Wild West Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Wild West Mafia

Postby RedSun » 15 Jan 2019, 16:14

Oh well, I realized my mistakes with the Partner’s Mafia idea so I’m working on a new type of model. For now here’s a proposal:

There are two sides Cowboys and Outlaws.

7 Cowboys
2 Outlaws

There is a value called “Legend Status” (LS) which the importance of which shall be expanded upon.

Every night all players choose someone to deliver LS to. The players may not give it to themselves or the same player twice period. However, in the case all players have been given LS by one player he may give a second round of LS to players but all players must have two layers before a third layer may begin.
LS continues to stack.

Everyday the players may vote to execute a player in Large Red Letters. However, the player with the most votes may vote in Large Blue Letters the name of a player with whom he wants to duel.
The name of the player must be someone voting him and as soon as he challenges the player to a duel it will be one of those two who dies. Vote changes from that point onward does not matter. If there is no duel challenge before the end of the day then a random person will be dueled but a penalty to the voted player’s LS before the duel will be enacted.
The challenged player may not be changed. The player with the higher LS score will win the duel and bury his enemy however he will loose some LS as a result of the battle.

The Outlaws still have an NK. However, at night each town player may submit via PM their protection of another player. Whoever the player of the highest LS score extends his protection to will be protected from the NK unless it is an Outlaw who has the highest LS score.

LS scores will not be told via PM or publicly to the players upon sunrise.

Outlaws also get a joint LS they can assign every other night. This joint LS can continue to be stacked on the same player and be assigned to themselves. If there is a disagreement then no LS will be assigned. There must be a PM from both mafia. They get the first joint LS N1, the second N3 etc. If unused Outlaws must still wait 2 nights.

Also at the end the title Legendary Cowboy or Outlaw will be awarded to one player on the winning side depending on Duel Successes and LS. No effect ingame but may be something to strive for :P .

Let me know what you think.
Btw there will be no intentional tricks here!

Other Info:
72 hour days unless a Duel Takes Place in which it may be cut short.
24 hour nights for Outlaws to kill some Cowboys.
Day and Night Chat for Outlaws
N0 for giving LS blindly but no NKs N0.
Last edited by RedSun on 18 Jan 2019, 18:00, edited 2 times in total.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Wild West Mafia

Postby willie23 » 15 Jan 2019, 23:05

I would be very excited to try this out. I really like the cowboys and outlaws theme and the dueling mechanism.

So, each night every player, including outlaws, will choose one other player to give one unit of LS to. So as the game progresses some players can get a lot of LS, even on N0 a player could get several units of LS. But you can't give LS to the same person two nights in a row. Duel winners are determined by how much LS each participant holds. And after a duel the winner loses some amount of LS. Nobody knows how much LS anyone else has. The Legend Status concept is interesting.

I would play just to get Legendary Outlaw status.
“Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible;”— General T. J. Jackson

Bronze Member of the Classicists
Member of the Whippersnappers.
United Republic of New Texas In CYOC
Check out the PlayDip Historical Society!
User avatar
willie23
 
Posts: 291
Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 20:20
Location: Lordsburg, New Mexico, USA (Right on Interstate-10)
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1002)
All-game rating: (999)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Wild West Mafia

Postby asudevil » 16 Jan 2019, 06:39

What happens mid/late game when everyone alive I have already given LS to

Can I duplicate then?
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
User avatar
asudevil
Premium Member
 
Posts: 16582
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 02:20
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1437
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Wild West Mafia

Postby RedSun » 16 Jan 2019, 16:59

willie23 wrote:I would be very excited to try this out. I really like the cowboys and outlaws theme and the dueling mechanism.

So, each night every player, including outlaws, will choose one other player to give one unit of LS to. So as the game progresses some players can get a lot of LS, even on N0 a player could get several units of LS. But you can't give LS to the same person two nights in a row. Duel winners are determined by how much LS each participant holds. And after a duel the winner loses some amount of LS. Nobody knows how much LS anyone else has. The Legend Status concept is interesting.

I would play just to get Legendary Outlaw status.


Yes to all the rules except you can’t give to the same player twice period. Not twice in a row.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Wild West Mafia

Postby RedSun » 16 Jan 2019, 17:00

asudevil wrote:What happens mid/late game when everyone alive I have already given LS to

Can I duplicate then?


Yeah I suppose so. You just couldn’t give it to the same player a third time unless all the players left would have been given it twice by you.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Wild West Mafia

Postby asudevil » 18 Jan 2019, 14:15

RedSun wrote:
asudevil wrote:What happens mid/late game when everyone alive I have already given LS to

Can I duplicate then?


Yeah I suppose so. You just couldn’t give it to the same player a third time unless all the players left would have been given it twice by you.


Which may need to be clarified
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
User avatar
asudevil
Premium Member
 
Posts: 16582
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 02:20
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1437
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Wild West Mafia

Postby RedSun » 18 Jan 2019, 17:58

asudevil wrote:
RedSun wrote:
asudevil wrote:What happens mid/late game when everyone alive I have already given LS to

Can I duplicate then?


Yeah I suppose so. You just couldn’t give it to the same player a third time unless all the players left would have been given it twice by you.


Which may need to be clarified


Yup added it above already :) .
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6


Return to In Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest