Scandinavian Invasion of Germany

Moderators: GuitarMan, ferdy0

Re: Scandinavian Invasion of Germany

Postby Blackfish » 08 Feb 2014, 05:24

GrexofFaria wrote:[yes we all know he just wanted an excuse to go back to war with Germany. Why not Russia?]

What, Scandinavia invade Russia?
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby FortressDoor » 08 Feb 2014, 05:50

Blackfish wrote:
FortressDoor wrote:German losses : 21000
Scandinavian losses : 24200

I urge the Scandinavians to make peace before even more die in the bloody battlefields of Kiel. Isn't 45000 deaths, in this battle alone, enough?

Hell no! This is fun to watch! While I prat on about world balance and whatever in my Country Page, I quite like this war.

OOC: Fun Fact: That's almost as many casualties as the battle of Gettysburg with approximately 46000 at its lowest estimate!

GeneralShmuel wrote:Peace will be achieved when the Germans are sufficiently punished and when King Bob believes that Scandinavia is safe and acknowledged

Acknowledged? "HEY GERMANY WE EXIST HERE LET ME BURN DOWN KIEL TO PROVE IT!" :lol:[/quote

OOC
sorry, my IF character is pro German, and honestly hates the Scandinavians. This war is quite entertaining, though Kiel may honestly be hard to hold this month. Too many Scandinavians throwing themselves sT the walls.
GM of Ancients of the World. PM to sign up!
viewforum.php?f=518
FortressDoor

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Geonosis70 » 08 Feb 2014, 06:29

OOC: Plus the Russian counter-attack! :twisted:
PM me for eu4 strats
Geonosis70

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby FortressDoor » 08 Feb 2014, 06:31

Does Ponzan still has viable walls for defense?

Also, Ottomans having fun in the South :D
viewforum.php?f=518
FortressDoor

Postby GeneralShmuel » 11 Feb 2014, 14:07

Blackfish wrote:
GrexofFaria wrote:[If that was his only reason to go to war, then there goes the whole casus beli requirement.]

Come on, he went the extra mile and fabricated shady evidence tying the assassination of his father to Germany. :roll:

OOC: I think we all know that Shmuel just badly wanted a war ;)

Ooc: of course I do. Think about it, what is going to interest potential newcomers if they see a game, based on history, that isn't doing anything other than talk, and talk, and talk. They won't even understand the talk since its all in game meaning you'd have to join it to understand, yet no one wants to join a game that there's only talking and there's no wars. Furthermore, the game started to get really really boring when Brazil wasnt in a war and then it got interesting when they did, only to make peace and make it boring again. Therefore to keep everyone from just dropping HOTW from just dropping out from boredom I've provided entertainment for everyone. Plus, I get land
Czar Alexander II of the great empire of Russia in HOTW
"Dangerzone!"
GeneralShmuel

Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (970)

Postby Subotai45 » 12 Feb 2014, 23:58

In the east, the artillery and militia head over to the forest, out of the city. The Scandinavians are busy bombarding the buildings with infantry in it, so they manage to get away unharmed. The German infantry are not so lucky. Coughing on smoke as they run out of the buildings, they are cut down by the larger groups of Scandinavians.

In the west, the Germans attempt push back the Scandinavians. Cannonfire, Guards, and infantrymen attack the Germans, but are attacked themselves by the light infantry hiding in the forest. The Germans send in the dragoons to flush out the light infantry, but are cut down by the skirmishing tactics of the Scandinavians, who hit and run, hiding behind trees, and who heavily outnumber the dragoons. The German light cavalry tangle with the Scandinavian light cavalry, and emerge victorious, forcing the Scandinavians back. But the Scandinavian infantry hold firm, and more Scandinavians come to assist, finished with their battle. The Germans withdraw across the bridge, while the guard holds the Scandinavians off.

Casualties
German:
The remaining Guards
Remaining dragoons
The infantry in the city
1000 light cavalry

Scandinavian:
10,000 infantry
2000 light cavalry
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby FortressDoor » 13 Feb 2014, 00:40

Really no way around that, really. At least this way heavy losses were inflicted on the Scandanavians.

What does Scandanavia want for peace?
viewforum.php?f=518
FortressDoor

Postby GeneralShmuel » 13 Feb 2014, 02:15

The battle of Kiel is over. King Bob travels to address his weary soldiers, as they set up their tents in Kiel.
As the troops stand up to greet and cheer the King, a large box full of medals arrive at the Kings horse. The first person the King gives a medal too is a Norwegian penguin called Colonel Nils Olav, the troops cheer for their beloved Colonel, after all he had commanded one of he regiments that came to reinforce the main army. Over all, 20,000 medals were distributed that day and a newspaper journalist from the most famous newpaper, The Scandinavian times,arrives with one of the latest camera of 1871, to take a picture of the officers who had participated in the long battle.
A long list of names, around 40,000 men, is also published and engraved in a large plaque that is to be placed next to the small plaque that had commemorated the deaths of the men who had died in the unification of Scandinavia, which is in Stockholm.

The Scandinavian ambassador in Berlin receives a telegram from his superiors in Copenhagen instructing to discuss with the German Kaiser what he's offering in exchange for peace.
"Dangerzone!"
GeneralShmuel

Postby Subotai45 » 31 Aug 2014, 16:20

Archive
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby GeneralShmuel » 31 Aug 2014, 23:01

Noooooooooooo. So many memories. Do you remember FD and giu?
"Dangerzone!"
GeneralShmuel

PreviousNext

Return to Archived