Franco-German War

Moderators: GuitarMan, ferdy0

Re: Franco-German War

Postby gnaah » 02 Oct 2014, 12:11

A grim fate for the Population of Strassbourg.

But it shall be avenged!!
... and the crowd goes wild!
gnaah

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 976
All-game rating: 1310
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby I Love Italy » 03 Oct 2014, 01:01

gnaah wrote:A grim fate for the Population of Strassbourg.

But it shall be avenged!!

Myyyyaaaa! We don't like pretzels here in Nilbog... I mean Paris. Definitely Paris.
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby gnaah » 03 Oct 2014, 01:32

I Love Italy wrote:
Myyyyaaaa! We don't like pretzels here in Nilbog... I mean Paris. Definitely Paris.

Man i feel terrible. I have a list of things to demand when your army is defeated. Teaching Frenchie to eat and like Pretzel and Weißwurst is right up there after half the Kingdom and the Hand of your daughter.
Can't be helped though. But i will feel terrible. :mrgreen:
gnaah

Postby I Love Italy » 04 Oct 2014, 06:14

Then let us not handles the situation,
for I fear soon you shall have none!
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Postby Subotai45 » 08 Oct 2014, 22:35

The Germans, who see a chance to crush the French once and for all, entrench their forces around the French army. The Germans, although largely conscripts, are quite confident. They had spent the previous two months destroying any semblance of supply lines, and the French had neglected to create a supply depot.

The Germans send a conscript into the forest, to begin fortifying the area, but three French light cavalry make it there as they arrive, and a fight breaks out. The Germans appear to be gaining the upper hand, but the arrival of the dragoons soon after gives the French control of the forest.

The French army retreats towards the forest, infantry covering the rear. The Germans, given no orders to harass them, allow them to make their way to the forest, while the defeated German conscript forms up outside the forest. The German infantry east of the Rhine retake the city, and Alsace-Lorraine is again under German control.

The French occupy a defensive position in the forest, but due to lack of supplies, 10% of their surviving men die from attrition.

Casualties
German: 3000 conscript
French: 1500 light cavalry, 500 dragoons lost in battle.

Remaining forces
German:
17,500 infantry
54,000 conscripts

French:
1800 dragoons
2250 cuirassiers
4050 light cavalry
21,600 infantry
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Subotai45 » 08 Oct 2014, 22:43

A large German army has crossed from Luxembourg into Central France, aiming to capture Paris. No forces stand to oppose them, and the city of Reims is captured in preparation to seize Paris.

Dutch forces form up on the border with Germany, demanding the return of Luxembourg.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby gnaah » 08 Oct 2014, 23:20

Subotai45 wrote:A large German army has crossed from Luxembourg into Central France, aiming to capture Paris. No forces stand to oppose them, and the city of Reims is captured in preparation to seize Paris.

Everything is working out as i predicted
gnaah

Postby I Love Italy » 09 Oct 2014, 01:16

This has gone on long enough. I have insulted, and hurt, your great nation. This conflict was entirely your fault, and I am willing to pay whatever reparations you require for this offense.
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Postby gnaah » 10 Oct 2014, 00:19

I Love Italy wrote:This has gone on long enough. I have insulted, and hurt, your great nation. This conflict was entirely your fault, and I am willing to pay whatever reparations you require for this offense.

Just before the real fun started? Well, The german populace will rejoice to hear the war has come to a succesful and just conclusion. They are quite astonished, that Germany is still held responsible for the bloodshed, but obvioulsy that can't be helped.

But let it not be said, that Germany isn't merciful. I graciously accept your pleading for peace under the following conditions:

The troops that invaded Alsace-Loraine will be disbanded. For self defense reasons, the french may keep / rebuild 8 military units in total, of which at least 4 have to be Infantry.
The french will lose 1 colony to Germany to be decided later
The french will develop a taste for Pretzels and Weissbier.
The french will recompense Germany for the cost of it's mighty conscript army, which amount to 15M and 150 G, given they wouldn't have been necessary without the french agression. It will be decided later, how France will pay.

And lastly, to prevent future aggressions from the french, Central France will be occupied by 2 German Infantry units paid for by France for the following year.

Failure to meet these conditions will result in the reopening of hostilities. I will now seclude myself in humble prayer to celebrate the victory. Also booze. I heard french wines were quite terrific. I wonder where i could get those.
gnaah

Postby gnaah » 10 Oct 2014, 00:31

Subotai45 wrote:Dutch forces form up on the border with Germany, demanding the return of Luxembourg.

The good people of Luxembourg will get a chance to decide wether they want to belong to Germany or the Netherlands in a fair and democratic election. I expect the dutch to end this petty charade of theirs.
gnaah

PreviousNext

Return to Archived