Mafia Duo's (input welcome)

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Mafia Duo's (input welcome)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 19 Mar 2018, 03:16

ive got a rough sketch on this ive already had one player look at this but wanna see what everyone thinks? what you see is what you get and what will be posted when I finally hold sign ups for it.

1.1 Teams: there will be 2 (or 3) separate alignment factors (scum and town and third party) however there will be technically (at most) be 5 separate factions (duo team 1, duo team 2, scum, 3rd party, and town)

1.2 Duos: there will be 2 seperate teams of 2 say for instants players AB CD the two seperate teams will not know who the other teams is nor will the teams know the other players alignment...
these 2 teams may or may not have seperate win conditions (non game ending) for instance team 1 may have a win condition and team 2 wont, they might both have win conditions, or neither might have a win conditions...
these teams only have 1 (one) agreed upon vote... in the event an agreed upon vote is not made i will make it a random vote...
as well as if they have a role they need to come to an agreement as to how to use it...
in case of a role they can use no role on either member...
should a teammate die same rules and roles apply to the single remaining team member...

1.3 Scum: there will be 2 scum (if 10 people) 3 scum (if 12) scum can be anyone... Scum will get a night kill starting N0...
Scum will only get 3 (three) night kill opportunities... this means there will be 3 mislynchs and town loses...
Scum can communicate at night and during the day via PM with GM (me) attached to the messages...
these Scum will know whos town but will not know who the duos are…

1.4 Town: in simple terms town Don't know dick... the only thing Town does know is their own alignment as well as role (if they are given one)...

1.5 third party: there will only be 1 alignment of third party it will either A be a team of two in which they are both third party and both need to be eliminated to be gone... or B one individual... third party will want 1 specific player in the game eliminated this player maybe town or scum only third party will have the info in who they have to eliminate to win...

The Vote
4.1 - Duos: since there will be 2 seperate teams of 2 each team ONLY has 1 (ONE) vote meaning in total day1 there should only be 8 votes (in a 10 player game) unless someone has a role with more votes...
4.2 - No-Lynch: there is ONLY aloud 1 (ONE) no lynch in the game after it is used no lynch will no longer be accepted
4.3 - Tie: in the event of a tie the player who got to the top first dies ex...
player A at 5 votes then Player B gets to 5 Player A dies...
I’m also leaving in there that even if a vote comes off player A if it goes back to Player A player A still dies (be smart with voting careful on flip flopping carelessly)
4.4 - Voting Rules: Make Sure the vote is in large red letters... abbreviations will be accepted within reason... However official votes will only be done sent to me via pm no inthread votes will be counted towards final total... @eod i will send mail back Confirming your vote if you dont get back to me in 30 minutes after i send the pm (or before i push out the lynch) i will use the last vote sent... who voted who will NOT be made public eod instead a total number of votes will be made public...
4.5: special vote: in the case of a third party duo the town will have an opportunity to vote out both members of the team at once... when sending a vote to me on who you want eliminated you may also send another vote (in blue) who you think their teammate is if majority of players voting that player guess correctly then both members of the duo are eliminated (does not apply to scum)...
Ex. ...player A & B are a duo C and D individual if C and D BOTH send me a vote via pm stating they want player A voted out and Thnik player b is player A partner then both A & B get voted out (both player C and D would have to both vote out A and guess B is player A's duo partner...
Day, Night, Game End, day end
1.1 - Day Phase: Posting in the thread begins day 1 days will last 72 hours...
1.2 - Night Phase: There will be a N0 etc N0 will last a total of 48 hours with every other night after lasting 24 hours... Communication on nights will be allowed to scum via pms... due to certain roles there may also be allowed communications between certain towns folk at night/ day via pms as well...
1.3 - Game End: Game ends when either all scum has been killed off (town win) or towns numbers are equal to or less then scums (scum win) no third party will be in the game but certain people may have seperate win conditions these win conditions will not be game ending...
1.4 Day End: alignment will be revealed upon death in case of a duo team it will be revealed as follows... Player A from DUO team 1 has been eliminated... in case of a third party that will also be revealed...
Player Activity and Responsibilities
5.1 - Participate: Respect to the game, the players in it, and the GM is defined by participating actively in the game to the best of your ability. If you cannot commit to respecting the game and those involved in it, do not sign up to play the game.
5.1.1 - Prods will be issued by the GM to players who are falling below an acceptable level of activity, (no posts after 24 hours or less then 10 posts per gameday (d1 etc) day will earn a nudge if done again a replacement) (i dont see this as particularly unreasonable as 10 posts in 1 game day of 72 hours should be fairly easy for even scum who want to hide without posting…)
5.1.2 - It is the responsibility of players to notify the GM of any circumstances that may affect their activity level. This should be done via private message to the GM.
6.1 - Play to Win: Players are responsible for playing to their win condition at all times, though there may be some potential tension between levels of win conditions. If you do not feel you can win the larger game, you are still responsible for playing to win any of the faction you are with duo/scum/town...
6.2 - Don’t edit your posts: Players may not at any point edit or delete their posts. Accept that mafia posts can be a bit raw. Leave formatting, spelling, and grammar errors alone. Repost if you need to express yourself differently. Please.
6.3 - Don’t quote GM PM’s: Players may not quote any private messages from the GM.
6.4 - Out of Game Communication: Players may not discuss the game outside of the game (only in pm which also includes the gm aka me).
6.5 - The Basics: Players should adhere to the Forum Guidelines at all times.
6.6 - Reading Tea Leaves: Players should not attempt to use GM PM syntax or similar means to determine or profess their alignments. If you are unclear, pm the GM.
6.7 - Render unto Caesar: The GM alone decides when a rule has been broken and what is to be done about it.
6.8 - Keep Things Above Board: Players should inform the GM (and not discuss in thread) if they have knowledge of or suspicion regarding any rule-breaking, or of any way they believe the game may have been compromised.
6.8.1 - Players should inform the GM immediately if they have outside knowledge of any form that could impact the game.
6.9 - Question Authority: Players should ask the GM privately if in doubt about anything rules-related. The GM will not answer questions in thread. Players will not be told if other players have asked questions.
6.10 - Exit Gracefully: If you feel you need a sub then please say something via pm weather its game activity or life issues i'm not a dick i will try my damnedest to find you a replacement...
Roles
1.1 Cop: investigate 1 player per night get back the alignment they are (doesnt tell you if they are a duo)
1.2 Doctor: can protect 1 person per night if that person is attacked doctor is notified that person is not... (player who attacked identity not revealed)
1.3 One shot: Has one shot.... can do 1 of 3 things but then he cant use this role again... can 1 (one) shoot and eliminate 1 player in the game... 2 (two) be able to send 1 private message to anyplayer in the game the player who receives it can reply once... 3 (three) can request within the first 24 hours of day 1 to know 1 member of 1 duo team will not know alignment or who their partner is...
1.4 Town Drunk: Town Drunk is well drunk he can be forgetful he can forget he has cast a vote his vote counts as 2...
Win Conditions
1.1 Scum: win when town/third party are less then or equal to their own number (1 town 1 third party) (if third party kills target and survives to end scum loses)
1.2 town: win when all scum are eliminated (if third party kills target and survives to end town loses)
1.3 third party: win in the event that they voted their target out if they voted their target and survive to the end (including all scum being eliminated third party is the sole winner... if they dont vote off their target regardless of town/scum win third party loses...
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Dwiltse1114

