Plague Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Plague Mafia

Postby Crunkus_old » 06 May 2016, 04:37

Keirador wrote:Dammit condude. I've been trying to come up with something both straightforward and unique for like a month, and everything ends either overwrought and unworkable, or repetitive. This is a really cool set-up and I'm mad at you for it.

He was inspired by the last game. It's n00bonic, you see.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 06 May 2016, 05:00

Keirador wrote:Dammit condude. I've been trying to come up with something both straightforward and unique for like a month, and everything ends either overwrought and unworkable, or repetitive. This is a really cool set-up and I'm mad at you for it.

Hehe, sorry. I've had this one in my back pocket for a LONG time. Crunkus can attest to that. Prior to SiTD running I sent him a game design for editing that incorporated this into an insanely complicated mechanic that has since been shelved. Since then I've developed my KISS method, so I decided to run it as a setup in its own right.

This is in signups now, if you want to join...
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Keirador » 06 May 2016, 05:07

Oh yeah I'm in, as long as nothing else I'm in is running simultaneously.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby sjg11 » 06 May 2016, 13:28

Look on the bright side. Nothing you design or try to GM can end up going as badly as Fable 7 did.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Keirador » 06 May 2016, 18:51

sjg11 wrote:

Look on the bright side. Nothing you design or try to GM can end up going as badly as Fable 7 did.

Legit the last idea I had was a set-up in which multiple town factions had to compete with each other for a win condition, all sharing the loss condition of being destroyed by an intentionally weak mafia with cloaked numbers so they were never sure when they were in LYLO, nearly all players with roles (each faction had a vigilante, a tracker, and a godfather) flavored as the War of Five Kings. I never even bothered putting it into development, way too clusterfucky. Fable 7 looked like a straightforward breeze in comparison.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Crunkus_old » 06 May 2016, 19:44

One thing that I noticed about the rules:

If the strong/weak/etc types are distributed non-randomly, there may be some degree of speculation after a while given what people will eventually show themselves to be through symptoms. If that's part of the anticipated design, so be it...but if it's not supposed to be relevant, indicating that the types are distributed randomly may be necessary in the rules.

My apologies if I missed that.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

All-game rating: (944)

Postby condude1 » 06 May 2016, 21:41

Crunkus wrote:One thing that I noticed about the rules:

If the strong/weak/etc types are distributed non-randomly, there may be some degree of speculation after a while given what people will eventually show themselves to be through symptoms. If that's part of the anticipated design, so be it...but if it's not supposed to be relevant, indicating that the types are distributed randomly may be necessary in the rules.

My apologies if I missed that.

Good point. I'll make the change now. I might even put the number of each type into the rules beforehand, so that there's nothing secret about the mechanics whatsoever.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Previous

Return to In Development