South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Moderators: GuitarMan, ferdy0

South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby Blackfish » 07 Feb 2014, 06:45

Uruguay, Peru, Bolivia and Venezuela, let a formal allegiance be extended between our nations, as part of a defence initiative between Latin Americans. This South American Security Alliance (SASA) aims to provide a formal alliance between our states. Should one country be attacked by an external power, the nations of SASA will be compelled to provide assistance, monetary or military, to aid the attacked country.

The Alliance shall be run democratically, with actions to be taken by the Alliance to be put to a vote. If 80%, or 4/5 countries vote "Aye" to an action, the action shall be passed and the alliance shall take the aforementioned action (be it economic sanctions, military interventions overseas or foreign aid). Any alliance member can choose to withdraw from an action before the action commences.
The chairman of the Alliance will by myself, King Blackfish of the UKPBA. While his vote only counts as 1, the chairman has the ability to mediate between member countries and solve disputes between members.
The possibility to include more members of South America in the SASA shall be considered shortly.
A lengthier and more detailed charter and constitution shall be drawn up and posted at a later time.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current Member Countries
  • United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves
  • Uruguay
  • Peru
  • Bolivia
  • Venezuela
Um ataque contra um é um ataque contra todos
An attack against one is an attack against all
Last edited by Blackfish on 08 Feb 2014, 06:51, edited 2 times in total.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: South American Security Alliance (SASA)

Postby Blackfish » 07 Feb 2014, 06:45

Constitution

Structure
The Chairman of the SASA will by myself, King Blackfish of the UKPBA. While his vote only counts as 1 in the Council, the Chairman has the ability to mediate between member countries, solve disputes between members and accept, judge members who have behaved inappropriately within the Alliance or reject new applicants. The Chairman holds a tenure of 5 years, after which, the position will be put to a vote among the Council members. Each Council Member must vote for one other leader that is not itself. Council members may not abstain from electing the next Chairman. Chairmen can be re-elected continuously.
More Officer positions may be opened in future

Objective
This South American Security Alliance (SASA) aims to provide a formal alliance between our states. Should one country be attacked by an external power, the nations of SASA will be compelled to provide assistance, monetary or military, to aid the attacked country. The Alliance does not aim to violate state sovereignty and so, will not interfere with individual decisions taken by its members with regards to wars, industry or politics.

Minor skirmishes and civil wars
In the case of a small enemy force attacking an Alliance member, neighboring countries are encouraged to send troops over the border to aid with the attack.
Should a an Alliance member be unable to send troops to aid the attacked country, they must send at least 20 gold's worth in resources or gold bullion. This is to ensure that no country "sits back and watches" as their fellow Alliance members struggle with an enemy force or civil war when there is no need to.
Once a country has been defended, and the threat, eliminated, the attacked country may put a motion to the Council asking for a retaliative attack on the attacking country.

Large scale attacks and invasions
Should a larger enemy force (defined as comprised of 5 units or more, or 3 standard units and a heavy unit (Cuirassier, Grenadier, Large Artillery, Ironclad Ship) attack any member state, it shall be seen as an attack against the Alliance itself, which will not be tolerated. All alliance members have it in their responsibility to send as many troops as needed to rout the enemy forces and secure the invaded country.
Here, a retaliation attack motion automatically enters the Council for debate and passes automatically. Any member state withdrawing military support from the retaliation attack must do so after the debate has finished and they must send at least 80 gold's worth in resources or gold bullion to the Chairman of the Alliance, who will distribute it among the participating member states as needed. This will be seen as a gross shirking of responsibility, and will be remembered by Alliance members. Should a member abandon their responsibilities enough times, their position on the Council may be compromised by the Chairman.

The Council of South America
Any Alliance member may put forward an action to the other alliance members and the action shall be voted on. There is no such thing as an action being run under the Alliance's flag without first passing through the Council.
The Alliance shall be run democratically, with actions to be taken by the Alliance to be put to a vote, in the Alliance's council. If 80% of countries vote "Aye" to an action, the action shall be passed and the Alliance shall take the aforementioned action, be it economic sanctions, military interventions overseas, removal of a member or foreign aid. Any Alliance member can choose to withdraw from an action before the action commences without penalty, though not if the member voted "Aye" to the action, or if the action has already begun in earnest.

