Versailles Game

Advertise new games, look for games to join, find subs or replacements. This subforum is reserved for games on www.playdiplomacy.com.
Please use Offsite Game Recruitment for games unaffiliated with either PlayDiplomacy or the PlayDiplomacy forums.

Moderator: NoPunIn10Did

Forum rules
To join a game listed here (unless it needs a password) just go to "Join Games" and input the information.
If you are advertising any game with Anonymous Players (including Gunboat and PPO) you should use the Dolph Shtoss account using the password anonymous. DO NOT CHANGE THIS PASSWORD.
When advertising for replacement players please make it clear whether permanent replacement or temporary substitute
- adverts should not tell a substitute what actions you want them to take (posts will be subject to editing);
- adverts MUST NOT offer an incentive to join the game (eg. a specific alliance) OR suggest certain actions when joining a game (posts will be subject to editing or removal and posters warned).
These are considered meta-gaming by using the Forum to influence a game.

Versailles Game

Postby sparrow4541 » 10 Jun 2014, 15:08

Hey there,

apologies if this post is in the wrong place but I'm struggling to find the correct place for it. I also can't find anything in the rules about the way that Versailles games are played. It's possible that I'm looking in the wrong place so a link to the rules for them would be good. Otherwise I have a couple of questions.

1. How many SC's does one need to solo?
2. Do you combine the SC count of major and minor nations if they are controlled by the same player?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this information is easy to find.
sparrow4541

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1014
All-game rating: 1089
Timezone: GMT

Re: Versailles Game

Postby Darkshade » 10 Jun 2014, 16:04

Here's a link to the forum page where the Versailles rules are up:
viewtopic.php?f=566&t=41927

I think the Versailles rules need to be added to rules page with the others but I'm sure that's being dealt with.

With regard to your two questions:

1) You require 22 centers to gain a solo.
2) When you count your centers, you sum the number of centers owned by your major power and your minor power together.
So for example, I have Germany and Egypt. Germany has 5 centers and Egypt has 12. My total is 17.

There are 43 centers on the map.
Darkshade

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1688)
All-game rating: (1683)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Find A Game