The Haven, current phase: F12R/W12

Fog of War game. GM: UpQuark. Result amended to "No result"

Re: The Haven, current phase: F12R/W12

Postby AardvarkArmy » 30 Jun 2013, 23:21

GhostEcho wrote: I will then - assuming UpQuark is active - double-check with him, after which we collectively can establish a Canon Status of Game, from which several possibilities exist:

Continue play from the given position
    Agree a draw
    Declare a DIAS
    Declare an unresolvable situation and formally abandon the game with no conclusion

Of those options, with my current state of information, I suspect the third is the most reasonable.

Only options 1 or 2 would be in any measure acceptable; options 3 or 4 would be a travesty for a game that has involved so much effort by so many
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1057
All-game rating: 1234
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Diadem » 01 Jul 2013, 00:12

AardvarkArmy wrote:
GhostEcho wrote: I will then - assuming UpQuark is active - double-check with him, after which we collectively can establish a Canon Status of Game, from which several possibilities exist:

Continue play from the given position
    Agree a draw
    Declare a DIAS
    Declare an unresolvable situation and formally abandon the game with no conclusion

Of those options, with my current state of information, I suspect the third is the most reasonable.

Only options 1 or 3 would be in any measure acceptable; options 2 or 4 would be a travesty for a game that has involved so much effort by so many

Fixed that for you.

But I'm pretty sure Upquark is still around. Let's wait to hear from him.
Draw in Diplomacy Stew 2, playing Italy
Winner Four Seasons, playing England
Draw in Layered, playing Yellow (Russia + Turkey)
Winner Shuffle, playing Turkey
Winner Vain Rats 4, playing France

... but first you must learn how to smile as you kill.
Diadem

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1001)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby GhostEcho » 01 Jul 2013, 00:52

I just received a PM from UpQuark laying out his situation with a game summary included. So he should, I'm assuming, have something conclusive to say shortly.
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
GhostEcho

Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 982
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to Game 2