Iron Chef Mafia (input welcome)

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Iron Chef Mafia (input welcome)

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 25 Mar 2018, 04:17

Have not read the rules, but I'm always in for anything that lets me be both overdramatic (the "reality/competition" show inspiration), and snobby (cooking, in general). Whoo!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 25 Mar 2018, 05:43

kimbyrle wrote:Also... I guess if one or both PRs are dead, the ingredient challenge just doesn't happen anymore. More reason to keep them alive!

Careful, towns have a strange obsession with destroying any mechanic they can. I'd recommend not counting on the town to keep someone alive. They will likely start policy lynching :P
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby mhsmith0 » 25 Mar 2018, 05:49

FWIW...

The mechanic in GQ that pushed town away from just policy lynching into the PR dipole was multi-fold:
1) flips were all janitored after a PR death
2) scum could kill the PR without any consequence after a PR death, but were helpless to kill it beforehand
(this, combined with scum's ability to veto every lynch that they wanted, turned GQ into an unfun slog, so I'd definitely be VERY cautious before implementing "let's give scum enough stuff to overcome one of them being outed at the start of the game")

Here, I'm less sure there really is such an incentive. Moreover, my guess is that it's actually quite unfun to play as a scum role who's completely outed to one player and in a forced dipole from the very first post of the game (Kim could probably speak to that better than anyone else fwiw). You MIIIIGHT be able to run something where you simply CANNOT lynch either of the PR roles, and essentially the wincons of all players revolves around whether of the remaining set, scum reach parity first or whether all other scum are correctly lynched.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby kimpossible » 25 Mar 2018, 14:53

I already have a rule here that only the PRs learn flips, and that both are immune to NK while the other is still alive. Those are both taken directly from Spy vs Spy.

But yeah, it was not fun to be outed so quickly.

So Smith, would you still have the PR alignments start out unknown, or just say "Iron Chef is a Saboteur, Challenger is a Chef"? Have the PRs be unlynchable and nix the blind flips thing?
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby kimpossible » 31 Mar 2018, 18:40

I think making it explicit who the scum PR is would be too town sided since it takes away ONE layer of challenge of scum hunting. I could make the PRs immortal but reveal flips. Making it 8:3 would essentially make a 7:2 ratio plus PRs.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Previous

Return to In Development