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Mafia Duo's (input welcome)

Postby condude1 » 19 Mar 2018, 04:19

A couple things:

1. Grammar. The rules as they are right now are nearly unreadable. It took me 2-3 reads to get an idea of what the mechanics were. When you're playing a game, poor grammar can be overlooked, but you'll want a ruleset as close to immaculate as you can get. Spend the time to make a proper ruleset with proper grammar.

2. Duos will be easily identified. Make sure their VCs are compatible with the town's VC.

3. You leave us in suspense with the number of votes in play (8... Unless someone gets more than one vote!) and then promptly tell us there's a double voter in play. If you're going to give a minimum number of votes, it might as well be the actual minimum that the town knows about.

4. One shot duo team learner seems super useless. The town knows who the duos are by who doesn't get to vote.

5. Isn't the third party just a really weak survivor? Executioner's a sketchy role at the best of times, but considering that not only does he not receive the traditional bulletproofing, but also has to survive to the end of the game means he's going to have a hell of a time winning. You already have 4 third parties, is a 5th necessary?

6. Double check balance. There are hidden mechanics, so I can't give you an accurate assessment, but follow the cop is gamebreaking. Doc+cop really makes a game town-sided. Maybe there's a balancing mechanism, I don't know, but my gut's telling me the town has too much power ATM.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 19 Mar 2018, 16:47

condude1 wrote:A couple things:

1. Grammar. The rules as they are right now are nearly unreadable. It took me 2-3 reads to get an idea of what the mechanics were. When you're playing a game, poor grammar can be overlooked, but you'll want a ruleset as close to immaculate as you can get. Spend the time to make a proper ruleset with proper grammar.

2. Duos will be easily identified. Make sure their VCs are compatible with the town's VC.

3. You leave us in suspense with the number of votes in play (8... Unless someone gets more than one vote!) and then promptly tell us there's a double voter in play. If you're going to give a minimum number of votes, it might as well be the actual minimum that the town knows about.

