Glitch in setting up accounts.

Information on how to set up games for class-based projects.

Glitch in setting up accounts.

Postby RedCandle » 02 Sep 2015, 18:04

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up student accounts, and I was about to enter student numbers 21-35 into the system when I got a warning message saying that my quota had already been reached. I would like to start the class simulation of PlayDip next week. Would someone help me with this glitch ASAP?

Many thanks,

tdoyle
tdoyle
"Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig and then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun." Soren Kierkegaard
RedCandle

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1175)
All-game rating: (1316)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Glitch in setting up accounts.

Postby super_dipsy » 02 Sep 2015, 18:23

Hi, welcome!

You already have 35 accounts. If you use the Teachers tab facility to send you a list of your usernames / passwords, you will get the full list. I note some were created in July, maybe you forgot these? If you want to change any usernames, you can either log in as the username and use the My Account capability to change the name, or you can just PM me if you want me to do it for you.

If you need more, then also PM me.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby RedCandle » 02 Sep 2015, 18:30

Hello super_dipsy!

Thanks for your welcome. I haven't done this before, so I'm a bit nervous about doing it right so as to avoid glitches next week.

I would like to PM you with the complete list of students who will play starting next week. I think I've entered 21 of them already. So, if you could enter the remainder, I would appreciate it. I'm starting to create the games, and then it's me figuring out how to distribute students to one of the five games I'll create. Any further input from you is very welcome!

tdoyle
tdoyle
"Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig and then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun." Soren Kierkegaard
RedCandle

Postby aslaught » 03 Sep 2015, 02:25

Hello,

I am a high school teacher and use playdip in my class. My biggest suggestion would be to make sure you put 2 kids on each country just in case of absences. I ran into that the first time I used the game.

It does work very well and my students really love playing it once they get the hang of it!
aslaught

Standard rating: (1480)
All-game rating: (1519)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby RedCandle » 03 Sep 2015, 04:02

Thanks for that advice. I don't have the numbers to do that right now, and I'm fortunate to have a waiting list of grad students to fill positions should they open up.
tdoyle
RedCandle

Postby RedCandle » 04 Sep 2015, 21:08

One more glitch, sorry.

So, after creating 35 student accounts, I'm now trying to use Fast Track to place them into the games I've created. After trying for the first game, I got this error message and I don't know what to do now: "Seven unique student/tournament names that you have created must be specified to use the Fast Track game setup service."
tdoyle
RedCandle

Postby super_dipsy » 05 Sep 2015, 18:03

tdoyle wrote:So, after creating 35 student accounts, I'm now trying to use Fast Track to place them into the games I've created. After trying for the first game, I got this error message and I don't know what to do now: "Seven unique student/tournament names that you have created must be specified to use the Fast Track game setup service."

It means the seven players are not all your student usernames. The most likely reason is you have made a typo in the usernames. Check them and see what you can find.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby RedCandle » 05 Sep 2015, 21:57

Ok, thanks!

tdoyle
tdoyle
RedCandle

Return to For Teachers