The Haven, current phase: F12R/W12

Fog of War game. GM: UpQuark. Result amended to "No result"

Re: The Haven, current phase: F02

Postby BigBert » 27 Jan 2013, 14:15

AardvarkArmy wrote:somebody call the bailbondsman.... :shock:

That's just 8 hours after the deadline A.A. :?

BigBert

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1539)
All-game rating: (1637)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby AardvarkArmy » 27 Jan 2013, 19:01

I happened to be aware that he had not retrieved messages sent before deadline, so I was hoping his international consulting work hadn't taken him to the wrong village in, say, Algeria or Mali!
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1057
All-game rating: 1270
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby jayahr » 28 Jan 2013, 06:23

UpQuark wrote:A case of planes, trains, and automobiles on my trip through Europe - no arrest or Parisian beauties at fault.

I'll get back on track when I get home tonight (in London now).

It started with strikes by the German version of TSA in Dusseldorf then a train breakdown as I was trying to escape to Frankfurt and catching up on my work Saturday in Sweden...

UpQuark

When you make up stories, it's best if you keep them simple. ;)

Seriously though, I feel for you, having been a management consultant for 20 years. We all appreciate the huge amount of work you are putting into this game, and I'm sure we are all waiting patiently. Well, mostly. Or not. But grateful just the same.
... I'm all outa gum.
jayahr

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1052)
All-game rating: (1608)

Postby UpQuark » 28 Jan 2013, 15:51

Unfortunately, all that did happen, and it really put a damper on my ability to do much - and this game requires a few hours of real dedicated time to put out - and it would have been worse with only a single laptop screen instead of multiple monitors... You can look up the strike Thursday and Friday in the news. A TV crew even tried to interview me, though they gave up when they realized I did not speak German...

I will publish tonight after work, and be back on track.

Thanks to everyone who has been patient - all of 1 day or so... 2 by the time I publish.
practically massless elementary particle
UpQuark

Standard rating: (986)
All-game rating: (898)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby cyanide martini » 29 Jan 2013, 01:24

UpQuark wrote:You can look up the strike Thursday and Friday in the news. A TV crew even tried to interview me, though they gave up when they realized I did not speak German...

Schade, dass Du mir nicht geschrieben hast ;)

cyanide martini
Care for a drink?

Խչպⵓⵇⵚⵟ ⵀⴷշվፍሉ ሪႿփ ጆናጣንႥ՞ჱჵ。
cyanide martini

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (913)
All-game rating: (1162)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: The Haven, current phase: F12R/W12

Postby AardvarkArmy » 28 Jun 2013, 23:36

Is this game in limbo?
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby Diadem » 29 Jun 2013, 01:02

Not sure. I objected to the previous adjudication and haven't heard anything since. Haven't sent in orders either.

It's somewhat unfair to Upquark, who has been putting a lot of time into this game, but I kind of lost interest after seeimg last year's result. I know Upquark is only human, and I don't really blame him, but it's just one adjudication error too many.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about: This is the second time this game (that I know of) that I lost a hugely important centre because of enemy units that weren't on my map but should have been.

I guess the lesson here is to not play these sort of games without a 2ic.

Maybe upquark will return. And I guess I'll send in orders if he does. But my motivation is gone. Shame. The variant is great.
Draw in Diplomacy Stew 2, playing Italy
Winner Four Seasons, playing England
Draw in Layered, playing Yellow (Russia + Turkey)
Winner Shuffle, playing Turkey
Winner Vain Rats 4, playing France

... but first you must learn how to smile as you kill.
Diadem

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1001)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby AardvarkArmy » 29 Jun 2013, 02:40

Hmmmm.... An apparent NMR out... and a very different twist.

But, one way or the other, I think it's time for this game to end...
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby GhostEcho » 29 Jun 2013, 04:30

Diadem wrote:Not sure. I objected to the previous adjudication and haven't heard anything since. Haven't sent in orders either....

I guess the lesson here is to not play these sort of games without a 2ic.

I was one of the people who volunteered to help keep an eye on this game. If I'd realized there was an adjudication issue, I would have taken a look through... maybe. I don't have access to any maps or data after Winter 6; I'm not sure why.

I can't find any previous complaints made public, though?
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
GhostEcho

Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 970
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AardvarkArmy » 29 Jun 2013, 05:17

I would have to say that the complete lack of any prior public notice of this issue is a key concern. Upquark seems to be both very competent and very fair. If I felt I had lost a key unit or territory due to GM error, and it wasn't fixed in a timely manner, I would publicly posted a request to stop the clock until it was resolved
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game 2