4. One shot duo team learner seems super useless. The town knows who the duos are by who doesn't get to vote.

5. Isn't the third party just a really weak survivor? Executioner's a sketchy role at the best of times, but considering that not only does he not receive the traditional bulletproofing, but also has to survive to the end of the game means he's going to have a hell of a time winning. You already have 4 third parties, is a 5th necessary?

6. Double check balance. There are hidden mechanics, so I can't give you an accurate assessment, but follow the cop is gamebreaking. Doc+cop really makes a game town-sided. Maybe there's a balancing mechanism, I don't know, but my gut's telling me the town has too much power ATM.

first and foremost thank you for the import...

1 I know grammer is usually not my strong suit but ill look over it again later and see what needs to be fixed so ty...

2 Im not sure how duos will be easily identified per say... and while they may or may not have vc it will be relatively close to town vc as I can make it...

3 I should have been more clear on that so that's my bad those are possible roles I can put in im thinking only 2 or 3 in total at random... 2 if theres 10 people 3 if theres 12...will go through and fix this and yes at 10 people there will be (assuming no extra vote) 8 votes...

4 this is where voting rules come in as I don't plan on using c4's tabulator thing (primarily because im not accustomed to it) but also because votes are going to need to be inboxed directly to me... reason for this being at EOD I wont be posting who voted who only the total count of votes on that player... and since official votes arnt done in thread anyone can vote like this even both members of duos and not have it be the actual vote... im assuming this is why you presumed duos would be easy to catch and I hope you understand I don't feel that they will be...

5 tbh 100% I don't get where you take 4/5 third parties from... duos are at worst a lesser town group if you will as they will still be playing for town (assuming they arnt both third party) but one of them (1 member of 1 duo) can potentially be scum... but I made the third party have one hell of a time survivoring simply vecause of their wincon in which if they lynch their target end survive to the end assuming they kill both scum with town then they are the sole winners... aka town and scum lose then...

6 this I will also look over later and make adjustments...
Dwiltse1114

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 20 Mar 2018, 18:20

new updated changes made.... grammer improved rule adjustments made/added

Factions
1.1 Teams: There will be 2 (or 3) separate alignment factors (scum and town and third party)... However there will be technically (at most) be 5 separate factions (duo team 1, duo team 2, scum, 3rd party, and town)...

1.2 Duos: There will be 2 separate teams of 2 say for instants players AB CD the two separate teams will not know who the other teams are nor will the teams know the other players alignment...
⦁ These 2 teams may or may not have separate win conditions (non game ending)... For instance team 1 may have a win condition and team 2 wont, they might both have win conditions, or neither might have a win conditions...
⦁ These teams only have 1 (one) agreed upon vote... In the event an agreed upon vote is not made i will make it a random vote...
⦁ As well as if they have a role they need to come to an agreement as to how to use it...
⦁ In case of a role they can use no role on either member of their own duo team...
⦁ Should a teammate die the same rules and roles apply to the single remaining team member...

1.3 Scum: there will be 2 scum (if 10 people) 3 scum (if 12) scum can be anyone... Scum will get a night kill starting N0...
⦁ Scum will only get 3 (three) night kill opportunities... This means there will be 3 Mislynch's and town loses... It also means should town kill a scum within the first 3 days if scum had used their night kills night 0, 1, and 2 they will not be able to kill another person at night.
⦁ Scum can communicate at night and during the day via PM with GM (me) attached to the messages...
⦁ these Scum will know who's town but will not know who the duos are…

1.4 Town: In simple terms town Don't know dick... The only thing Town does know is their own alignment as well as role (if they are given one)...

1.5 third party: There will only be 1 alignment of third party...
⦁ It will either A be a team of two in which they are both third party and both need to be eliminated to be gone...
⦁ B one individual...
⦁ Third party will want 1 specific player in the game eliminated this player maybe town or scum only third party will have the info on their target as to who they are but not their alignment they have to eliminate this player in order to possibly achieve victory conditions at end game...

