Cleansing-Like Game

Postby mhsmith0 » 20 Nov 2018, 02:09

Ballpark 12 players, standard #s

Four phases:

Morning -> Noon (24 hours)
Afternoon -> Dusk (24 hours)
Evening -> Midnight (12 hours)
Witching Hour -> Dawn (12 hours)

Every day there is a lynch. Every night all living scum players may attempt to assassinate any other living players by successfully guessing their roles. Scum know each other’s identities but not roles and may nit communicate privately at ANY point in the game. Roles will be randomized wrt alignment and will include:

The Axe – During the evening phase, you may choose to attempt to execute another player. If the mob is still alive during the morning, you may be killed by him or spared.
(analogue to justiciar)

The Other Axe – If at any time the Axe is killed, you will inherit his abilities, including his vulnerability to the mob. It is possible, for instance, for the mob to kill you the morning after the axe is assassinated without you ever getting a chance to attempt a kill yourself.
(analogue to initiate)

The Mob – At the end of the evening phase, you will be informed of who the axe attempted to kill, if anyone (you will NOT be informed of the axe's identity though). Should you survive until dawn, you must decide during the morning phase whether to kill the axe or to spare him. You have no other abilities.
(new role, callback to a different fun game)

The Ghost – If you are eliminated via assassination, you will flip your role but not alignment and may no longer post in thread. If, however, you are eliminated by any cause other than assassination, you will retain the ability to post in thread but will not flip your alignment. In that case, you will be restricted to make no more than one post per page, and each post may have no more than 200 words and no more than one image/video/non-text item. You will not be counted as a living player, will not have your vote counted, and will not be targetable by any ability.
(analogue to lamb)

(2) The Angels – During the evening phase, each of you may attempt to protect another player from the axe. Note that if both angels attempt to protect the same player, the protection will fail. You will also have access to quicktopic thread each day that will be open for discussion ONLY during the day phase. You may not link to any of these quicktopic threads or share with any other players, living or dead.
(analogue to cultists)

Madman – During the evening phase, you must target two different living players (you may not self-target). The roles of these players will be reversed UNLESS at least one of them is an angel. You will not be informed if this ability succeeds. Your ability will process after all other evening abilities. If you do not target two players, your ability will be randomized among living targets.
(analogue to agent of chaos)

Tabloid Reporter - During the evening phase, you must target a living player. Should this player be eliminated for any reason before the next evening phase, their role will be revealed. You may not self-target. If you do not target a player, your ability will be randomized among living targets.
(analogue to monk)

Abductor – During the witching hour phase, target one living player along with a guess as to his role. If you guess correctly, you will stop one assassination attempt (if multiple assassins guess correctly, the target will still die). If you guess incorrectly, and your target dies for any reason before the next witching hour phase, their role will be revealed. You may not target yourself or any player you have previously targeted as this role.
(new role)

(needs about 3 more roles)
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Cleansing-Like Game

Postby Zoomzip » 20 Nov 2018, 04:48

I am intrigued by this. I would note that “one post per page” may be awkward as page is adjustable. But I am thinking it through. Could be a cool reusable setup.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Cleansing-Like Game

Postby mhsmith0 » 20 Nov 2018, 05:11

Zoomzip wrote:I am intrigued by this. I would note that “one post per page” may be awkward as page is adjustable. But I am thinking it through. Could be a cool reusable setup.

Yeah it seemed like people enjoyed the setup the first time around, so I might try running it w some tweaks and maybe it’ll be a good repeatable.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Return to In Development