Mahdi - Invasion of Persia and Arabia

Moderators: ferdy0, GuitarMan

Re: Mahdi - War of Unification

Postby GeneralShmuel » 14 May 2014, 21:35

Wow, this looks so easy. Can I be faced with AI like this when I aggressively attack another country?
Czar Alexander II of the great empire of Russia in HOTW
"Dangerzone!"
GeneralShmuel

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (970)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Subotai45 » 14 May 2014, 21:39

Maybe not quite this dumb, but I don't have any NPCs act very bright. The goal is to allow player empires to flourish.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby ferdy0 » 14 May 2014, 21:50

GeneralShmuel wrote:Wow, this looks so easy. Can I be faced with AI like this when I aggressively attack another country?

I think its perpose as im creating a country from this
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
ferdy0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)

Postby Subotai45 » 23 May 2014, 15:04

In a dusty region of northern Afghanistan, the Mahdi confronts the last opponents to his rule over Afghanistan. The Mahdi's forces, many of whom have been his followers from the beginning, are rewarded greatly for their loyalty, receiving a 10 G payment. The men of the North, however, are demoralized, in fear of the Mahdi's reputation.

The battle is over before it even started. The Mahdi's forces charge, and the Northern Alliance breaks, only to be cut down by the Mahdi's forces.

Afghanistan is united, and Northern Afghanistan, containing 2 horse, 1 lumber, and 10 gold, is added to the Mahdi's domains.
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 17 Jun 2014, 01:39

There are actually three green infantry. Can't you see them?

The Mahdi, stationed with his guards behind his infantry, begins to issue orders to his men. He watches the battlefield intently, and will take charge of his troops if he sees an opportunity.

The Afghan forces split into three groups. The first, composed of the three infantry, moves forward in a line to engage with the Persian infantry. One of the cavalry protects the Afghan right flank, while the other two charge into the Persian cavalry stationed on the right flank, routing the troops. One of the Persian infantry turns to face the new threat, allowing the Mahdian infantry to bring more fire to bear on the two infantry facing them. The Afghan cavalry continue moving along the rear, striking at the remaining enemy cavalry, and with the help of the 3rd Afghan cavalry regiment, force it from the field. The Persians put up determined resistance, and fall back in order, while conscript troops are mustered in the cities.

Casualties
Afghan: 3000 infantry, 500 cavalry
Persian: 4500 infantry, 1500 cavalry
Subotai45

Re: Mahdi - Invasion of Persia

Postby Subotai45 » 29 Jun 2014, 05:12

The Afghan forces move against the trained Persian troops, leaving the conscript alone for the time being. The Afghan infantry and cavalry tasked with defeating the Persian horse managed to drive them from the field, before assisting their comrades locked in a closer struggle with the Persian infantry, who is assisted by the conscript regiment.

The Persians are driven out of the city whose name I appear to have forgotten, and the Afghans have destroyed a large chunk of the Persian army.

Casualties
Persian: 400 cavalry, 2000 infantry, 6000 conscripts
Afghan: 200 cavalry, 3000 infantry
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 15 Sep 2014, 22:38

The Mahdi surveys enemy lines. He orders his cavalry to charge the infantry on the small hill, but they are unable to take it against the greater number of infantry holding the high ground. The Mahdi orders his infantry to infiltrate the city, and approximately half a division gets in before the guards realize that there is a problem and begin to fight. After a short fight, the conscript Persians break, and the remaining Persian regulars are on the verge of being overwhelmed when reinforcements arrive from the hill behind the city. The fresh units seem to turn the tide of battle, but the Mahdi, using his gift of improvisation, brings the cavalry away from fighting the lone infantry on the hill to attack the rear of the Persian army, leaving one to keep the Persian infantry from getting involved.

The battle is close, but the Persians are eventually forced to retreat south.

Casualties
Afghan: 8000 infantry, 1500 cavalry
Persian: 12000 infantry, 1 conscript division, 1000 cavalry
Subotai45

Postby ferdy0 » 16 Sep 2014, 00:32

Subotai45 wrote:He orders his cavalry to charge the infantry on the small hill, but they are unable to take it against the greater number of infantry holding the high ground.

3 Cav vs 1 Inf, he has greater numbers and the charge didn't frighten? huh ok ill know for next time :D
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
ferdy0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)

Postby Subotai45 » 18 Sep 2014, 22:47

The Persian government has fallen. In Tehran, a riot started when news that an entire infantry division - a considerable portion of the Persian army - deserted after they learned of the Mahdi rewarding his followers. The western regions are nothing but anarchy, guarded by little but militia, they are open for any power to move in and establish control, while the eastern regions are under the Mahdi's control.

If you're going to make a grab for the western regions, make sure you send in orders - and good luck getting there before the Mahdi does.

Persia has the following regions:

Northwest Persia
Tabriz, Ardabil
2 metal, 20 gold

Northern Persia
Terhran, Karaj
3 metal, 1 lumber, 1 horse, 50 gold

Southern Persia
Isfahan, Shiraz, Ahvaz
2 metal, 2 horse, 30 gold

Southeast Persia (Mahdi)
Jask, Bam
1 metal, 1 horse, 10 gold

Northeast Persia (Mahdi)
Meshed
3 metal, 2 horse, 40 gold
Subotai45

Postby GeneralShmuel » 18 Sep 2014, 22:53

so Persia, under heavy attack, crumbles.
China, under severe attack which threatens to capture the entire country, gets a morale and stat boost.
Czar Alexander II of the great empire of Russia in HOTW
"Dangerzone!"
GeneralShmuel

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (970)

PreviousNext

Return to Archived