Mahdi - Invasion of Persia and Arabia

Moderators: ferdy0, GuitarMan

Re: Mahdi - Invasion of Persia

Postby Subotai45 » 18 Sep 2014, 23:16

Yes.

1. The Mahdi. The Mahdi is a religious figure in Islam, and a man claiming to be him quickly gaining power lends credibility to this claim, undermining Persian morale.

2. Ferdy actively did stuff to undermine Persian morale.

3. Ferdy's still small, and more importantly, this gives him a seaport, enabling him to interact with other players for once.

4. China was underpowered when I made it - I was just correcting a previous mistake. The morale boost was flavor to make that stat-editing have a reason.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby GeneralShmuel » 18 Sep 2014, 23:24

Oh OK. Fair enough. It just makes conquering China that much harder and tedious. I mean, I dont even have any opposition to the war! WHY IS NO-ONE CONDEMNING MY WARMONGERING ACTIONS?!?!
Czar Alexander II of the great empire of Russia in HOTW
"Dangerzone!"
GeneralShmuel

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (970)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Subotai45 » 18 Sep 2014, 23:53

The Netherlands does.
Subotai45

Postby ferdy0 » 19 Sep 2014, 01:03

Subotai45 wrote:The Persian government has fallen. In Tehran, a riot started when news that an entire infantry division - a considerable portion of the Persian army - deserted after they learned of the Mahdi rewarding his followers. The western regions are nothing but anarchy, guarded by little but militia, they are open for any power to move in and establish control, while the eastern regions are under the Mahdi's control.

If you're going to make a grab for the western regions, make sure you send in orders - and good luck getting there before the Mahdi does.

incredible what a bit of messing here and there does :twisted: :twisted:

The mahdi claims the WHOLE of Persia and will be assisting the residents of the west in regaining stability

The mahdi offers the deserted army to join his cause and will pay them at the base rate, with a bonus of an EXTRA 10G (per unit) for the first turn
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
ferdy0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)

Postby FortressDoor » 19 Sep 2014, 02:25

GeneralShmuel wrote:so Persia, under heavy attack, crumbles.
China, under severe attack which threatens to capture the entire country, gets a morale and stat boost.

Also, IRL, different cultures on country populations react differently to stuff. Can't say all things need to act exactly the same in all situtations.
GM of Ancients of the World. PM to sign up!
viewforum.php?f=518
FortressDoor

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (972)

Postby Subotai45 » 19 Sep 2014, 02:32

ferdy0 wrote:
Subotai45 wrote:The Persian government has fallen. In Tehran, a riot started when news that an entire infantry division - a considerable portion of the Persian army - deserted after they learned of the Mahdi rewarding his followers. The western regions are nothing but anarchy, guarded by little but militia, they are open for any power to move in and establish control, while the eastern regions are under the Mahdi's control.

If you're going to make a grab for the western regions, make sure you send in orders - and good luck getting there before the Mahdi does.

incredible what a bit of messing here and there does :twisted: :twisted:

The mahdi claims the WHOLE of Persia and will be assisting the residents of the west in regaining stability

The mahdi offers the deserted army to join his cause and will pay them at the base rate, with a bonus of an EXTRA 10G (per unit) for the first turn

2 infantry and a cavalry, the remnants of the Persian army, will join you. The remainder of Persia will be annexed in July, and will generate revenue for your country in that month.
Subotai45

Re: Mahdi - Invasion of Persia and Arabia

Postby Subotai45 » 22 Sep 2014, 21:51

The Mahdi moves troops into western Persia to prevent its annexation by foreign powers, and moves other forces into Saudi Arabia to conquer it. The tribes in the area are beginning to form groups to resist the "unification".
Last edited by Subotai45 on 22 Sep 2014, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
Subotai45

Postby ferdy0 » 22 Sep 2014, 22:19

Subotai45 wrote:The Mahdi moves troops into western Persia to prevent its annexation by foreign powers, and moves other forces into Saudi Arabia to conquer it. The tribes in the area are beginning to form groups to resist the invasion.

Unification*

We do not invade our own we allow them to be themselves!
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
ferdy0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)

Postby Subotai45 » 22 Sep 2014, 22:23

Subotai45 wrote:The Mahdi moves troops into western Persia to prevent its annexation by foreign powers, and moves other forces into Saudi Arabia to conquer it. The tribes in the area are beginning to form groups to resist the "unification".

Better?
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 26 Sep 2014, 00:02

The Mahdist troops are facing slight resistance in their war of "unification". Pressing in from the coast, they face irregular troops that hamper their progress.

The tribes of the region ask for international assistance, monetary or military, so they may better resist the incursions of the Mahdi.
Subotai45

PreviousNext

Return to Archived