Public Press

Fog of War game. GM: UpQuark. Result amended to "No result"

Public Press

Postby Shibabalo » 10 Jan 2013, 23:39

The purpose of this thread is to allow races to communicate to the group as a whole without spamming everyone's inboxes. Even zombies don't like getting their inbox spammed.

Excerpt from the Diary of Zombie King Shibabalo, Fall 01
Negotiations went fairly well, I suppose. My hordes are moving into a position to take a neutral territory full of animals with nice, juicy brains this turn. But I don't know how long animals will satisfy the hordes. Soon, I will have to attack another intelligent species. Now which one...
The Magicians violated an ancient agreement this turn by moving to WSS. I believe the best course of action may be to smash and eat the stupid magic.
SOLO- Baltic, Double Diplomacy
Draw- Layered, Dip Lite, 1700, Zeus, Simple, 1900 S&S
Loss- Some games

Classicist, Whippersnapper, Swag Bagel
Shibabalo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (950)
All-game rating: (1222)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Public Press

Postby AardvarkArmy » 10 Jan 2013, 23:53

The clippity clop of hooves rustles crisply through the underbrush,
a soothing, staccato cadence echoing softly across the forest.
The man-beast is on the move... but what is the destination?
From far in the twilight sky, soft hoots of an unseen predator;
The prey below unaware that it is seen and is already dead.
The hooves stop for a moment - the message has been recieved!
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1049
All-game rating: 1224
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Morg » 12 Jan 2013, 21:31

Tag.

You're it. ^^^^^^
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
Morg

Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)

Postby AardvarkArmy » 20 Jan 2013, 08:37

OMG! I now have over 300 messages in my Haven folder, and we've just started the second year. Holy Crap.
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby joelsdaman1 » 30 Jan 2013, 19:54

Announcement:

The Centaurs and Rogues are allied. They attempted to attack me, but have failed.

Rogues have an army in PYG (dressed as a Troll), Centaurs have a fleet in BOG. If anyone else has info on them, please share it.

Also, Centaurs have spread much negative propaganda about me - all nations please ignore it. I am a faithful ally to those who are faithful to me. It would be pointed out that the Centaurs tried to stab me, not the other way around.

Who's with me on destroying them?
How is an atomic wedgie different from a regular wedgie?

Let's find out.
joelsdaman1

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (796)
All-game rating: (795)

Postby AardvarkArmy » 30 Jan 2013, 21:37

joelsdaman1 wrote: Also, Centaurs have spread much negative propaganda about me - all nations please ignore it. I am a faithful ally to those who are faithful to me. It would be pointed out that the Centaurs tried to stab me, not the other way around.

LOL! Centaurs have spread NO propoganda about Trolls whatsoever... and all of his neighbors (really the only ones who matter in this) know that to be true. Pirates? Magicians? Undead? Gnomes? Rogues? Can anyone recall any "negative propaganda" that Centaurs have spread re Trolls?

Hmmm...

Remember when I said that a Troll Armada was sailing west to pillage the Pirates? Oh, wait, no, I never said that...

Remember when I said that Trolls were planning to pass through Magician territory just so they could attack the Undead? Oh, wait, I didn't say that either...

Remember when I said Trolls and Rogues had a secret alliance and were planning to attack the Gnomes? Oh, another one that never happened...

Fact is, I've never made ANY assertion to ANY other player regarding Trolls intentions or direction.

Yeah, I guess that's what he means by "much negative propoganda"

Any loss of credibility that Trolls have suffered has been the result of a self-inflicted wound - he handles confidential communications like a drunk parrot with tourette's in a Marriage Counselor's office! LOL!

As Shakespeare put it: "Me thinks the Troll doth protest too much!"

Magicians - do you have anything to add regarding Troll's "faithfulness" ?
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby cs » 31 Jan 2013, 01:16

AardvarkArmy wrote:LOL! Centaurs have spread NO propoganda about Trolls whatsoever... and all of his neighbors (really the only ones who matter in this) know that to be true. Pirates? Magicians? Undead? Gnomes? Rogues? Can anyone recall any "negative propaganda" that Centaurs have spread re Trolls?

You told me Trolls have bad breath, their fathers were Barbarians, and their mothers were Ogres.
cs

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby AardvarkArmy » 31 Jan 2013, 01:22

cs wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:LOL! Centaurs have spread NO propoganda about Trolls whatsoever... and all of his neighbors (really the only ones who matter in this) know that to be true. Pirates? Magicians? Undead? Gnomes? Rogues? Can anyone recall any "negative propaganda" that Centaurs have spread re Trolls?

You told me Trolls have bad breath, their fathers were Barbarians, and their mothers were Ogres.

But if it's the truth, it doesn't really count as "propaganda" does it?
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby joelsdaman1 » 31 Jan 2013, 01:24

Dammit that Shakespeare quote made me laugh, so now I can't be mad.

Touche.
How is an atomic wedgie different from a regular wedgie?

Let's find out.
joelsdaman1

Standard rating: (796)
All-game rating: (795)

Postby BigBert » 31 Jan 2013, 08:35

Hi all,

If you feel annoyed as I haven't answered your message(s): I'm in the middle of the process of moving abroad. I'm leaving my room tomorrow and I extremely busy with packing up everything and arranging all sorts of last-minute things. I won't NMR but I won't be able to answer any diplomatic messages until saturday I'm afraid. Sorry, things will get much better once I'm at my new place next week.

Gnomes
BigBert

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1539)
All-game rating: (1637)
Timezone: GMT+1

Next

Return to Game 2