Draw Proposal

GM: UpQuark. Winner: Aardvark Army (Italy)

Draw Proposal

Postby AardvarkArmy » 21 Nov 2012, 00:56

It has become abundantly clear which powers are moving towards the finish line in this game, and which ones - despite valiant efforts - simply won't get there. I therefore propose a draw for Italy and Russia.
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1506
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Draw Proposal

Postby Kithchener » 21 Nov 2012, 01:00

Spain accepts and encourages others to do so.
This account is dead RIP.
Kithchener

Standard rating: (1123)
All-game rating: (1130)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Mouse » 21 Nov 2012, 02:57

Before I consider the draw, I would like to know if it is a legal draw and will the GM accept it.
Rape, Pillage, and Cheese!
Mouse
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (902)

Postby UpQuark » 21 Nov 2012, 03:01

Yes it is legal, and if accepted by unanimous vote it shall stand. See my PM for summary.
practically massless elementary particle
UpQuark

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (986)
All-game rating: (898)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby hypermach » 21 Nov 2012, 03:03

england accepts
Soldier in 'Cavalry to the Rescue'
hypermach

Standard rating: (798)
All-game rating: (886)

Postby Mouse » 21 Nov 2012, 03:06

Egypt accepts
Mouse
Premium Member

Postby haroonriaz » 21 Nov 2012, 08:46

Dear Italy, why the draw when you can solo? You are only 9 centers away, correct me if I am wrong, and I can give you all 5 of mine to help you reach there. You deserve it too. Therefore, Germany rejects the proposal.
More than half of Diplomacy games are ruined because players leave them half-way.
Silver Member Classicist, Cavalry, Captain CLD, Winner: War in the Americas, Joint: GoT I, 1792 Napoleonic Diplomacy 1, Zeus 3, Stew 2, East Asia 2, Loeb-9 3, Manifest Destiny I, 1905 2.0, Napoleonic E&C, Seismic 6
haroonriaz

Standard rating: 921
All-game rating: 923
Timezone: GMT+5

Postby UpQuark » 21 Nov 2012, 16:19

This Draw proposal has been rejected.

The game continues...
practically massless elementary particle
UpQuark

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (986)
All-game rating: (898)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby AardvarkArmy » 21 Nov 2012, 17:12

haroonriaz wrote:Dear Italy, why the draw when you can solo? You are only 9 centers away, correct me if I am wrong, and I can give you all 5 of mine to help you reach there. You deserve it too. Therefore, Germany rejects the proposal.

Italy wishes to note that her armed forces are more than capable of implementing Italy's own foreign policy and defense without the unsolicited assistance of any washed-out, two-bit, trifling* little micro-nation.

I would further note that, quite conversely, Germany has no more control over the destiny of her five centers than she does over the phases of the moon - Germany's neighbors shall decide, at their leisure, which German centers shall fall, to whom, and when.

Germany's "offer" is rejected and shall be ignored; Italy shall proceed with the continental trajectory that has already been determined with her deserving partner, Russia.

* (Note to Mouse: I had to come up with an entirely fresh trilogy of invective adjectives so as not to self-plagiarize your trade-mark appellation! :lol: )
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1506

Postby Mouse » 21 Nov 2012, 17:34

I would have preferred a draw because it would end the game at the holidays.

Still, for the game to continue as Italy, being 1/3 larger than Russia and in better position isn't it a bit pathetic to shoot for a draw (in game play, not as proposed)? Russia didn't exactly "make" you and for you to carry him over the finish line is just weird. Had some very personal letters exchanged? Okay, teasing... Personally, I don't even see where you gained supply centers with Russian help... probably I am wrong, but regardless it would be minimal. Maybe you just don't want to fight him? Hell, I cannot fathom the logic.

So first I'd beg people to reconsider and accept the draw since we are all going down the toilet.

Second, if the draw isn't going to be accepted, Italy, play your BEST game. Draws are for when they are seriously the best alternative (or in this case the game could end a great deal earlier). Don't make us all submit orders for you to dance around trying to help Russia match your supply centers. It is unfair to all the players and discredits your skill.
Mouse
Premium Member

Next

Return to Game 4