End of the Final War

Moderators: ferdy0, GuitarMan

End of the Final War

Postby Subotai45 » 23 Dec 2014, 01:29

A new balance of power is struck at the end of the so-called Final War. The Allies managed to establish supremacy in Europe, despite early diplomatic setbacks. The Austrian Empire, a once-mighty polity, was divided up between the Rashidun, German, and French empires, cementing their control over Europe and allowing them to cow members of the formerly powerful Pact into submission. Germany would establish superiority over central Europe when it annexed Austria in the Second Franco-German War.

Alliance forces prevailed in Africa as well, evicting the Austrians from their colonies. A stalemate would result on the Mozambique border, preventing the Alliance from dominating the southern portion of Africa. Northern Africa would be annexed into the Rashidun Caliphate after the Great Jihad, in which the Ottoman Empire was annexed by the ascendant Rashidun Caliphate.

In Asia, Japan would emerge triumphant, leading an Asian League that would become quite a powerful force, eliminating the remaining European colonies in the Pacific and Asia. The alliance became to take on the flavor of a confederacy with the admission of India as a member, and this was formalized in the Manila Compact of 1882. The Asian Confederacy continues to be plagued by border disputes with the Rashidun Caliphate in Jammu and Kashmir.

South America remained largely untouched by the war. The SASA, united behind the UKPBA, would become one of the main players in the post-war world order, expanding into the Caribbean and the unaligned South American countries.

At the end of the Final War, clear divisions were set. Asia and Latin America were untouched by the Alliance's victory in Europe, and established powerful blocs of their own. The rising influence of these groups in their disparate regions will surely conflict with the European desire for empire and the Rashidun wish for conversion.

The History of the World is behind us, but who knows what the future may offer?

Thanks, everyone, for playing and sticking through this. I hope you as good a time playing as I did when I was a player.

We'll be gone for the break, and this version is definitely over. I don't know if I'll start another version up. But I will certainly be thinking about it over the break, and if anyone has input that they would like to offer, I'd be happy to hear it.

Happy Holidays.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: End of the Final War

Postby I Love Italy » 23 Dec 2014, 05:04

Thanks for running this Subs! I'm sorry if I wasn't always as attentive a player as you would've wanted, but I enjoyed playing. If you were to start up one of the limited time period, less sandoxish games that you mentioned a while ago, I'd certainly be interested. Happy Holidays to you too!
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby ferdy0 » 23 Dec 2014, 13:22

ok ill get rick to archive the whole thread, then we can pick out the bits we need (prob easier)
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
ferdy0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT

Postby ferdy0 » 23 Dec 2014, 13:23

A BIG thank you to subs for his GM'ing!!!!!!!
GM/FM
HOTW

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
ferdy0

Postby Subotai45 » 23 Dec 2014, 23:05

ferdy0 wrote:ok ill get rick to archive the whole thread, then we can pick out the bits we need (prob easier)

Sounds good. I'll be thinking about it over my winter break.

Right now, I think that trying to simulate individual conflicts or events might be better, like Italian unification or the American Civil War. That way, we keep the number of players needed to a minimum, and the timeframe of 1 month a turn really makes sense.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby ferdy0 » 24 Dec 2014, 01:22

The Mahdi "shoot a single bullet at a fortress" and it went through ;)

OOC: sorry couldn't help it :oops: :oops: :twisted:
GM/FM
HOTW

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
ferdy0

Postby I Love Italy » 24 Dec 2014, 03:46

Subotai45 wrote:
ferdy0 wrote:ok ill get rick to archive the whole thread, then we can pick out the bits we need (prob easier)

Sounds good. I'll be thinking about it over my winter break.

Right now, I think that trying to simulate individual conflicts or events might be better, like Italian unification or the American Civil War. That way, we keep the number of players needed to a minimum, and the timeframe of 1 month a turn really makes sense.

American Civil War would be great. I'd love to take part in that.
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Wars