School Rules

Information on how to set up games for class-based projects.

Re: School Rules

Postby Westerham » 28 Feb 2013, 16:46

Game 54441

With all due respect , if I didn't think there was something fishy I wouldn't ask for an investigation , it is hardly my fault you misplace my intentions !
Westerham

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (948)
All-game rating: (966)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Westerham » 28 Feb 2013, 16:50

To be honest i am not longer concerned about this game as the aforesaid person has now resigned , and with all the replies the situation/rules has now become a lot clearer to me.

Thank you for your answers !
Westerham

Standard rating: (948)
All-game rating: (966)

Postby Petunia » 28 Feb 2013, 18:59

jaelis wrote:But someone playing a regular account in a School game (much less a game that talks about a school in its description) is not grounds for concern.

It's clear to me that he thinks it is and that this is the crux of the disagreement. It's not clear WHY one would think this, but he does say:

Westerham wrote:I think if you play in non rank school games you shouldn't then use that same account in ranked games , allows for to much suspicion.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see the second page. Never mind I guess.
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby rick.leeds » 01 Mar 2013, 14:36

Just to tidy this up. Everything that has been said is accurate but I just wanted to explain about SCHOOLS games and accounts (some of which will be repetition but I'm just including it for completeness).

As has been said, anyone can set up a SCHOOLS game, they aren't JUST for educational establishments. They are used by mentors, but they may also be used by any site member. Whoever sets up the game is the designated teacher. The "Teacher" is responsible for moderating that specific game as far as Public Press is concerned.

"Official" accounts may be accounts that have a school identifier in the name or email. In other words they might say something like "RyecroftStudent01" as the username, or they might have something like "@ryecroft.edu" in the email. This depends how the accounts have been set up. We offer to set up student accounts if the person organising the games is setting them up for class-based reasons. Not everyone takes us up on this, however, for whatever reason. It may be that the organiser doesn't want official accounts. Official accounts remain official accounts if they are ONLY used in Schools games; if they are subsequently used in a non-SCHOOLS game, they are classed as a "Personal" account, whatever the account has as a username or email.

Personal accounts are any account that is used in ANY game that we cannot identify as an Official account, or any account that enters a non-SCHOOLS game. The only reason we have this distinction between Official and Personal accounts is that we hope that a student involved in a SCHOOLS game may want to play other games too; however the teacher may want to keep a bank of official accounts for future use in class-based projects. This is the only exception to the site's multiple accounts ban.

It therefore follows that a member might play a SCHOOLS game and use the same account in a non-SCHOOLS game. This is fine, as explained above, but the account used is a personal account and subject to full site rules. There is nothing wrong with the situation.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds

Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)

Postby DiplomacyDayM » 13 Oct 2014, 04:17

Hello

I figured out the game number and entered 7 student usernames, but got this message:

"Seven unique student names that you have created must be specified to use the Fast Track game setup service"

What do I still need to do?

Sincerely,

Mike
623-551-0530
DiplomacyDayM
Premium Member

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Previous

Return to For Teachers