The Vote
4.1 - Duos: Since there will be 2 separate teams of 2 each team ONLY has 1 (ONE) vote meaning in total day1 there should only be 8 votes (in a 10 player game) 10 votes (in a 12 player game) unless someone has a role with more votes...
4.2 - No-Lynch: There is ONLY able to be 1 (ONE) no lynch in the game after it is used no lynch will no longer be accepted (majority rules)...
4.3 - Tie: in the event of a tie the player who got to the top first dies ex...
⦁ Player A at 5 votes then Player B gets to 5 Player A dies...
⦁ I’m also leaving in there that even if a vote comes off player A if it goes back to Player A player A still dies (be smart with voting careful on flip flopping carelessly)...
4.4 - Voting Rules: Make Sure the vote is in large red letters... abbreviations will be accepted within reason...
⦁ However official votes will only be done sent to me via pm no in thread votes will be counted towards final total...
⦁ @EOD I will send mail back Confirming your vote if you don't get back to me in 30 minutes after i send the pm (or before I push out the lynch) I will use the last vote sent...
⦁ Who voted who will NOT be made public EOD instead a total number of votes will be made public...
4.5: special vote: In the case of a third party duo the town will have an opportunity to vote out both members of the team at once...
⦁ When sending a vote to me on who you want eliminated you may also send another vote (in blue) who you think their teammate is if majority of players voting that player guess correctly then both members of the duo are eliminated (does not apply to scum)...
⦁ Ex.... Player A & B are a duo C and D individual if C and D BOTH send me a vote via pm stating they want player A voted out and Think player b is player A partner then both A & B get voted out (both player C and D would have to both vote out A and guess B is player A's duo partner...

Day, Night, Game End, day end
1.1 - Day Phase: Posting in the thread begins day 1 days will last 72 hours...
1.2 - Night Phase: There will be a N0 etc. N0 will last a total of 48 hours with every other night after lasting 24 hours...
⦁ Communication on nights will be allowed to scum via PM'S...
⦁ Due to certain roles there may also be allowed communications between certain towns folk at night/ day via PM'S as well...
1.3 - Game End: Game ends when either all scum has been killed off (town win) or towns numbers are equal to or less then scums (scum win)...
⦁ Third party might be in the game but and may have separate win conditions these win conditions will not be game ending (see win conditions below...
1.4 Day End: Alignment will be revealed upon death in case of a duo team it will be revealed as follows...
⦁ Player A from DUO team 1 has been eliminated...
⦁ In case of a third party that will also be revealed...

5.1 - Participate: Respect to the game, the players in it, and the GM is defined by participating actively in the game to the best of your ability. If you cannot commit to respecting the game and those involved in it, do not sign up to play the game.
⦁ 5.1.1 - Prods will be issued by the GM to players who are falling below an acceptable level of activity, (no posts after 24 hours or less then 10 posts per game day (d1 etc.) day will earn a nudge if done again a replacement) (I don't see this as particularly unreasonable as 10 posts in 1 game day of 72 hours should be fairly easy for even scum who want to hide without posting…)
⦁ 5.1.2 - It is the responsibility of players to notify the GM of any circumstances that may affect their activity level. This should be done via private message to the GM.
6.1 - Play to Win: Players are responsible for playing to their win condition at all times, though there may be some potential tension between levels of win conditions. If you do not feel you can win the larger game, you are still responsible for playing to win any of the faction you are with (duo/scum/town)...
6.2 - Don’t edit your posts: Players may not at any point edit or delete their posts. Accept that mafia posts can be a bit raw. Leave formatting, spelling, and grammar errors alone. Repost if you need to express yourself differently. Please.
⦁ 6.3 - Don’t quote GM PM’s: Players may not quote any private messages from the GM.
⦁ 6.4 - Out of Game Communication: Players may not discuss the game outside of the game (only in pm which also includes the GM aka me).
6.6 - Reading Tea Leaves: Players should not attempt to use GM PM syntax or similar means to determine or profess their alignments. If you are unclear, pm the GM.
6.7 - Rule Breaking: The GM alone decides when a rule has been broken and what is to be done about it...
6.8 - Keep Things Above Board: Players should inform the GM (and not discuss in thread) if they have knowledge of or suspicion regarding any rule-breaking, or of any way they believe the game may have been compromised...
⦁ 6.8.1 - Players should inform the GM immediately if they have outside knowledge of any form that could impact the game.
6.9 - Question Authority: Players should ask the GM privately if in doubt about anything rules-related. The GM will not answer questions in thread. Players will not be told if other players have asked questions.
6.10 - Exit Gracefully: If you feel you need a sub then please say something via pm weather its game activity or life issues I'm not a dick I will try my best to find you a replacement...

Possible Roles
1.1 Cop: Investigate 1 player per night get back the alignment they are (doesn't tell you if they are a duo)
1.2 Doctor: Can protect 1 person per night if that person is attacked doctor is notified that person is not... (player who attacked identity not revealed)
1.3 One shot: Has one shot....
⦁ Can do 1 of 3 things but then he cant use this role again...
⦁ Can 1 (one) shoot and eliminate 1 player in the game...
⦁ 2 (two) be able to send 1 private message to any player in the game the player who receives it can reply once...
⦁ 3 (three) Can request within the first 24 hours of day 1 to know 1 (one) member of 1(one) duo team will not know alignment or who their partner is...
1.4 Town Drunk: Town Drunk is well drunk he can be forgetful he can forget he has cast a vote his vote counts as 2...

