The Haven AAR

Fog of War game. GM: UpQuark. Result amended to "No result"

Re: The Haven AAR

Postby Pharaoh of nerds » 13 Jul 2013, 00:15

AardvarkArmy wrote:I'm liking this idea! Kinda fits with us all being different species - one could imagine that Centaurs don't know how to communicate with Faeries or Undead or whatever. We just encounter enemies along our way. Following the same logic - perhaps we don't know the special powers of opponents we meet until the first time those powers are used against us! OMG! IT would be TERRIFYING forging into the fog with no idea what we might encounter. Aaaaaaawesome!

It'd be even cooler if you didn't know the map, 1492-style.
GM Evil vs Evil vs Evil vs 'MURIKA
Creator + Britain 1930s World
Creator 1700, 1933, 1914 World
Japan in Zeus
Britain in 1900: Stars and Stripes
Messinia in Pericles
Franci in Imperium
Evil England in Root Z
Yellow in City-States and Zombies
Pharaoh of nerds

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AardvarkArmy » 13 Jul 2013, 01:07

Pharaoh of nerds wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:I'm liking this idea! Kinda fits with us all being different species - one could imagine that Centaurs don't know how to communicate with Faeries or Undead or whatever. We just encounter enemies along our way. Following the same logic - perhaps we don't know the special powers of opponents we meet until the first time those powers are used against us! OMG! IT would be TERRIFYING forging into the fog with no idea what we might encounter. Aaaaaaawesome!

It'd be even cooler if you didn't know the map, 1492-style.

agreed!
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1057
All-game rating: 1270
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Mouse » 13 Jul 2013, 01:53

Got a better idea... use the same map, do it FoW Gunboat, random races, and random positions! So you could draw the gnomes with the position where the rogues currently are located. You truly wouldn't know where anyone was located or what you would encounter. The only race that might have to start in their original positions would be the Nomads. The Nomads with build anywhere starting off as a group would probably be too powerful. Besides, they have four units.
Rape, Pillage, and Cheese!
Mouse
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 937
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Flatley » 24 Jul 2013, 20:38

Well, that answers the question on why I died so quickly: my neighbors wanted me dead. Kinda hard to counter that logic, isn't it?
The enemy's gate is down.

Don't go thinkin' you so bad jes cuz you was in SOLDIER.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.
Flatley

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Previous

Return to Game 2