMMENTS/QUESTIONS:

I can't say anything about Mitchell285t or any of the Austrian players because I did not communicate with them, but I will say that mazechamp probably would've won had he not NMR'd.

senorziegler - You were probably the best diplomat in the game. You re-established England's presence and never had to deal with any serious attacks because all your neighbors were friendly with you and your only real enemy was on the other side of the board. I was glad to share information with you, though you probably forwarded most of that stuff to other players. I will say your Trump memes in the public press were rather annoying though. You were hell-bent on stalemating me, and I'm so happy you NMR'd at the end. I told you you'd quit before I did.

Chiefmoore - Thanks for attacking Italy! Too bad we lost communication later on. You even tried to support England into Tunis >:| Anyway, thanks for rooting for me at the end and I hope we meet again in future games.

Marbakka - I know you didn't trust me, but I will say that not trusting me was a mistake on your part. You were not willing to communicate with me, so I had to eliminate you.

RedSun - Who were you allied with in the west in the beginning? It looked like you were allied with France, then it looked like France started to work with England against you. Also, no non-aggression pact with Austria? Sorry about the stab, but England told me you were plotting against me and forwarded me messages about it. Not sure if they were real though. If so, how exactly did you think Italy would be able to attack me? You and England put up a good stalemate at the end, but unfortunately your ally seemed to have given up. He really did message me during the stalemate years and suggested we go for a 2 way and eliminate you. I'm looking forward to your AAR because you also had a pretty interesting game.

mattyboy - You were a great ally, but you NMR'd too much! I would try to coordinate some moves, and you wouldn't respond to me. I wasn't going to wait and wonder if you would stab me or not.

Anyway, that's my story. A big thank you to RedSun and Chiefmoore for not surrendering.
youngweezy

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1503)
All-game rating: (1735)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: AAR 132318. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift

Postby RedSun » 27 Jul 2017, 02:07

So I'm not going to look at my messages but rather give an outline of what I was doing at the time based on my moves.

I unlike Turkey did not lie and make up fake alliances to push my agenda. I rather instead just reached out to everyone to see if they were interested in an alliance. I also proposed a central alliance which was key to my entire plan. Italy and Germany versus France. Germany and Austria versus Russia. Austria and Italy versus Turkey. This was my original plan. One which did not follow through thanks to *cough* Austria *cough*. I tried to ally with England which was my first mistake. Throughout the entire game every time I coordinated something with England he would say yes but he never followed through. Therefore I made an enemy of France without gaining anything early on because I planned on working with England against both Russia and France before taking him out. Austria becomes the strongest in our alliance then NMRs and I keep trusting England in the East (he still didn't follow through anything) and taking out France by myself. I promised Italy Iberia but he never took it out leaving France in the south. My whole plan was edging on the fact that England was super slow and I didn't think he'd launch an invasion. Then of course a New England fills his shoes and he immediately attacks me. I knew he would because he wouldn't agree to my DMZ's but I had to hope because my troops were spread out and then Turkey doesn't follow through. That turn you eliminated Austria I grew suspicious because you didn't disclose orders first and I told the rest to be wary of you. After you and England worked against me I knew I was screwed and had no chance of a solo. I got desperate and England took full advantage of me but we successfully secured the stalemate line with him reaping essentially all the benefits. We held the stalemate line for a while but then England NMR'd and caused us to loose. Senorziegler I am seriously mad at you. I was about to force a draw through an admin! Considering we held the stalemate 5 years or so! :evil: So Turkey wins. Also England never would've got a two way because I'd have yielded to you just to spite him. (I wasn't his friend as you suggested I just didn't want you to win. Which you did anyway) Well good game Senorziegler was an excellent player (Except that he NMRd) and youngweezy was pretty good as well. My shortcomings were England and you actually because if even one of you worked with me I'd have been in a much better situation. Should've worked with Russia :(

Well I'm sorry this isn't cleaned up or polished because I had a short time to work on this. If there are any questions or details wanted to clear up I'd gladly continue discussion. Hopefully next game we work together but you actually come through on the orders we discuss :x

Good Game
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby RedSun » 27 Jul 2017, 02:37

Who were you allied with in the west in the beginning? It looked like you were allied with France, then it looked like France started to work with England against you. Also, no non-aggression pact with Austria? Sorry about the stab, but England told me you were plotting against me and forwarded me messages about it. Not sure if they were real though. If so, how exactly did you think Italy would be able to attack me? You and England put up a good stalemate at the end, but unfortunately your ally seemed to have given up. He really did message me during the stalemate years and suggested we go for a 2 way and eliminate you. I'm looking forward to your AAR because you also had a pretty interesting game.