Win Conditions
1.1 Scum: Win when town/third party are less then or equal to their own number (1 town 1 third party) (if third party votes out their target and survives to end scum loses)
1.2 town: Win when all scum are eliminated (if third party votes out their target and survives to end town loses)
1.3 third party: Win in the event that they voted their target out if they voted their target and survive to the end third party is the sole winner... if they don't vote off their target regardless of town/scum win third party loses...
Dwiltse1114

Postby condude1 » 21 Mar 2018, 08:31

Dwiltse1114 wrote:new updated changes made.... grammer improved rule adjustments made/added

Factions
1.1 Teams: There will be 2 (or 3) separate alignments (scum, town and possibly third party). There will, however, be 5 separate factions (duo team 1, duo team 2, scum, 3rd party, and town).

1.2 Duos: There will be 2 separate teams of 2 players each (A paired with B, C paired with D), called duos. The two duos will not know who composes the other duos, nor will the individuals in each duo know the other player's alignment.
⦁ These 2 duos may or may not have separate, non-game ending victory conditions. The duos' victory conditions are independent of one another, and neither duo is guaranteed to have a unique VC.
⦁ These teams only have 1 (one) vote between the both of them. In the event a vote is not agreed upon, it will be randomized.
⦁ The duos may have a role. The target of this role must be agreed upon each night.
⦁ Neither member of the duo team can be targeted by that duo team's role.
⦁ Should either member of the duo die, the same rules and roles apply to the remaining team member.

1.3 Scum: there will be 2 scum (if 10 people) 3 scum (if 12). Scum will be randomly determined, and they get a kill on Night 1.
⦁ Scum will only get 3 night kill opportunities... This means there will be 3 Mislynchs and town loses... It also means should town kill a scum within the first 3 days if scum had used their night kills night 0, 1, and 2 they will not be able to kill another person at night.Unclear. Does this mean that the town can lose before parity? What does the second sentence mean? - Condude
⦁ Scum have communication privileges at all times. The GM must be CCed on all communications in the game.
⦁ The scum do not know who is a member of a duo.

1.4 Town: Townies have no additional information. Their only power is their voice, their vote, and the knowledge of their own purity of thought, word, and deed.

1.5 Third party: There will only be 1 third party faction.
⦁ a) It will be a team of two players, and both must be eliminated to eliminate the third party.
⦁ b) A lone wolf.
⦁ Third party will want 1 specific player in the game eliminated. The targeted player may be town or scum - only the third party will know who their target is. This player must be eliminated by the end of the game for the third party to be victorious.

The Vote
4.1 - Duos: Barring roles, there are 8 votes in play in a 10 player game and 10 votes in play for a twelve player game due to the duos sharing a vote.
4.2 - The town may vote to no lynch one time in the game.
4.3 - Tie: in the event of a tie the player who reached that number of votes first at any point in the day dies. Example:
⦁ Player A reaches 5 votes, then Player B gets to 5 votes. Player A is eliminated.
4.4 - Voting Rules: Make Sure the vote is in large red letters. Nicknames will be accepted within reason.
⦁ However official votes will only be done via PM to the GM
⦁ At the end of the day I will confirm your intended voting target. If you don't get back to me within 30 minutes I will use the last vote I have from you.
⦁ Only the raw number of votes on each player will be published at the end of every day, not who cast each vote. Very weird synergy with the method of tiebreaking. Reconsider the tiebreak rules maybe?
4.5: Special Outsider Punishment (SOuP): In the case of a third party team, the town will have an opportunity to vote out both members of the team at once.
⦁ When sending a vote to me on who you want eliminated you may also send another vote (in blue) who you think their teammate is. If a majority of players voting that player guess correctly, both third parties are eliminated Not eactly sure what "Does not apply to scum" means here.
⦁ Example: A, B, and C vote out D, who is a third party with E. If A and B guess E as D's partner, E is also eliminated. Just so you know, this will 100% be gamed by the town. They will vote as a bloc on the blue votes.

Day, Night, Game End, Day End
1.1 - Day Phase: Posting in the thread begins Day 1. Days will last 72 hours.
1.2 - Night Phase: There will be a N0. N0 will last a total of 48 hours with every night thereafter lasting 24 hours.
⦁ Townies may receive some communication privileges as part of their roles.
1.3 - Game End: Game ends when either all scum has been killed off (town win) or town's numbers are equal to or less than that of the scum (scum win).
1.4 Day End: Alignment will be revealed upon death. In the case of a duo team, they will be revealed as follows.
⦁ Player A from DUO team 1 has been eliminated.
⦁ In case of a third party thatWhat? will also be revealed.

