The Teachers sub-forum

Information on how to set up games for class-based projects.

Re: The Teachers sub-forum

Postby super_dipsy » 21 Aug 2019, 21:03

jimlacey1 wrote:Thanks --- I really wanted to play a game or two first... but could not find any faculty members to accommodate me...
Jim

If you click Games on the Home Page and then Join Game, you can join any game. A good way to get the hang of it is to join a game as a surrendered country or something.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby ConstantineDrasages » 02 Dec 2019, 02:08

Hello. It's probably just operator headspace, but I can't see my student accounts after I've entered the information. I've tried this several times, on three different computers, so now I am here to ask if there is anyone online who would offer some advice on what the missing link may be with my situation. Thank you.
-ConstantineDrasages
ConstantineDrasages

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1015
All-game rating: 1018
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Amby » 08 Feb 2020, 23:22

Hi Teachers

I co-host a podcast about Diplomacy over at DiplomacyGames.com

We've had a Dipsy on the show a couple of times as well as Morg. One thing we're keen to explore is the use of Diplomacy in the classroom by teachers.

We'd be interested in doing an interview with a teacher who does this, or if a number of you put up your hands, maybe we'll have a small panel.

Cheers

Amby
Amby

Standard rating: (980)
All-game rating: (1141)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Aladel » 18 Mar 2020, 12:21

Hi,
some of my students can't find the game, meanwhile other of the same group already joinded. They can log in to the system but can`t find the game under, not even through the number, even though I can find it just by filtering the school games or through the number.

How long is the deadline for confirming the games? People are falling away. They were already confirming and suddenly they are gone and the joining starts again. It is tiresome, could the time-out or whatever it is, be prolonged?

Thanks,
Aladel
Aladel

Standard rating: (1045)
All-game rating: (1045)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby s_xf8zy9 » 04 May 2020, 17:34

Hi everybody,

I need more than 35 accounts for my class - how can I reach a mod to ask for more?

thanks!
s_xf8zy9

Postby s_xf8zy9 » 25 May 2020, 12:34

Hey everybody,

I've got a problem with my Teachers Game "176801. Erste Runde". On of my students registered as Germany and while he was able to finalize the first order, it seems like he got kicked out of the game now. There is no player filled in for Germany anymore - just a blank space. He can only watch the game. Is there any way he can be part of the game again? Is this a bug or did he accidently do something wrong?

thanks a lot
s_xf8zy9

Postby s_xf8zy9 » 26 May 2020, 17:07

... and it happend again :D This time italy got kicked out and replaced by someone, who didn't sign up themselves. Is this some known bug or do I do something wrong?
s_xf8zy9

Postby WHSeward » 26 May 2020, 20:46

There is no bug that we are aware of. Players get kicked if they click the "surrender" button or if the game settings require players that don't turn in moves be removed. I'll take a look...
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby JMRamsden » 15 Jun 2020, 18:19

My students are really enjoying playing Diplomacy, but they would like the time between the orders to be shorter. Is there a way I can change this, or do I need to contact a moderator? Thanks.
JMRamsden

Postby WHSeward » 15 Jun 2020, 19:17

Contact a mod to make the change for existing games
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

PreviousNext

Return to For Teachers