Official History of the World Rules

Moderators: ferdy0, GuitarMan

Re: Official History of the World Rules

Postby letram13 » 19 May 2013, 16:59

I was under the impression, that Industry maxed out at level 5, and that GM was going to do something different at that point. But this way is fine... except it reminds me again how overpowered you are :cry:

What exactly is Social Welfare?
Lord Rickon Stark and his loyal Shaggydog in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
Sultan of The Ottoman Empire in History of the World
Russia in 1700 Diplomacy Variant

GM of Ancient HOTW

Timezone - Pacific GMT -8
letram13

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1127)
All-game rating: (1134)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Subotai45 » 26 May 2013, 19:52

At some point you run out of resources, or more likely, are high enough that you don't need money anymore and need resources instead.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AmorphousCube » 26 May 2013, 20:31

Subotai45 wrote:At some point you run out of resources, or more likely, are high enough that you don't need money anymore and need resources instead.

Japan has no idea what your talking about. It's not like half our resources are from trade or anything...
"Look at those a**holes, ordinary f***ing people. I hate 'em."
"Let's go do some crimes!"
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes."
AmorphousCube

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1031)
All-game rating: (1036)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Subotai45 » 26 May 2013, 20:34

At some point, trade will end when we run out of colony space and the countries that are leveling up industry need resources for themselves.
Subotai45

Postby Kithchener » 26 May 2013, 20:43

Perhaps you now see why me giving up 1/4 of my metal supply isn't really a valid option.
Kithchener

Standard rating: (1123)
All-game rating: (1130)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Subotai45 » 26 May 2013, 21:01

Kithchener wrote:Perhaps you now see why me giving up 1/4 of my metal supply isn't really a valid option.

OOC: Oh, yeah, it'd be terrible. Kinda knew that, but expected military cuts instead of industry stopping.
IC: I did offer to sell it to you, and if we made it treaty-bound, where the deal can't be canceled, it woulda been fine.
Subotai45

Postby Rsharpe » 26 May 2013, 21:09

Subotai45 wrote:At some point, trade will end when we run out of colony space and the countries that are leveling up industry need resources for themselves.

That kind of happened before GM made alot of new countries, like you guys or the Balkan countries. It basically allows developing countries to catch up because everyone will want their resources
GM of History of the World. Join here

Master of making statements that are maddeningly ambiguous and subject to no less than half a dozen possible interpretations

The Fateful Moment
Rsharpe

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Subotai45 » 26 May 2013, 21:14

But we're running out of places to put developing countries. We have the remaining Crown dependencies, if you allow more players to go there, then Haiti and Croatia. And that might be it. I guess we could replace places like Siam that are inactive and be able to buy resources there for a little while. There's not much colonizable space left. More than I thought, but it's all claimed by someone.
Subotai45

Postby Rsharpe » 26 May 2013, 21:26

Subotai45 wrote:But we're running out of places to put developing countries. We have the remaining Crown dependencies, if you allow more players to go there, then Haiti and Croatia. And that might be it. I guess we could replace places like Siam that are inactive and be able to buy resources there for a little while. There's not much colonizable space left. More than I thought, but it's all claimed by someone.

I wouldn't mind more players in the CD's

There is always room for nationalistic uprisings trying to achieve independence, like Ireland, the Middle east, India, parts of South America, Bavaria, just to name a few possibilities.
GM of History of the World. Join here

Master of making statements that are maddeningly ambiguous and subject to no less than half a dozen possible interpretations

The Fateful Moment
Rsharpe

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Kithchener » 26 May 2013, 21:27

Subotai45 wrote:
Kithchener wrote:Perhaps you now see why me giving up 1/4 of my metal supply isn't really a valid option.

OOC: Oh, yeah, it'd be terrible. Kinda knew that, but expected military cuts instead of industry stopping.
IC: I did offer to sell it to you, and if we made it treaty-bound, where the deal can't be canceled, it woulda been fine.

OOC: My nationalism wouldn't have been great if I lost Cuba.

IC: Can you sell me 1/4 of your land? I'll give you the metals and we'll even treaty protect it.
Kithchener

Standard rating: (1123)
All-game rating: (1130)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Archived