New members
The possibility to include more members of South America and Latin America in the SASA shall be considered on a case by case basis. Should any country in Latin America or wish to join the Alliance, a joining fee will be determined by the Chairman and the application will be sent to the member states before decided upon by the Chairman. Should any member state wish to speak out against the application, they must inform the Chairman before the member is accepted, otherwise, the member must put forward a motion to the council to try and remove the newcomer from the Alliance.

Applicants from outside the alliance
Should any countriesof outside the Americas wish to join the Alliance, they must speak to the Chairman, where he will decide if the applicant is fit to become part of the alliance and what rights the country shall be given. Positions on the Council are not granted automatically to accepted applicants from outside Latin America and this right will be given by the Chairman when deemed appropriate.

Amendments to the Constitution
Future amendments to the constitution may occur, and all Alliance members will be notified of the change. Should 80% of the Council disagree with the amendment, then the amendment may be repealed.
Last edited by Blackfish on 07 Feb 2014, 09:27, edited 2 times in total.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Postby Blackfish » 07 Feb 2014, 06:46

I almost called it "South American Covenant of Kinship" (SACK)

Game History
Blackfish

Postby dcaibal » 10 Feb 2014, 04:38

I prefer the "Brazilian Assertion League for the Longevity of South American Countries".

Couldn't get the K in.
First Karma Contributor: Pez

Ottoman Emperor (Not Sultan)- HOTW
Immortal Advisor to the Royal Family of the Union of the Aresian Empire and the Great Patallian Princedom- CYOC
Marty McFly wrote:Wait Doc -you're telling you made a time machine... out of a DeLorean!?

CmndrMaggs wrote:Well f*ck.
x7
dcaibal

Location: I'm a frequent-time-traveler. So try and figure out the wibbly...
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (886)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Subotai45 » 10 Feb 2014, 04:40

dcaibal wrote:I prefer the "Brazilian Assertion League for the Longevity of South American Countries".

Couldn't get the K in.

Brazilian Assertion League for the Longevity of South American Countries and Kingdoms?
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby Geonosis70 » 10 Feb 2014, 04:41

And we have BALLSACK!
PM me for eu4 strats
Geonosis70

Class: Diplomat

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2014, 09:53

:lol:

Game History
Blackfish

Postby Gooderian » 10 Feb 2014, 14:50

I still don't get why the Algarves are listed separately in the country name.
Gold Classicist, and a member of the whippersnappers.
Remember, our country is called the Netherlands, not Holland!
Gooderian

Standard rating: (1059)
All-game rating: (1045)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2014, 14:56

mambam14 wrote:I still don't get why the Algarves are listed separately in the country name.

THEY'RE PART OF MY EMPIRE YOU FAR EASTERN PRETENDER STAY AWAY FROM THE ALGARVES YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM THE ALGARVES IS PART OF SOUTHERN PORTUGAL BUT AS A BROADER TERM ENCOMPASSES MY COLONIES IN AFRICA TOO.

Ahem.
Yeah, don't like people messing with my Algarves. Sorry.
Anyway, go on my country page. Look at my new flag, At the bottom right. There's a little coat of arms, that of the Algarves. See what I mean? Southern Portugal and African colonies/holdings.

Game History
Blackfish

Postby Gooderian » 10 Feb 2014, 17:38

Blackfish wrote:
mambam14 wrote:I still don't get why the Algarves are listed separately in the country name.

THEY'RE PART OF MY EMPIRE YOU FAR EASTERN PRETENDER STAY AWAY FROM THE ALGARVES YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM THE ALGARVES IS PART OF SOUTHERN PORTUGAL BUT AS A BROADER TERM ENCOMPASSES MY COLONIES IN AFRICA TOO.

Ahem.
Yeah, don't like people messing with my Algarves. Sorry.
Anyway, go on my country page. Look at my new flag, At the bottom right. There's a little coat of arms, that of the Algarves. See what I mean? Southern Portugal and African colonies/holdings.

But... but.. the algarves are part of portugal right??
Gold Classicist, and a member of the whippersnappers.
Remember, our country is called the Netherlands, not Holland!
Gooderian

Standard rating: (1059)
All-game rating: (1045)
Timezone: GMT+1

Next

Return to Announcements