Writing Contest Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Writing Contest Mafia

Postby AKFD » 21 Nov 2020, 16:26

So I love writing, and I'm part of my school's English journalism club.
So it made sense for me to think of this:

WRITING CONTEST MAFIA

Basic Rules:
1. The split is 7/8 town and 2 scum. The scum will know each other’s identities and will have private communications at Discord at all times.
2. The town win when they eliminate all the scum. The scum win when their number equals or exceeds the number of remaining town players.
3. It’s common sense but please adhere to the PlayDip Mafia Standard Etiquette Rules
4. This isn’t mandatory but try your best to refrain from using the word “lynch”. I would give gentle reminders if I see this rule being violated.

Phases:
1. The Day phase will run for 72 hours. No communication outside of the game thread about the game is allowed unless your role allows you to do so.
2. For the town kill, players should vote like this. Nicknames for votes are acceptable. No Kill and End Day votes are acceptable. Just to be clear, there are no hidden hammers in this game.
3. A timer would be added at the start of each day, to give players an exact count of how long until the day ends. When the timer reaches zero, players can still post until I post “STOP POSTING.” However, all votes cast past the deadline ARE NOT COUNTED.
4. The day can end early if everyone left in the game decides to vote End Day.
5. In the event of a tie, scum decide tied votes.
6. The Night phase will run for 48 hours, with speed deadlines in effect. There is to be no posting in the game thread when the night phase is ongoing.
7. Everyone who must submit an order in the night phase will do so by sending their orders in Discord.
8. Players who fail to submit night orders won’t be replaced unless they have not been active in the thread much. This is subject to my interpretation.

When will I modkill:
1. Most of the time, if a player wants a substitute they just have to tell me through a PM and I will give them a sub. However, I will modkill if:
2. A player has violated any of the Mafia Etiquette Rules. (see Basic Rules #3) The exception to this is rule 9.2 of the Etiquette.
3. A player has made discriminatory, racist, misogynistic or any hateful comments on anyone or anything in the thread. This applies even though it’s not stated in the Etiquette.

The Twist:
1. Every 24 hours, I will be giving out a prompt for everyone to answer. These can be as simple as “Choose between pineapples on pizza or not. Justify your answer” to “Describe the happiest moment in your life” and “Write a message to AKFD.”
2. All people can submit or choose not to submit for each prompt. However, only those that submit for a certain prompt will have their votes counted. It won’t be told which prompt it is, and the results will still show publicly as normal.
3. Each prompt will then be graded by me and a friend. The best prompt will get a prize, and the worst one will get a consequence. It will be publicly revealed who won and lost, but it won’t be made public as to what prize/consequence will the person get.
4. I will have a list of all possible prizes/consequences that will not be made public. Prizes/consequences will be told to the player alone. It is up to the player if they want to say it in the thread.
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.

Telleo wrote: I hereby dub AKFD the official PlayDip Mafia Royal Historian.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (834)
All-game rating: (772)
Timezone: GMT+8

Re: Writing Contest Mafia

Postby shadowface » 22 Nov 2020, 03:25

Good rule set! I think you hit all the important things to clarify.

Also I love the concept, I am kind of obsessed with writing so count me in if you run it! Good idea not to make it too complicated as a new GM.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Writing Contest Mafia

Postby AKFD » 22 Nov 2020, 05:40

shadowface wrote:Good rule set! I think you hit all the important things to clarify.

Also I love the concept, I am kind of obsessed with writing so count me in if you run it! Good idea not to make it too complicated as a new GM.

Thanks for the kind words Shadow!
With a few more tweaks and finalizing prompts, prizes and consequences I might put this in signups!
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.

Telleo wrote: I hereby dub AKFD the official PlayDip Mafia Royal Historian.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (834)
All-game rating: (772)
Timezone: GMT+8

Return to In Development