⦁ 5.1.1 - Prods will be issued by the GM to players who are falling below an acceptable level of activity, (no posts after 24 hours or less then 10 posts per game day (d1 etc.) day will earn a nudge if done again a replacement) (I don't see this as particularly unreasonable as 10 posts in 1 game day of 72 hours should be fairly easy for even scum who want to hide without posting…)
⦁ 5.1.2 - It is the responsibility of players to notify the GM of any circumstances that may affect their activity level. This should be done via private message to the GM.
6.1 - Play to Win: Players are responsible for playing to their win condition at all times, though there may be some potential tension between levels of win conditions. If you do not feel you can win the larger game, you are still responsible for playing to win any of the faction you are with (duo/scum/town)...
⦁ 6.3 - Don’t quote GM PM’s: Players may not quote any private messages from the GM.
⦁ 6.4 - Out of Game Communication: Players may not discuss the game outside of the game (only in pm which also includes the GM aka me).
6.7 - Rule Breaking: The GM alone decides when a rule has been broken and what is to be done about it...
6.8 - Keep Things Above Board: Players should inform the GM (and not discuss in thread) if they have knowledge of or suspicion regarding any rule-breaking, or of any way they believe the game may have been compromised...
⦁ 6.8.1 - Players should inform the GM immediately if they have outside knowledge of any form that could impact the game.
6.10 - Exit Gracefully: If you feel you need a sub then please say something via pm weather its game activity or life issues I'm not a dick I will try my best to find you a replacement...

Possible Roles
1.1 Cop: Investigate one player each night. You receive that player's alignment at the end of the night (Town, Scum, or 3P).
1.2 Doctor: Protect one player each night. They cannot be killed at night.
1.3 The College Student (Get it, college students do a crazy amount of work one night (right before the exam), then nothing else the rest!): Choose one of the following three options one night in the game:
⦁ 1. Shoot target player. They are eliminated from the game, provided they are not protected by the doctor.
⦁ 2. Send a PM to a player. They may reply once.
⦁ 3. Within the first 24 hours of the day, request knowledge of one member of a duo team from the GM.
1.4 Town Drunk: Drink until you forget you cast a vote -> Make the GM drink that much as well -> Vote again -> Profit. (Double voter).

Win Conditions
1.1 Scum: Have numbers equal to or greater than that of the remaining non-scum players in the game AND the third party(ies) do(es) not achieve their VC.
1.2 Town: Eliminate all the scum AND the third party(ies) do(es) not achieve their VC.
1.3 Third Party: Kill their target and survive until finish.

Dwilt: Because the rules were still making my eyes bleed, I went through and made extensive corrections to them. It's your choice whether or not you use them (Pro tip: Use them). In the future, please shamelessly copy one of my rulesets and modify it for your purposes. Thanks :D . Red is simply my thoughts reading through them.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 21 Mar 2018, 23:53

condude1 wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:new updated changes made.... grammer improved rule adjustments made/added

Factions
1.1 Teams: There will be 2 (or 3) separate alignments (scum, town and possibly third party). There will, however, be 5 separate factions (duo team 1, duo team 2, scum, 3rd party, and town).

1.2 Duos: There will be 2 separate teams of 2 players each (A paired with B, C paired with D), called duos. The two duos will not know who composes the other duos, nor will the individuals in each duo know the other player's alignment.
⦁ These 2 duos may or may not have separate, non-game ending victory conditions. The duos' victory conditions are independent of one another, and neither duo is guaranteed to have a unique VC.
⦁ These teams only have 1 (one) vote between the both of them. In the event a vote is not agreed upon, it will be randomized.
⦁ The duos may have a role. The target of this role must be agreed upon each night.
⦁ Should either member of the duo die, the same rules and roles apply to the remaining team member.

1.3 Scum: there will be 2 scum (if 10 people) 3 scum (if 12). Scum will be randomly determined, and they get a kill on Night 1.
⦁ Scum will only get 3 night kill opportunities... This means there will be 3 Mislynchs and town loses... It also means should town kill a scum within the first 3 days if scum had used their night kills night 0, 1, and 2 they will not be able to kill another person at night.Unclear. Does this mean that the town can lose before parity? What does the second sentence mean? - Condude
⦁ Scum have communication privileges at all times. The GM must be CCed on all communications in the game.

1.4 Town: Townies have no additional information. Their only power is their voice, their vote, and the knowledge of their own purity of thought, word, and deed.

⦁ a) It will be a team of two players, and both must be eliminated to eliminate the third party.
⦁ b) A lone wolf.
⦁ Third party will want 1 specific player in the game eliminated. The targeted player may be town or scum - only the third party will know who their target is. This player must be eliminated by the end of the game for the third party to be victorious.

