South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Moderators: GuitarMan, ferdy0

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby dcaibal » 10 Feb 2014, 18:25

"Algarves" is derived from the Arabic "al-Garb al-Andalus," the West of Andalusia. Nowadays, that's just referred to as the southern tip of Portugal, as the Kingdom of Andalusia took up the southern half of Spain.

The multiplicity of the Algraves is one. It is a part of continental Portugal, and it's borders are designated by the rest of Portugal to the north, the border defined by a long-standing treaty with Spain to the east, and the Atlantic Ocean by the south and west.

I think you've all been misidentifying the Azores as the Algarves due to the misnamed multiplicity.
First Karma Contributor: Pez

Ottoman Emperor (Not Sultan)- HOTW
Immortal Advisor to the Royal Family of the Union of the Aresian Empire and the Great Patallian Princedom- CYOC
Marty McFly wrote:Wait Doc -you're telling you made a time machine... out of a DeLorean!?

CmndrMaggs wrote:Well f*ck.
x7
User avatar
dcaibal
 
Posts: 7764
Joined: 13 Apr 2012, 17:35
Location: I'm a frequent-time-traveler. So try and figure out the wibbly...
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (886)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby GeneralShmuel » 10 Feb 2014, 21:08

dcaibal, are you going to come back?
Czar Alexander II of the great empire of Russia in HOTW
"Dangerzone!"
User avatar
GeneralShmuel
 
Posts: 768
Joined: 09 May 2012, 17:55
Location: in "sunny" UK
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (970)
Timezone: GMT

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby dcaibal » 10 Feb 2014, 22:27

Nah, maybe next IRL year, when I'm in my final semester of high school and I can slack off a bit more just before college. I have a junior project, a state essay writing tournament, and some extracurriculars with my successful bid to have student-run "stores" of sorts at my school. My smoothies are damn good...

Now stop spamming poor Blackfish, who should have hopefully been acquainted with such things by now.
First Karma Contributor: Pez

Ottoman Emperor (Not Sultan)- HOTW
Immortal Advisor to the Royal Family of the Union of the Aresian Empire and the Great Patallian Princedom- CYOC
Marty McFly wrote:Wait Doc -you're telling you made a time machine... out of a DeLorean!?

CmndrMaggs wrote:Well f*ck.
x7
User avatar
dcaibal
 
Posts: 7764
Joined: 13 Apr 2012, 17:35
Location: I'm a frequent-time-traveler. So try and figure out the wibbly...
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (886)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2014, 22:54

dcaibal wrote:Nah, maybe next IRL year, when I'm in my final semester of high school and I can slack off a bit more just before college. I have a junior project, a state essay writing tournament, and some extracurriculars with my successful bid to have student-run "stores" of sorts at my school. My smoothies are damn good...

Now stop spamming poor Blackfish, who should have hopefully been acquainted with such things by now.

Dca, you're supposed to slack in every EXCEPT the final year of High School… like, that's literally how school is supposed to work… you don't repeat years if you fail, in America, right, like here?

Oh yeah sure I'm acquainted with all the off topic stuff going into IC threads. ;)
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby Geonosis70 » 10 Feb 2014, 23:04

Nah man, Senior year in HS is where you just coast.
Junior year you take all the hard stuff, and that's when you actually apply and get accepted into college.
PM me for eu4 strats
User avatar
Geonosis70
 
Posts: 2722
Joined: 07 Nov 2012, 23:35
Location: East Coast of the USA
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby dcaibal » 10 Feb 2014, 23:15

Silly Blackfish- the important part is from the beginning of junior year to the first semester of senior year.

Those are typically the most recent grades that will show up on your transcript,
Which will be sent along with your applications that are due before the end of the year prior your entry into college (December 31st of this year, for me)
Along with your SAT and/or ACT scores that you also have to take at least once of before the end of that year

And after that deadline, your fate has been sealed for the year- meaning that second semester is prime-time for "senioritis".
First Karma Contributor: Pez

Ottoman Emperor (Not Sultan)- HOTW
Immortal Advisor to the Royal Family of the Union of the Aresian Empire and the Great Patallian Princedom- CYOC
Marty McFly wrote:Wait Doc -you're telling you made a time machine... out of a DeLorean!?

CmndrMaggs wrote:Well f*ck.
x7
User avatar
dcaibal
 
Posts: 7764
Joined: 13 Apr 2012, 17:35
Location: I'm a frequent-time-traveler. So try and figure out the wibbly...
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (886)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2014, 23:17

giumarello70 wrote:Nah man, Senior year in HS is where you just coast.
Junior year you take all the hard stuff, and that's when you actually apply and get accepted into college.

What? You apply for college before the end of HS? What's the point of even sticking around in High School after that?
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby dcaibal » 10 Feb 2014, 23:21

Gotta finish the class to get the credits to graduate. However, the teachers really don't expect much second semester. so it's pretty smooth sailing.
First Karma Contributor: Pez

Ottoman Emperor (Not Sultan)- HOTW
Immortal Advisor to the Royal Family of the Union of the Aresian Empire and the Great Patallian Princedom- CYOC
Marty McFly wrote:Wait Doc -you're telling you made a time machine... out of a DeLorean!?

CmndrMaggs wrote:Well f*ck.
x7
User avatar
dcaibal
 
Posts: 7764
Joined: 13 Apr 2012, 17:35
Location: I'm a frequent-time-traveler. So try and figure out the wibbly...
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (886)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby Blackfish » 11 Feb 2014, 22:27

dcaibal wrote:Gotta finish the class to get the credits to graduate. However, the teachers really don't expect much second semester. so it's pretty smooth sailing.

Here:

High school starts in year 7. Grade 7. 7th Form. Whatever. You have nothing to do until year 11, where all of a sudden you can fail a year if you consistently f*** up in class. At the end of year 12, you do a big, fat test. Your test mark is combined with your marks from year 12 test and assignment/projects, and then given to the "Board of Studies", one of the most horrible organisations in the country, and they give you back a moderated "High School Certificate Mark" which is then sent off to the "University Admissions Centre" and they do some vodoo number magic and crap out another number (this time a rank) out of 100, with 99.95 being the highest possible rank. Now, you take this number and apply for uni courses whose requirements are under this number. Want to do Law which has a 97 requirement in most unis? Medicine, with mid 90's?

Of course, there's always the option of waiting until you're 25 and then entering uni without requirements as an "older student"...
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby Blackfish » 12 Feb 2014, 13:58

dcaibal wrote:"Algarves" is derived from the Arabic "al-Garb al-Andalus," the West of Andalusia. Nowadays, that's just referred to as the southern tip of Portugal, as the Kingdom of Andalusia took up the southern half of Spain.

The multiplicity of the Algraves is one. It is a part of continental Portugal, and it's borders are designated by the rest of Portugal to the north, the border defined by a long-standing treaty with Spain to the east, and the Atlantic Ocean by the south and west.

I think you've all been misidentifying the Azores as the Algarves due to the misnamed multiplicity.

Here, Algarves represents my holdings in Africa.

Technically my African holdings are part of the kingdom of the Algarves, which is a part of my United Kingdom/Empire. Part of the titles of the Portuguese monarch was "King of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa" but in all honesty, "The United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves is already nearly too big to fit in a thread title. I've even abbreviated "Blackfish" to the shorthand form "Bfish" in the thread title of my country page and it barely scrapes into the character limit!
Image
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron