Draw Proposal

GM: UpQuark. Winner: Aardvark Army (Italy)

Re: Draw Proposal

Postby UpQuark » 21 Nov 2012, 17:41

This Draw proposal is defeated and cannot be revived.

Anyone is welcome to make a new Draw proposal at any time. Including a proposal to vote on a solo victory.

Any proposal must be accepted unanimously, by public consent here on the forum.

After the requisite time, any abstention essentially counts as a NO vote and the draw will fail.
practically massless elementary particle
UpQuark

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (986)
All-game rating: (898)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Petunia » 21 Nov 2012, 18:41

AardvarkArmy wrote:I would further note that, quite conversely, Germany has no more control over the destiny of her five centers than she does over the phases of the moon - Germany's neighbors shall decide, at their leisure, which German centers shall fall, to whom, and when.

None of this is anything to do with me but I just wanted to note that this entire post, and this bit in particular, is one of the best posts I've ever read on this entire forum.
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby hypermach » 22 Nov 2012, 09:47

England proposes we grant solo victory to Italy, fun game but the end is in sight.
Soldier in 'Cavalry to the Rescue'
hypermach

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (798)
All-game rating: (886)

Postby AardvarkArmy » 22 Nov 2012, 10:15

I'm flattered that England and Germany and Egypt think that Italy is "on the brink" of a solo, but it's simply not true.

I'm 10 centers away from solo, folks. 10. TEN. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

If I completely consume all of Spain's remaining centers, that only gets me halfway there.

If I consume all of Spain, and manage to snap up all 3 of Egypt's home centers, I'm still short.

And none of that would be happening in a vacuum. At the same time that I am taking Spanish and Egyptian centers, Russia will absolutely, certainly, be taking English and German and Egyptian ones as well...and very likely at a faster pace.

Yes, I am the biggest power at the moment. There's always going to be one who is the biggest. But being the biggest at the moment is not the same thing as having a guaranteed lock on a solo. No one has that yet in this game...
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1458

Postby UpQuark » 22 Nov 2012, 18:36

Nevertheless, England has proposed a new Draw (solo for Italy) in public, and it shall be open to voting until Spring 2002.
practically massless elementary particle
UpQuark

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (986)
All-game rating: (898)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Kithchener » 22 Nov 2012, 18:43

Declined
This account is dead RIP.
Kithchener