Mafia Duo's (input welcome)

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Mafia Duo's (input welcome)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 23 Mar 2018, 03:42

kimbyrle wrote:Ok, so 3Ps must get their target executed by lynch, not night kill. Which brings me to my next issue, which is that if I'm 3P and my target is executed by scum N1, I'm pretty much checking out of the game because I can't win anymore.

now see that's a good question and didn't really think about it beyond continuing to play but that could be an issue and I think the only way I can solve it while still preventing 3rd party from just coming out and aiding town would be their target would be unable to be killed at night?... if I did that it would make more sense to get rid of the doctor yes?
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Dwiltse1114

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby kimpossible » 23 Mar 2018, 04:29

So in that case, if scum hit an immune person on the NK, they'll know that person is a 3P target, ostensibly ruling that person out as 3P. Is that a problem?
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 23 Mar 2018, 05:37

Honestly, just remove the 3P and use the duos as a minor 3Ps.

Executioners are hellish to balance, not much fun, and throw a bunch of annoying mechanics into games. If he targets a scum, the scum have a serious disadvantage, if he targets town, he's a de facto scum. If his target is bulletproof, you're adding a bulletproof into the game (townsided bonus), if it's not, then you get a random aimless guy walking around. I played a bit on Town of Salem, where an exe with a dead target turns into a jester, and that just made it a million times worse.

Plus, what if the exe is shot at night? 3P with no way of saving himself and the goal of surviving until the end AND anti-town.

Plus, the exe's target gets a wonderful game of being forced to defend themselves from a rabid onslaught all game.

Just cut the role IMO.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 23 Mar 2018, 17:57

kimbyrle wrote:So in that case, if scum hit an immune person on the NK, they'll know that person is a 3P target, ostensibly ruling that person out as 3P. Is that a problem?

well I mean if they did that then that scum would have to kinda come forward to more or less explain how he knows this person is 3rd person (put a case against 3p) which could aid a lot in catching scum for town as well... and considering there is only 1 possible role that can kill at night besides scum (the college student) they would have to claim that but if the college student choose to do either of the other 2 then he could come out with it... or scum could claim cop which if theres a cop in the game they would then know that person is scum...
Dwiltse1114

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 23 Mar 2018, 17:58

condude1 wrote:Honestly, just remove the 3P and use the duos as a minor 3Ps.

Executioners are hellish to balance, not much fun, and throw a bunch of annoying mechanics into games. If he targets a scum, the scum have a serious disadvantage, if he targets town, he's a de facto scum. If his target is bulletproof, you're adding a bulletproof into the game (townsided bonus), if it's not, then you get a random aimless guy walking around. I played a bit on Town of Salem, where an exe with a dead target turns into a jester, and that just made it a million times worse.

Plus, what if the exe is shot at night? 3P with no way of saving himself and the goal of surviving until the end AND anti-town.

Plus, the exe's target gets a wonderful game of being forced to defend themselves from a rabid onslaught all game.

Just cut the role IMO.

honestly I thought about it because the 3rd party is making things more difficult but wouldn't that make the duos more likely to just come out and say they are town or do you not think it would matter?...
Dwiltse1114

Postby condude1 » 23 Mar 2018, 18:08

Dwiltse1114 wrote:

Just cut the role IMO.

honestly I thought about it because the 3rd party is making things more difficult but wouldn't that make the duos more likely to just come out and say they are town or do you not think it would matter?...

Depends on how anti-town their VCs are. Plus, apparently they can be scum, so that won't be clearing.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 23 Mar 2018, 18:27

condude1 wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:

Just cut the role IMO.

Depends on how anti-town their VCs are. Plus, apparently they can be scum, so that won't be clearing.

true ok give me a min
Dwiltse1114

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 23 Mar 2018, 18:32

new updated changes made.... grammer improved rule adjustments made/added

Factions
1.1 Teams: There will be 2 separate alignments (scum, and town). There will, however, be 5 separate factions (duo team 1, duo team 2, scum, and town).

1.2 Duos: There will be 2 separate teams of 2 players each (A paired with B, C paired with D), called duos. The two duos will not know who composes the other duos, nor will the individuals in each duo know the other player's alignment.
⦁ These 2 duos may or may not have separate, non-game ending victory conditions. The duos' victory conditions are independent of one another, and neither duo is guaranteed to have a unique VC.
⦁ These teams only have 1 (one) vote between the both of them. In the event a vote is not agreed upon, it will be randomized.
⦁ The duos may have a role. The target of this role must be agreed upon each night.
⦁ Neither member of the duo team can be targeted by that duo team's role.
⦁ Should either member of the duo die, the same rules and roles apply to the remaining team member.

1.3 Scum: there will be 2 scum (if 10 people) 3 scum (if 12). Scum will be randomly determined, and they get a kill on Night 0.
⦁ Scum have communication privileges at all times. The GM must be CCed on all communications in the game.
⦁ The scum do not know who is a member of a duo.

1.4 Town: Townies have no additional information. Their only power is their voice, their vote, and the knowledge of their own purity of thought, word, and deed.