The Vote
4.1 - Duos: Barring roles, there are 8 votes in play in a 10 player game and 10 votes in play for a twelve player game due to the duos sharing a vote.
4.3 - Tie: in the event of a tie the player who reached that number of votes first at any point in the day dies. Example:
⦁ Player A reaches 5 votes, then Player B gets to 5 votes. Player A is eliminated.
4.4 - Voting Rules: Make Sure the vote is in large red letters. Nicknames will be accepted within reason.
⦁ At the end of the day I will confirm your intended voting target. If you don't get back to me within 30 minutes I will use the last vote I have from you.
⦁ Only the raw number of votes on each player will be published at the end of every day, not who cast each vote. Very weird synergy with the method of tiebreaking. Reconsider the tiebreak rules maybe?
4.5: Special Outsider Punishment (SOuP): In the case of a third party team, the town will have an opportunity to vote out both members of the team at once.
⦁ When sending a vote to me on who you want eliminated you may also send another vote (in blue) who you think their teammate is. If a majority of players voting that player guess correctly, both third parties are eliminated Not eactly sure what "Does not apply to scum" means here.
⦁ Example: A, B, and C vote out D, who is a third party with E. If A and B guess E as D's partner, E is also eliminated. Just so you know, this will 100% be gamed by the town. They will vote as a bloc on the blue votes.

1.2 - Night Phase: There will be a N0. N0 will last a total of 48 hours with every night thereafter lasting 24 hours.
1.3 - Game End: Game ends when either all scum has been killed off (town win) or town's numbers are equal to or less than that of the scum (scum win).
1.4 Day End: Alignment will be revealed upon death. In the case of a duo team, they will be revealed as follows.
⦁ Player A from DUO team 1 has been eliminated.
⦁ In case of a third party thatWhat? will also be revealed.

Possible Roles
1.1 Cop: Investigate one player each night. You receive that player's alignment at the end of the night (Town, Scum, or 3P).
1.3 The College Student (Get it, college students do a crazy amount of work one night (right before the exam), then nothing else the rest!): Choose one of the following three options one night in the game:
⦁ 1. Shoot target player. They are eliminated from the game, provided they are not protected by the doctor.
⦁ 3. Within the first 24 hours of the day, request knowledge of one member of a duo team from the GM.
1.4 Town Drunk: Drink until you forget you cast a vote -> Make the GM drink that much as well -> Vote again -> Profit. (Double voter).

Win Conditions
1.1 Scum: Have numbers equal to or greater than that of the remaining non-scum players in the game AND the third party(ies) do(es) not achieve their VC.
1.2 Town: Eliminate all the scum AND the third party(ies) do(es) not achieve their VC.

Dwilt: Because the rules were still making my eyes bleed, I went through and made extensive corrections to them. It's your choice whether or not you use them (Pro tip: Use them). In the future, please shamelessly copy one of my rulesets and modify it for your purposes. Thanks :D . Red is simply my thoughts reading through them.

really didn't have to do that but thank you very much any who in the next post I have revised the red marks where you laid questions or statements so hopefully they make more sense and this game maybe able to be pushed out XD
Dwiltse1114

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 21 Mar 2018, 23:54

new updated changes made.... grammer improved rule adjustments made/added

Factions

1.3 Scum: there will be 2 scum (if 10 people) 3 scum (if 12). Scum will be randomly determined, and they get a kill on Night 0.

⦁ b) A lone wolf.

The Vote
4.3 - Tie: in the event of a tie the player who reached that number of votes first dies
⦁ Player A reaches 5 votes, then Player B gets to 5 votes. Player B is eliminated.
⦁ Only the raw number of votes on each player will be published at the end of every day (how many people voted A but not who voted A).
4.5: Special Outsider Punishment (SOuP): In the case of a third party team, the town will have an opportunity to vote out both members of the team at once. This is Done by determining if there are in fact 2 third party players and correctly identifying both as a duo team.
⦁ When sending a vote to me on who you want eliminated you may also send another vote (in blue) who you think their teammate is. If a majority of players voting that player guess correctly, both third parties are eliminated. (doesn't apply to scum team ergo cant eliminate both scum in 1 night)

1.4 Day End: Alignment will be revealed upon death. In the case of a duo team, they will be posted that they were a member of A duo team as well as Alignment.

Possible Roles
1.2 Doctor: Protect one player each night. Cannot protect same target 2 nights in a row.

Win Conditions
Last edited by Dwiltse1114 on 22 Mar 2018, 19:16, edited 2 times in total.
Dwiltse1114

Postby kimpossible » 22 Mar 2018, 18:41

Dwiltse1114 wrote:1.2 Duos: There will be 2 separate teams of 2 players each (A paired with B, C paired with D), called duos. The two duos will not know who composes the other duos, nor will the individuals in each duo know the other player's alignment.

