Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby sjg11 » 11 Jan 2018, 20:16

Just noting that this game is gonna happen and booking its place in line after RedSun's game.

General concept is gonna be a game within a game. There will be the main game (Mafia against Town) and then within that there will be a sub-game (Those that want the bomb to go off against those who do not want the bomb to go off). More details on what the bomb is will follow in due course. Although I should state that if the Bomb explodes it will have no impact on the Mafia against Town aspect of the game.

So yeah a little bit more straightforward than Fable 10 but still plenty to keep y'all on your toes.

Any thoughts on the general concept?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18142
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby Zoomzip » 11 Jan 2018, 20:20

So... what is the incentive to play the mini game? Just kicks? My instinct is to say "Good townies will ignore this mini game nonsense and focus on things that actually matter."
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6563
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby Nanook » 11 Jan 2018, 20:27

Yeah, what's the incentive for playing the bomb game? Is it a situation where whichever game ends first is the winner? So for example, me and ZZ could both be townies, but I win if the bomb goes off and ZZ does not?

Cause if that's not the case...then I agree with ZZ, I don't really see much reason to pay attention to the bomb for the townies.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby sjg11 » 11 Jan 2018, 20:39

No, in order to win the game you have to fulfill the full victory condition. So if you're townie who needs to get the bomb to go off then you need to:
1. Get the bomb to go off
2. Kill all the Mafia

As the game would end when all the Mafia are killed (or when the Mafia are at equal numbers with the town)... you have to get the bomb to go off before then,.

In essence there are 3 guaranteed factions (townies who need the bomb to go off, townies who do not need the bomb to go off and Mafia). The Mafia may be spread among the two bomb factions or may all belong to one bomb faction. That will be randomly determined pre-game.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18142
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby Zoomzip » 11 Jan 2018, 20:44

OK... so... for Townies whose condition is "Bomb doesn't go off" -- They lose, and the bomb goes off. Now they can not win the game, but are expected to play out the remainder of the days?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6563
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby Nanook » 11 Jan 2018, 20:47

And mafia in the bomb goes off group, do they need it to go off to win?
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby sjg11 » 11 Jan 2018, 20:49

Zoomzip wrote:OK... so... for Townies whose condition is "Bomb doesn't go off" -- They lose, and the bomb goes off. Now they can not win the game, but are expected to play out the remainder of the days?

3 different results in this game:
1. Full win- Both victory conditions fulfilled
2. Partial win- One victory condition fulfilled
3. Defeat- Lose on both victory conditions

One can only gain a partial win if you win the town-Mafia side of the equation and lose on the Bomb side of the equation. If you lose on the town-Mafia side of things it's just a defeat. The mini-game allows you to fully win the game but you still win if you win the town-Mafia battle it's just not a complete win.

@Nanook: Yep
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18142
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby Nanook » 11 Jan 2018, 20:51

sjg11 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:OK... so... for Townies whose condition is "Bomb doesn't go off" -- They lose, and the bomb goes off. Now they can not win the game, but are expected to play out the remainder of the days?

3 different results in this game:
1. Full win- Both victory conditions fulfilled
2. Partial win- One victory condition fulfilled
3. Defeat- Lose on both victory conditions

One can only gain a partial win if you win the town-Mafia side of the equation and lose on the Bomb side of the equation. If you lose on the town-Mafia side of things it's just a defeat. The mini-game allows you to fully win the game but you still win if you win the town-Mafia battle it's just not a complete win.

@Nanook: Yep

So there are really four factions in this game. Town and mafia that need the bomb to go off, plus town and mafia that need the bomb to go off?
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby Zoomzip » 11 Jan 2018, 21:10

Personal feeling is that from a "I want to maximize my chances of winning something" -- you agree for the bomb to go off regardless of your win con as town. That way the rest of the game is a pure town play: Townies playing for full win con or partial win con, and that's all that matters. Then again, I come from the "Remove the obstacles to a town victory" Theory of town play.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6563
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby sjg11 » 11 Jan 2018, 21:47

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:OK... so... for Townies whose condition is "Bomb doesn't go off" -- They lose, and the bomb goes off. Now they can not win the game, but are expected to play out the remainder of the days?

3 different results in this game:
1. Full win- Both victory conditions fulfilled
2. Partial win- One victory condition fulfilled
3. Defeat- Lose on both victory conditions

One can only gain a partial win if you win the town-Mafia side of the equation and lose on the Bomb side of the equation. If you lose on the town-Mafia side of things it's just a defeat. The mini-game allows you to fully win the game but you still win if you win the town-Mafia battle it's just not a complete win.

@Nanook: Yep

So there are really four factions in this game. Town and mafia that need the bomb to go off, plus town and mafia that need the bomb to go off?

In essence yes, although it is possible for all of the Mafia to be "All Bomb" or "All Not Bomb".
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18142
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Next

Return to In Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests