Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby condude1 » 30 Mar 2018, 23:38

BTW, my first post wasn't completely random. Crunkus ran an extremely similar setup a while back.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby condude1 » 30 Mar 2018, 23:38

BTW, my first post wasn't completely random. Crunkus ran an extremely similar setup a while back (Playing for Blood, IIRC).
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby asudevil » 30 Mar 2018, 23:40

condude1 wrote:I'm your huckleberry!


That was my first thought too
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
User avatar
asudevil
Premium Member
 
Posts: 16582
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 02:20
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1437
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 30 Mar 2018, 23:42

shadowface wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
shadowface wrote:I may or may not have designed this game based on what I WISH I could do every time I'm in a game with nanook.

If you were playing this game, my very first post would be to challenge you to a duel. 100%. Regardless of our alignments. :D

Unfortunately, you can't challenge someone to a duel when there's already one active, and I would have already declared a duel against you within seconds of the game start. Sorry. 8-)

That's fine by me--we already have evidence that I'm the better shot ;)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9947
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby shadowface » 30 Mar 2018, 23:56

condude1 wrote:BTW, my first post wasn't completely random. Crunkus ran an extremely similar setup a while back (Playing for Blood, IIRC).

This gives me confidence in my game design abilities :)

I just read his setup and it's similar, though you could decline a challenge in his, whereas the duels here are a bit more dramatic because they're final and they start the countdown for EOD. Also, no venge-kills or roles. Balance wise, then, I think mine would be fine at 9:3, because his was 8:3 (the same thing given 9:3 ends at MYLO).
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 4621
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Vancouver
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby shadowface » 31 Mar 2018, 00:02

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
shadowface wrote:Unfortunately, you can't challenge someone to a duel when there's already one active, and I would have already declared a duel against you within seconds of the game start. Sorry. 8-)

That's fine by me--we already have evidence that I'm the better shot ;)

I'll concede you're a fine shot when your opponent is literally sleeping.
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 4621
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Vancouver
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 31 Mar 2018, 00:03

shadowface wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
shadowface wrote:Unfortunately, you can't challenge someone to a duel when there's already one active, and I would have already declared a duel against you within seconds of the game start. Sorry. 8-)

That's fine by me--we already have evidence that I'm the better shot ;)

I'll concede you're a fine shot when your opponent is literally sleeping.

You snooze you lose.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9947
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby kimpossible » 31 Mar 2018, 02:22

Dammit. We might have to consider again whether ZZ and I can do a game together because I think we'll both want to play.

Also we're seeing Hamilton at the Kennedy Center on 8/31!
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 5978
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby kimpossible » 31 Mar 2018, 02:30

condude1 wrote:I'm your huckleberry!

Huh. I need to find out what this actually references, because to me this is one of McCree's voice lines in Overwatch.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 5978
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Ten Duel Commandments Mafia

Postby Parabellum » 31 Mar 2018, 03:39

kimbyrle wrote:Dammit. We might have to consider again whether ZZ and I can do a game together because I think we'll both want to play.

Also we're seeing Hamilton at the Kennedy Center on 8/31!


That's... five months away! Are the shows really that much in demand?
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
User avatar
Parabellum
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: 25 May 2017, 18:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (969)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to In Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest