Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 31 Mar 2018, 04:25

As an example, my parents took my sister to see Wicked in...I want to say 2005. It took them over a year to get tickets, and it would've taken longer but my dad had a contact through his work that helped him out. And when they did finally get the tickets, they were for 7 months after they were acquired.

(disclaimer that I was 9 at the time, so my figures may not be precise, but they're close enough to get the point across. Plays are hard to get into.)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 31 Mar 2018, 04:27

Parabellum wrote:In the midwest we just walk up to the box office...

I contest this statement. I moved out to DC from Indiana 11 years ago, and I saw Les Miserables in Chicago, and Phantom of the Opera at the Murat in Indianapolis prior to that. Both of them involved buying tickets a few months in advance and then driving to get there. At the very least, you don’t just walk up to the box office if going to see the show involves any travel.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 31 Mar 2018, 04:27

It's partially a prestige thing on the east coast, that inflates the numbers along with regular people that just want to see a play.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Parabellum » 31 Mar 2018, 04:29

nanooktheeskimo wrote:As an example, my parents took my sister to see Wicked in...I want to say 2005. It took them over a year to get tickets, and it would've taken longer but my dad had a contact through his work that helped him out. And when they did finally get the tickets, they were for 7 months after they were acquired.

(disclaimer that I was 9 at the time, so my figures may not be precise, but they're close enough to get the point across. Plays are hard to get into.)

Not here. I remember when Wicked was new and came to my area. Tickets sold out the second they were open to the public, but the secondary ticket market usually isn’t outrageous, and the tickets will be available all the way up until the show.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: (969)
All-game rating: (956)

Postby Parabellum » 31 Mar 2018, 04:32

kimbyrle wrote:

I contest this statement. I moved out to DC from Indiana 11 years ago, and I saw Les Miserables in Chicago, and Phantom of the Opera at the Murat in Indianapolis prior to that. Both of them involved buying tickets a few months in advance and then driving to get there. At the very least, you don’t just walk up to the box office if going to see the show involves any travel.

I’ve been to shows in Chicago, too (Les Mis as well), but it was with my high school so I don’t remember the ticket purchasing details. Chicago isn’t much like any other place in the midwest, though. I can’t speak for Indianapolis.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: (969)
All-game rating: (956)

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 31 Mar 2018, 04:33

Parabellum wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:As an example, my parents took my sister to see Wicked in...I want to say 2005. It took them over a year to get tickets, and it would've taken longer but my dad had a contact through his work that helped him out. And when they did finally get the tickets, they were for 7 months after they were acquired.

Not here. I remember when Wicked was new and came to my area. Tickets sold out the second they were open to the public, but the secondary ticket market usually isn’t outrageous, and the tickets will be available all the way up until the show.

I mean, you can get tickets day of at top flight east coast theaters...but they'll cost like 10-20 times more, sometimes higher even.

Similar thing on the secondary market, you get taken for a ride cause there's such a high demand for them.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kimpossible » 31 Mar 2018, 04:37

Althoooough... I have seen some crazy prices at the TKTS booth in Times Square before. If you’re not too picky about the show you go to, you can get into some good ones last-minute for reasonable prices.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 31 Mar 2018, 04:41

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

I mean, you can get tickets day of at top flight east coast theaters...but they'll cost like 10-20 times more, sometimes higher even.

Similar thing on the secondary market, you get taken for a ride cause there's such a high demand for them.

There’s also a much higher risk out here that you could end up buying counterfeit tickets if you go with the secondary market. (Outside of the aforementioned TKTS booth.)

Her?
kimpossible

Postby shadowface » 31 Mar 2018, 10:38

kimbyrle wrote:Also we're seeing Hamilton at the Kennedy Center on 8/31!

Wow, so you guys are billionaires?

Seriously, though, that's awesome! I expect you two to share the experience by saturating this game's thread with Hamilton quotes.
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby kimpossible » 31 Mar 2018, 16:01

shadowface wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Also we're seeing Hamilton at the Kennedy Center on 8/31!

Wow, so you guys are billionaires?

Seriously, though, that's awesome! I expect you two to share the experience by saturating this game's thread with Hamilton quotes.

Ha! No, I kinda explained this earlier but not super well. Kennedy Center members get the opportunity to purchase Hamilton tickets at a reduced price. Opportunities are chosen by lottery; your number comes up, you have so many minutes to buy so many tickets on a certain weekend.

A friend of mine is a member, her number came up, and I happened to see her Facebook status 3 minutes after she said "IM me in the next 5 minutes if you want Hamilton tickets."

Funny thing, I actually was the one who introduced HER to Hamilton; we carpool together to one of my chorus rehearsals and I played it for her on the drive like 2 years ago.

Her?
kimpossible

PreviousNext

Return to In Development