Looking For Feedback on a Beatlemania Mafia Setup

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Looking For Feedback on a Beatlemania Mafia Setup

Postby Firestorm94 » 22 Jan 2019, 22:28

Hey folks, I've had an idea for a setup bouncing around my head. I was wondering if I could get some feedback from some of you smart folks.

Players: Could probably run 9:3 or 7:2

The main twist:
No one starts out with a role. Roles are connected to Beatles singles, which are allocated to players based on blue votes every half day. I'm not sure if I should introduce that many roles that frequently. My thought was that most/all roles would be one-shot roles, but I think that reducing the number of roles put into play or reducing the frequency at which they are put into play might help keep things from being too volatile.

I'm thinking maybe 3 singles are up for grabs 36 hours in, and another 3 are up for grabs at the end of day 1. Each player would be able to cast as many votes as there are singles available, but a player can't allocate more than one of their votes for one person. I was thinking players would also be allowed to self-vote.

Another possible wrinkle which might be neat but would also make things more complicated and harder to balance: scum don't get the night kill by default but in return have "B-side" abilities from each single which they can choose to use instead of the regular "A-side" ability that anyone -- town or mafia -- would be allowed to use. I think that running it without this wrinkle would still be fine -- there's something to be said for keeping it simple -- but it's just another piece of this idea that I had bouncing around my head.

I'd love to get some feedback from some of you guys to help develop this a bit.
Firestorm94

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1025)
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to In Development