Alien Infection Mafia (in signups in Pending Games thread)

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Alien Infection Mafia

Postby kimpossible » 26 Jan 2018, 16:58

Gah. It's also an alien victory if the last two Infected are shot and only two humans remain. They'll both get infected.

I'll have to make it only one new infection if both Infected get eliminated.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 26 Jan 2018, 17:02

kimbyrle wrote:Gah. It's also an alien victory if the last two Infected are shot and only two humans remain. They'll both get infected.

I'll have to make it only one new infection if both Infected get eliminated.

Yeah. I think that balances it. Look the new tweaks over for me?
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby mhsmith0 » 30 Jan 2018, 18:05

Do the aliens have a night kill? If not this can get kind of ugly fairly quickly, as 9/2 nightless even with some extra hijinks to help aliens get to parity faster can get really really really ugly for wolves

Without a night kill the fastest path to victory is:
Day 1 Mislynch 6 healthy / 2 infected / 2 aliens
Day 2 Mislynch 5 healthy / 2 infected / 2 aliens
Day 3 Mislynch 4 healthy / 2 infected / 2 aliens
and I think you said the bad guys needed to outnumber town outright?
So (again, only if I understand setup correctly) you're really getting to
Aliens PROBABLY win if they mislynch 4 straight days (but if infections aren't set right that night, they'd need to mislynch AGAIN on day 5 if i read it right), without a night kill, and without the ability to shift around infections accountability-free (i.e. people will know if they lost infection status, which is manipulable information but is still not nothing)

Also if aliens DO have a night kill this is pretty badly wolfsided, as 9/2 mountainous (no power roles of any sort, scum get a night kill) is roughly balanced for this site, and 9/2 mountainous where scum can potentially hit parity a lot faster than normal is ez street potentially

Day 1 mislynch 6/2/2
Night 1 kill 5/2/2
Day 2 mislynch 4/2/2
Night 2 kill 3/2/2 game over
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby mhsmith0 » 30 Jan 2018, 18:08

Strategy-wise, if I assume this is nightless (no factional kill) what's the benefit for aliens bothering to infect anyone before numbers get close to endgame? It seems like infecting people early in the game creates potentially useful information for town (both if/when they get uninfected and if/when they get lynched and infected status is revealed), while infection status only actually matters for wincon when it nears endgame?
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Postby kimpossible » 30 Jan 2018, 18:08

mhsmith0 wrote:Do the aliens have a night kill? If not this can get kind of ugly fairly quickly, as 9/2 nightless even with some extra hijinks to help aliens get to parity faster can get really really really ugly for wolves

Without a night kill the fastest path to victory is:
Day 1 Mislynch 6 healthy / 2 infected / 2 aliens
Day 2 Mislynch 5 healthy / 2 infected / 2 aliens
Day 3 Mislynch 4 healthy / 2 infected / 2 aliens
and I think you said the bad guys needed to outnumber town outright?
So (again, only if I understand setup correctly) you're really getting to
Aliens PROBABLY win if they mislynch 4 straight days (but if infections aren't set right that night, they'd need to mislynch AGAIN on day 5 if i read it right), without a night kill, and without the ability to shift around infections accountability-free (i.e. people will know if they lost infection status, which is manipulable information but is still not nothing)

Also if aliens DO have a night kill this is pretty badly wolfsided, as 9/2 mountainous (no power roles of any sort, scum get a night kill) is roughly balanced for this site, and 9/2 mountainous where scum can potentially hit parity a lot faster than normal is ez street potentially

Day 1 mislynch 6/2/2
Night 1 kill 5/2/2
Day 2 mislynch 4/2/2
Night 2 kill 3/2/2 game over

No night kill -- that's in the section on the Aliens.
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 30 Jan 2018, 18:10

mhsmith0 wrote:Strategy-wise, if I assume this is nightless (no factional kill) what's the benefit for aliens bothering to infect anyone before numbers get close to endgame? It seems like infecting people early in the game creates potentially useful information for town (both if/when they get uninfected and if/when they get lynched and infected status is revealed), while infection status only actually matters for wincon when it nears endgame?

Does that make it too scum-sided? Would making infections non-optional fix the problem?
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 30 Jan 2018, 18:50

kimbyrle wrote:
mhsmith0 wrote:Strategy-wise, if I assume this is nightless (no factional kill) what's the benefit for aliens bothering to infect anyone before numbers get close to endgame? It seems like infecting people early in the game creates potentially useful information for town (both if/when they get uninfected and if/when they get lynched and infected status is revealed), while infection status only actually matters for wincon when it nears endgame?

Does that make it too scum-sided? Would making infections non-optional fix the problem?

Changed now.
kimpossible

Postby mhsmith0 » 30 Jan 2018, 19:54

kimbyrle wrote:

I think without a night kill it's heavily townsided, with a night kill it's heavily wolfsided

Not sure what the right fix is, possibly playing with the factional sizes?
mhsmith0

Postby kimpossible » 30 Jan 2018, 19:59

mhsmith0 wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:

I think without a night kill it's heavily townsided, with a night kill it's heavily wolfsided

NK after a correct lynch?
Last edited by kimpossible on 30 Jan 2018, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 30 Jan 2018, 20:00

mhsmith0 wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:

Or start at 2-8?
kimpossible

PreviousNext

Return to In Development