I remain pretty confused as to how duos are going to function if they are of separate alignments. A duo whose goal is to kill a specific player might find that a ridiculously easy VC to fulfill if one of them is scum. Not to mention it would make Duo member A rather suspicious of Duo member B. Are duo members allowed to out themselves?

This seems incompatible with "Scum might be in a duo." Would it be more accurate to say that scum will know each other's identities, but that nobody will know the identity of town or third parties?

Also, if scum are distributed randomly, can both scum end up in a duo together?

4.5: Special Outsider Punishment (SOuP): In the case of a third party team, the town will have an opportunity to vote out both members of the team at once. This is Done by determining if there are in fact 2 third party players and correctly identifying both as a duo team.
When sending a vote to me on who you want eliminated you may also send another vote (in blue) who you think their teammate is. If a majority of players voting that player guess correctly, both third parties are eliminated. (doesn't apply to scum team ergo cant eliminate both scum in 1 night)

Make sure you clarify majority vs plurality here.

Possible Roles
1. Shoot target player. They are eliminated from the game, provided they are not protected by the doctor.
3. Within the first 24 hours of the day, request knowledge of one member of a duo team from the GM.

The College Student is pretty overpowered. You're almost guaranteeing one of the Duo teams will lose if this happens. N1, learn a Duo team. N2, kill one. N3, kill the other.[/quote]

Towns with a cop + doctor become a Follow The Cop game if A) there's no scum blocking ability; B) the doctor can protect the same target more than once.

Win Conditions

This is going to be all but impossible for town if you have scum on a Duo team with a "kill this player" VC.

If neither scum nor town can win once 3Ps have achieved their VC, I would be pretty pissed if you made us play out the rest of the game and we fought hard to find and kill scum only to find out we couldn't have won as of, like, D2.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 22 Mar 2018, 19:14

I remain pretty confused as to how duos are going to function if they are of separate alignments. A duo whose goal is to kill a specific player might find that a ridiculously easy VC to fulfill if one of them is scum. Not to mention it would make Duo member A rather suspicious of Duo member B. Are duo members allowed to out themselves?

not necessarily (atleast I don't think) because say I do make a member of the scum team a duo that player still has to play to their scum victory condition. plus a tie in the duo victory condition is to lynch your target not have them night killed (even if the target is lynched or night killed game wont end)... and sure duos can out themselves if they so please but then every single member also knows that a member of duo can be any of the 3 alignments... so that would have to be factored for both players...

This seems incompatible with "Scum might be in a duo." Would it be more accurate to say that scum will know each other's identities, but that nobody will know the identity of town or third parties?

Also, if scum are distributed randomly, can both scum end up in a duo together?

I mean if a scum is in a duo then yes obviously they would know the other member of that duo however if they arnt in a duo then they wouldn't know whos in either duo... if that makes sense...

also yes duo can wind up on a duo together at which point they may still have the victory condition of a duo team as well however the special vote still applies in that it doesn't apply to scum.

Make sure you clarify majority vs plurality here.

I did it says majority in the rule...

The College Student is pretty overpowered. You're almost guaranteeing one of the Duo teams will lose if this happens. N1, learn a Duo team. N2, kill one. N3, kill the other.

Towns with a cop + doctor become a Follow The Cop game if A) there's no scum blocking ability; B) the doctor can protect the same target more than once.

1 the college student can only use 1 (one) of those 3 abilities and can only use it once

2 they are possible roles so neither cop or doc can be in the game only 1 can be in game or both can be in the game its for town to figure out and say only the cop is in the game and decides to reveal well then the cop just basically killed himself... risk reward... also thanks for the doctor note I will change that...

This is going to be all but impossible for town if you have scum on a Duo team with a "kill this player" VC.

If neither scum nor town can win once 3Ps have achieved their VC, I would be pretty pissed if you made us play out the rest of the game and we fought hard to find and kill scum only to find out we couldn't have won as of, like, D2.

I wouldn't say impossible more of difficult as it should be for town... and I wouldn't say near impossible either with third party having their own victory condition that allows them to win regardless of town or scum win (assuming third party lynchs their target) then that means both scum and town both will be pursueing third party and town will be pursueing scum and third party gets to chase their target to lynch them and can dicide to either town play or scum play while doing so (aid scum in eliminating town or aid town in eliminating scum)... but as they still wanna survive till the end I see them aiding town more atleast falsly scum hunting which could make them look scummy and give an easy target to both town and scum... (see what I mean?)
Dwiltse1114

Postby kimpossible » 22 Mar 2018, 22:58

Ok, so 3Ps must get their target executed by lynch, not night kill. Which brings me to my next issue, which is that if I'm 3P and my target is executed by scum N1, I'm pretty much checking out of the game because I can't win anymore.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Next

Return to In Development