The Vote
4.1 - Duos: Barring roles, there are 8 votes in play in a 10 player game and 10 votes in play for a twelve player game due to the duos sharing a vote.
4.2 - The town may vote to no lynch one time in the game.
4.3 - Tie: in the event of a tie the player who reached that number of votes first dies
⦁ Player A reaches 5 votes, then Player B gets to 5 votes. Player B is eliminated.
4.4 - Voting Rules: Make Sure the vote is in large red letters. Nicknames will be accepted within reason.
⦁ However official votes will only be done via PM to the GM
⦁ At the end of the day I will confirm your intended voting target. If you don't get back to me within 30 minutes I will use the last vote I have from you.
⦁ Only the raw number of votes on each player will be published at the end of every day (how many people voted A but not who voted A).

Day, Night, Game End, Day End
1.1 - Day Phase: Posting in the thread begins Day 1. Days will last 72 hours.
1.2 - Night Phase: There will be a N0. N0 will last a total of 48 hours with every night thereafter lasting 24 hours.
⦁ Townies may receive some communication privileges as part of their roles.
1.3 - Game End: Game ends when either all scum has been killed off (town win) or town's numbers are equal to or less than that of the scum (scum win).
1.4 Day End: Alignment will be revealed upon death. In the case of a duo team, they will be posted that they were a member of A duo team as well as Alignment.

Player Activity and Responsibilities
5.1 - Participate: Respect to the game, the players in it, and the GM is defined by participating actively in the game to the best of your ability. If you cannot commit to respecting the game and those involved in it, do not sign up to play the game.
⦁ 5.1.1 - Prods will be issued by the GM to players who are falling below an acceptable level of activity, (no posts after 24 hours or less then 10 posts per game day (d1 etc.) day will earn a nudge if done again a replacement) (I don't see this as particularly unreasonable as 10 posts in 1 game day of 72 hours should be fairly easy for even scum who want to hide without posting…)
⦁ 5.1.2 - It is the responsibility of players to notify the GM of any circumstances that may affect their activity level. This should be done via private message to the GM.
6.1 - Play to Win: Players are responsible for playing to their win condition at all times, though there may be some potential tension between levels of win conditions. If you do not feel you can win the larger game, you are still responsible for playing to win any of the faction you are with (duo/scum/town)...
6.2 - Don’t edit your posts: Players may not at any point edit or delete their posts. Accept that mafia posts can be a bit raw. Leave formatting, spelling, and grammar errors alone. Repost if you need to express yourself differently. Please.
⦁ 6.3 - Don’t quote GM PM’s: Players may not quote any private messages from the GM.
⦁ 6.4 - Out of Game Communication: Players may not discuss the game outside of the game (only in pm which also includes the GM aka me).
6.5 - The Basics: Players should adhere to the Forum Guidelines at all times.
6.6 - Reading Tea Leaves: Players should not attempt to use GM PM syntax or similar means to determine or profess their alignments. If you are unclear, pm the GM.
6.7 - Rule Breaking: The GM alone decides when a rule has been broken and what is to be done about it...
6.8 - Keep Things Above Board: Players should inform the GM (and not discuss in thread) if they have knowledge of or suspicion regarding any rule-breaking, or of any way they believe the game may have been compromised...
⦁ 6.8.1 - Players should inform the GM immediately if they have outside knowledge of any form that could impact the game.
6.9 - Question Authority: Players should ask the GM privately if in doubt about anything rules-related. The GM will not answer questions in thread. Players will not be told if other players have asked questions.
6.10 - Exit Gracefully: If you feel you need a sub then please say something via pm weather its game activity or life issues I'm not a dick I will try my best to find you a replacement...

Possible Roles
1.1 Cop: Investigate one player each night. You receive that player's alignment at the end of the night (Town, or Scum,).
1.2 Doctor: Protect one player each night. Cannot protect same target 2 nights in a row.
1.3 The College Student (Get it, college students do a crazy amount of work one night (right before the exam), then nothing else the rest!): Choose one of the following three options one night in the game:
⦁ 1. Shoot target player. They are eliminated from the game, provided they are not protected by the doctor.
⦁ 2. Send a PM to a player. They may reply once.
⦁ 3. Within the first 24 hours of the day, request knowledge of one member of a duo team from the GM.
1.4 Town Drunk: Drink until you forget you cast a vote -> Make the GM drink that much as well -> Vote again -> Profit. (Double voter).

Win Conditions
1.1 Scum: Have numbers equal to or greater than that of the remaining non-scum players in the game.
1.2 Town: Eliminate all the scum.
Dwiltse1114

Postby kimpossible » 23 Mar 2018, 18:42

Dwiltse1114 wrote:Win Conditions
1.1 Scum: Have numbers equal to or greater than that of the remaining non-scum players in the game.

So 3Ps can win independently of scum/town, and scum/town can win independently of 3Ps, yes?
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 23 Mar 2018, 18:50

kimbyrle wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:Win Conditions

So 3Ps can win independently of scum/town, and scum/town can win independently of 3Ps, yes?

got rid of 3p
Dwiltse1114

PreviousNext

Return to In Development