Variant Proposal: Artillery

Strategy discussions for the 1900 variant.
Forum rules
trategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not seek advice about an active game they are in.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

Variant Proposal: Artillery

Postby neeman » 27 Jul 2018, 02:12

Variant Proposal: With two builds, you can build an artillery unit, which can enter a province and overlay another army unit. It will have .5 health and attack/defense value, and thus be very vulnerable when alone, but its value will be 1.5 when combined with an army unit. The dynamic, I think, would see no artillery at the beginning of the game, as it's not quite worth it until lines develop, but at a certain point a bit of an arms race may begin on certain lines. The price is steep, so it requires a meaningful strategic choice. I love 1900's flavor already, and I think this could add the feel of the war mechanics developing as time goes on.
neeman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to 1900 Strategy