Questions asked and here are some answers
Who were you allied with in the beginning?
I wanted to work with England but they never follow through on anything and as such I made an enemy of France.
No non-aggression pact with Austria?
I was allied with him but he NMR'd. My move into Vienna the new Austria actually asked me to do to block Russia. I knew Russia wasn't going there so free center :)
Not sure if they were real though. If so, how exactly did you think Italy would be able to attack me?
They weren't totally incorrect but my messages were mostly defensive and just keeping up the idea of invasion to invigorate Italy. Show me the messages he forwarded and I'll see if they were legit. I was playing both sides. I'd let England know of our communications so when we worked together against Russia he wouldn't ask questions. Italy I just wanted to stall you. Basically my 'group' against you was just trying to keep them off my back. It didn't work in the end obviously. I would've followed through on our deals in the East though against Russia after that probably would take out England so I wouldn't have a back door.
Suggesting going for a two way by England.
I might've gone for a two way with you (which you didn't need thanks to and NMR :evil: ) if you'd followed through against Russia. If England stabbed me I would've just handed the game to you because I knew I couldn't beat England and so I'd rather you win then both of you win.
Groups:
RedSun

Postby youngweezy » 27 Jul 2017, 07:17

Here's his message about your triple alliance:

=======From ENGLAND Spring 1905 Orders =======

I plan to support N Sea to Norway. Germany - please cut Sweden support from Den.

The two of you seem to have a plan to split & take the remainder of France. Great. My two cents is: beware a convoy to Apulia / attack on Venice.

NewEngland

=======From ITALY Fall 1904 Retreat =======
France is done and I'll be building fleets to try to keep the Turks out.

=======From ENGLAND Fall 1904 Retreat =======

Germany suggests a Tri-Liance.

If that is so, Italy - I'm open to making it work.

Russia will be easily handled from the North. France is all but dead.

The most immediate threat is Turkey.

He is in position to take Venice in the spring and advance his fleets!

Let me know if the two of you desire a TriLiance

NewEngland

New England was playing both sides too. Right before he sent that to me, he suggested I convoy to Apulia and attack Venice. Again, the stab was only because I got this message from England. If it was true, I would have been supporting you into a position where you and Italy could have started attacking me. I'll follow through next time! I only helped England because I didn't think he'd get you to work with him after he took 3 centers from you. What was in this treaty you two made to stop me?

Also, did you really think a mod would end the game? They only do that if someone is unreasonably rejecting draws.
youngweezy

Postby youngweezy » 27 Jul 2017, 07:27

RedSun wrote:That turn you eliminated Austria I grew suspicious because you didn't disclose orders first and I told the rest to be wary of you.

Why was that a suspicious move? I wanted to finish off the new Austria before they could start helping Italy against me.
youngweezy

Postby Sbrubbles » 27 Jul 2017, 13:57

Germany and England had a stalemate established and no reason to stab one another. One of them should have called in a moderator to enforce the draw, this fits every condition for a deadlocked game.
Sbrubbles

Standard rating: (1514)
All-game rating: (1515)
Timezone: GMT-3

Postby RedSun » 27 Jul 2017, 14:59

It wasn't the move itself. It was the fact that you'd said you were going for Budapest instead and didn't disclose it with me. It wasn't as though it was completely evident that you were going to do what you did it just gave me an uneasy feeling.
Groups:
RedSun

Postby RedSun » 27 Jul 2017, 15:05

I notice none of the forwarded messages involved me speaking. It was just England talking about me speaking. Did you have any of me speaking? Our treaty was not beneficial to me at all. It basically reinstated my previous regions and was a bunch of DMZs to protect me. It's just after you stabbed me I knew you were the only player who could get a solo at that point and I was desperate for an ally since Italy was providing nothing essentially. So I just locked down and hoped to get a part of the draw. England cost me a chance to go one on one with you and a draw with you…
Groups:
RedSun

Postby youngweezy » 27 Jul 2017, 19:52

Sbrubbles wrote:Germany and England had a stalemate established and no reason to stab one another. One of them should have called in a moderator to enforce the draw, this fits every condition for a deadlocked game.

You're supposed to play to get the best possible result, and a 3 way draw was not the best possible result.
youngweezy

Postby youngweezy » 27 Jul 2017, 20:18

RedSun wrote:I notice none of the forwarded messages involved me speaking. It was just England talking about me speaking. Did you have any of me speaking? Our treaty was not beneficial to me at all. It basically reinstated my previous regions and was a bunch of DMZs to protect me. It's just after you stabbed me I knew you were the only player who could get a solo at that point and I was desperate for an ally since Italy was providing nothing essentially. So I just locked down and hoped to get a part of the draw. England cost me a chance to go one on one with you and a draw with you…

No, he never included you speaking which was why I thought they might be fake. I would've agreed to a 2 way draw with you, but the fact that New England thought he could walk into the game and start calling the shots kind of irritated me, so I tried to go for a solo. Also, the first draw he proposed included France, which was not part of the "deal." Quotes because I never actually agreed to it, England just said I had no choice but to accept it. Going back to before he joined, I will say I thought you were the one who would go for the solo if I continued to support you into Russia's centers.
youngweezy

Next

Return to After Action Reports (AARs)