Sail Ho! AARs

GM: Willie900. Winner: sinnybee (Maroon)

Sail Ho! AARs

Postby Willie900 » 16 Aug 2011, 03:44

post AARs here

I will even post a sort of "GM" AAR, in which I describe what I saw in the game, basically my interpretation of the game as it went on

1901:
nothing exciting. I am ever so slightly puzzled as to why Maroon didn't go for Tar, but I see why sinnybee convoyed to the island instead. I was also intrigued by the fact that on the first fall turn, Blue had the power to bounce any one of the other nations out of a neutral SC, and still take one.

1902:
It becomes clear that Maroon and Yellow are fighting, and Blue and Orange were close. it was clear that Blue and Maroon were allied, and Yellow and Orage were allies as well. in the fall, Maroon makes a guess against Yellow that nets the country two more centers.

1903:
Orange's move into SoA cripples Blue, or so it seems. of course, later Blue strikes back, with help from Maroon. also, Maroon makes it to the coast of Yellow, which starts the country's coming downfall.

1904:
the game really heats up, I was quite amazed that Maroon didn't stab Blue at the time. and with a Maroon army on Yellow soil, it seals that country's fate.

1905:
Maoon supremacy really comes out, and Maroon makes a few more advances to win the game.

let's hear your perspectives!
Wow my signature used to be awful
Willie900

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Sail Ho! AARs

Postby ninjaruler » 16 Aug 2011, 04:36

yea, I made a mistake I thought Maroon would be fine with waiting for me to take that eastern SC on the eastern Island but nooo. yea I could have stopped his solo, and as you could mostly tell I gave up at the end haha
¸„‹•*¸„‹•*„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*;;;:::::.....Ninja.....:::::;;;*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„*•›„¸*•›„¸
..............*•›„¸*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•Mafia/Diplomacy/CYOC‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*¸„‹•*...............
ninjaruler

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby sinnybee » 16 Aug 2011, 06:21

ninjaruler wrote:yea, I made a mistake I thought Maroon would be fine with waiting for me to take that eastern SC on the eastern Island but nooo. yea I could have stopped her solo, and as you could mostly tell I gave up at the end haha

Really? Why didn't you stop me, then?

Willie900 wrote:1902:
...in the fall, Maroon makes a guess against Yellow that nets the country two more centers.

Diplomacy my friend, not a guess: one can't guess their way to soloes
sinnybee wrote:Do you want Nes or do you want Str?

ninjaruler wrote:I would rather have NES if you don't mind.

sinnybee wrote:So Nes for you and Are and Str for me? Okay.

sinnybee wrote:So, do you want Nes this turn or later?
If you want it now, that's okay.
If you don't take it this turn, you don't mind if I build there, do you?

ninjaruler wrote:I'm taking this turn, sorry :/

Then, I tell Palin, my ally, so he knows that he doesn't have to worry about the unit going against him that turn:
sinnybee wrote:He confirmed that he's going for Nes this turn.

In anticipation of ninjaruler's turn, I just used my army to bounce Nes. Since it was already on a new supply centre, it could gain a build while keeping ninja out of Nes.

Excellent job GMing the game, Willie900, especially as your first time GMing! :)
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby ninjaruler » 16 Aug 2011, 07:08

sinnybee wrote:
ninjaruler wrote:yea, I made a mistake I thought Maroon would be fine with waiting for me to take that eastern SC on the eastern Island but nooo. yea I could have stopped her solo, and as you could mostly tell I gave up at the end haha

Really? Why didn't you stop me, then?[/qoute}

I didn't know you were going to go on and hate on me.
¸„‹•*¸„‹•*„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*;;;:::::.....Ninja.....:::::;;;*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„*•›„¸*•›„¸
..............*•›„¸*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•Mafia/Diplomacy/CYOC‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*¸„‹•*...............
ninjaruler

Postby sinnybee » 16 Aug 2011, 07:17

ninjaruler wrote:
sinnybee wrote:

Really? Why didn't you stop me, then?[/qoute}

I didn't know you were going to go on and hate on me.

:?: Please explain.
I hope you don't think I hate you :?
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Postby ninjaruler » 16 Aug 2011, 07:56

I don't think you hate ne haha. I just meant you came and destroyed me in one fell swoop
ninjaruler

Postby Willie900 » 16 Aug 2011, 14:03

sinnybee wrote:
Willie900 wrote:1902:
...in the fall, Maroon makes a guess against Yellow that nets the country two more centers.

Diplomacy my friend, not a guess: one can't guess their way to soloes

Excellent job GMing the game, Willie900, especially as your first time GMing! :)

thank you!

also, from my perspective, it looked like both of you had to guess. but I didn't see the messages.
Wow my signature used to be awful
Willie900

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sinnybee » 16 Aug 2011, 16:49

ninjaruler wrote:I don't think you hate ne haha. I just meant you came and destroyed me in one fell swoop

I thought you said I was killing you too slowly :?
...so let me get this straight--you could have stopped my solo but you didn't because I "came and destroyed [you] in one fell swoop"?
sinnybee

Postby ninjaruler » 16 Aug 2011, 17:09

because I didn't know you were going to solo. it doesn't matter.
ninjaruler

Return to Game 1